Civil War: Whos side are you on?

OK, I'm starting to really think that Tony Stark is being mind controlled.

It would still be lame, though. Honestly, look at the Armor Wars and some of the other stuff he pulled on the West Coast Avengers. This really isn't that far out of character for him, especially given how the registration act is polarizing everything. Tony's always been a colossal *****e.

Or hasn't gotten any in a while. Jessica left him hangin'.:o:eek:

What exactly is Extremis?
I haven't been buying those.

I'm just thinking they shouldn't really be making him the big villian in this whole thing since he is currently being made into a movie as we speak.
You don't want people coming in to think the star of the movie is a big *****e.

TheCorpulent1 said:
It would still be lame, though. Honestly, look at the Armor Wars and some of the other stuff he pulled on the West Coast Avengers. This really isn't that far out of character for him, especially given how the registration act is polarizing everything. Tony's always been a colossal *****e.
I don't see him being *****y here. Maria Hill? Oh, HUGE *****e. But Tony? He's doing what he thinks is right, and I think JMS and Millar have done a great job of showing that. Tony isn't sitting in Stark Tower on a massive throne plotting world domination; he's trying to continue helping the world while working alongside SHIELD.

SpideyInATree said:
I don't read Thunderbolts. I'm guessing that they break out Bullseye or something, or someone does.

If they do, that's poop because Daredevil is freakin' awesome. You've got Kingpin, Hammerhead, Black Tarantula, Bullseye, and Daredevil all in the same prison. Talk about kick ass drama. It's like Daredevil: Oz.

You should read Thunderbolts its a good comic.

Bullseye is probably gonna comlpy and help the government. I think a lot of villians will take advantage of the registration.

I think the villians helping, whihc would be a good idea to add that in, will eventually blow up in the face of the government and only strengthen the superheroes case.

Artistsean said:
I think the villians helping, whihc would be a good idea to add that in, will eventually blow up in the face of the government and only strengthen the superheroes case.

Exactly.

Is this turning into a "The Government is Evil" Story?

Think about it? Recruiting bad guys?

Having heroes reveal them selves in public (yet they don't have to). which will only lead to negative repurcussions, they already promoting Spidey is going to get some bad beat downs for taking off his mask.

The fact that they wouldn't take Spider-man's testimony into record because he had on a mask.

Hinting at the fact that the event was planned and not an accident.

Also the fact that no one is concentrating on the actual cause of the event and really going after the guy that did it. Well one hero is, why the rest of the avengers aren't going after him is beyond me.

I also found it odd that they made the presidnet actually look like the president. I know they ocassionally do this, but in most cases they artist does this for the purpose of making a political statement.

The story is definetly a political statement. It feels like a commentary on the war in Iraq and how people become divided over what is going on. Look at Sue and Reed Richards. A lot of husbands and wives disagreed on the war.

I guess what I'm saying is I don't have an issue with using comics to make a political statment. That is what art is for a lot of times. What Im against is making the characters act so contridictary to thier normal behavior just to make the statement bigger.

no its turning into a government is stupid story, stupid for thinking they can pull this off.

daveswb said:
Is this turning into a "The Government is Evil" Story?
Unfortunately yes. Take a look at who is the writer: Mark Millar, who is definetly a liberal. An Irish one by the way. Or is he Scottish, I can't remember.

Think about it? Recruiting bad guys?
No, the Pro-Registration just wants more Thunderbolts. Now that the superhero community is split right down the middle, the bad guys would be a problem. And there's a lot of bad guys. If you convert some of the bad guys into Thunderbolts/somewhat good guys then the problem of bad guys would be lifted somewhat.

Having heroes reveal them selves in public (yet they don't have to). which will only lead to negative repurcussions, they already promoting Spidey is going to get some bad beat downs for taking off his mask.

The fact that they wouldn't take Spider-man's testimony into record because he had on a mask.

Hinting at the fact that the event was planned and not an accident.

Also the fact that no one is concentrating on the actual cause of the event and really going after the guy that did it. Well one hero is, why the rest of the avengers aren't going after him is beyond me.

I also found it odd that they made the presidnet actually look like the president. I know they ocassionally do this, but in most cases they artist does this for the purpose of making a political statement.

The story is definetly a political statement. It feels like a commentary on the war in Iraq and how people become divided over what is going on. Look at Sue and Reed Richards. A lot of husbands and wives disagreed on the war.

I guess what I'm saying is I don't have an issue with using comics to make a political statment. That is what art is for a lot of times. What Im against is making the characters act so contridictary to thier normal behavior just to make the statement bigger.

The rest I have to agree with.

even though millar is very politically inclined in his writing, i havent felt that he has pushed us to one side or another, he has made the case for both sides and they are fairly compelling.

TheCorpulent1 said:
I might drop the Spider-Man books altogether. Having Peter finally, intentionally kill someone after 40 years of steering clear of that, on top of the fact that his stories have been sucking in general lately, would be the straw that broke the camel's back for me. I'd pull out, go into Spidey withdrawal like I did for the Clone Saga, and come back when things are better.

Everyone has their limits.

i know i would be mad if a bunch of washed up former teenaged superheroes caused the death of many kids and adults alike. it would be if the new warrior caused 9/11 "excidently". i kind of agree with the goverment, i would hunt down all heroes and villains alike.

hippie_hunter said:
Unfortunately yes. Take a look at who is the writer: Mark Millar, who is definetly a liberal. An Irish one by the way. Or is he Scottish, I can't remember.

He's scottish.

Why does that have any bearing on the matter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"