Civil War: Whos side are you on?

Artistsean said:
OK, I'm starting to really think that Tony Stark is being mind controlled.

Sort of. In the opening of the new Iron Man series Warren Ellis wrote the first arc called "Extremis". Basically to stop the bad guy infected with the Extremis virus, Tony elected to have it injected into himself as well.

When you've seen Tony controlling all the Iron Man units with his mind, that's the Extremis virus allowing him to do that.

It's been hinted at that the Extremis virus or something is messing with Iron Man, because he hasn't really been acting like himself lately.

Even in the latest story arc in his own title there is some crazy stuff going on with Tony and people are starting to get suspicious.

I would almost gaurantee that it is extremis that is influencing Tony to act out of character and a lot more brash.

But I still think Tony believes in the registration, and would be on the registration side no matter what, he's just a lot more aggressive than he would've been. Look how he's been acting in the New Avengers, Amazing Spider-man, and Invincible Ironman in the last couple issues.

I dont want him to somehow get rid of Extremis though.

supermarvelman said:
But I still think Tony believes in the registration, and would be on the registration side no matter what, he's just a lot more aggressive than he would've been. Look how he's been acting in the New Avengers, Amazing Spider-man, and Invincible Ironman in the last couple issues.

I dont want him to somehow get rid of Extremis though.

Tony would still be making the same dicisions, even w/o extremis, he's just more aggresive with extremis, I dont think thats a cop-out, but thats just my opinion.

I don't look at it like a cop out either. If you've been reading the Iron Man title then you'll see for yourself that something is up and has been up with Tony. It's something that's been building for a long time too.

If this was something that Tony just had in himself for a few months, yeah I might consider it a cop out.

But this Extremis thing has been around for a while now.

SpideyInATree said:
I don't look at it like a cop out either. If you've been reading the Iron Man title then you'll see for yourself that something is up and has been up with Tony. It's something that's been building for a long time too.

If this was something that Tony just had in himself for a few months, yeah I might consider it a cop out.

Wanda went crazy before, so thats been around, doesnt mean when bendis used it it wasnt a cop out.;)

It's like if you had strong views on something like the government but you never really fully expressed those views, then oneday something lights a fire under your ass and you say these are my views whether you like them or not i'm expressing them no matter what you think, even if your my friend. Get what I'm saying.

Example: Lets say your okay with gay marriages but NONE of yours friends are, they're totally against it, so you never really express your view, you just kinda play along with there views. One day you say the fire gets lit under your ass and you express your views.

I dont think what Wanda did was a cop-out either. Quicksilver had a big influence on what she did. It wasn't just her being a nut-ball.

supermarvelman said:
I dont think what Wanda did was a cop-out either. Quicksilver had a big influence on what she did. It wasn't just her being a nut-ball.

Yeah, "Your honor, I didnt want to kill the guy, my brother told me to do it." Lets see how that holds up in court.

SpideyInATree said:

Although I agree Extremis is going to play a big part in Civil War, it will appear to be a cop-out to anyone who doesn't read Iron Man as these people have no idea what it is, what it does etc....

No kidding, if I pull the trigger technically I'm the guilty party, but that doesnt mean somebody couldn't influence me and get away with it.

WhatIfTales said:
Although I agree Extremis is going to play a big part in Civil War, it will appear to be a cop-out to anyone who doesn't read Iron Man as these people have no idea what it is, what it does etc....

Well thats there fault for not reading Ironman, so really it isnt a cop-out, it only SEEMS like a cop-out if you dont read Ironman.

Darthphere said:
Wanda went crazy before, so thats been around, doesnt mean when bendis used it it wasnt a cop out.;)

I don't really see much of a comparison to Wanda's event and the Extremis virus in Iron Man. But, whatever, heh.

WhatIfTales said:

I know exactly what it is, its still a cop put. Heres the way I see it, it pretty much absolves Tony of any repsonsibility he has over the whole thing. "Dont blame Tony it was the Extremis" is a lame excuse even if it has been set up to be that. Its like what DC did with Hal Jordan pretty much saying oh it was the yellow impurity monster, not Hal. So what happens, Hal doesnt have to face up to anything and is now an extremely boring and generic character.

SpideyInATree said:
I don't really see much of a comparison to Wanda's event and the Extremis virus in Iron Man. But, whatever, heh.

Well you mentioned how the Extremis virus has been set up so it wouldnt be like they just made it up. Its the same with Wanda's sanity or lack thereof. Furthermore it was meant to push your buttons hince the ;) smiley.

WhatIfTales said:

So, Marvel finally gives people some story and interest...and nobody wants to read it? Heh.

I don't see how that would qualify it as a cop out simply because some people didn't read Iron Man. Well, I'll let them borrow my issues if that's what needs to be done, haha.

Or they could all do what they plan to do and read the comics for free at the shop.

How would that hold up in court buddy.

Dont blame me blame Extremis.

Dont blame me it was the Yellow Impurity.

I didn't pull the trigger it was the voices in my head.

supermarvelman said:
How would that hold up in court buddy.

Dont blame me blame Extremis.

Dont blame me it was the Yellow Impurity.

I used the Extremis as a way of getting out of a traffic ticket.

See to me the difference is that Hal Jordan would've never made those dicisions in the fisrt place if he wasnt possesed by Parallax. But a lot of people in the DC universe still think it was all Hal who did what he did.

Tony Stark would've made these dicisions without Extremis, but like i said it just makes him more brash and aggressive

Why is everyone acting like Tony Stark has done anything wrong in Civil War. I mean what has he really done that is wrong? The way I see it, he has done nothing wrong. I mean if following the law and encouraging others to do so is a sin then you might as well point your finger at ever law abiding citizen. It is not as if the registration act was his idea. He is just a man tring to do the best he can in a bad situation while tring to minimise the death and distruction that is sure to follow. He is just a realist that knows that things dont always turn out the way you wish or the way they are meant to be.

From what I have seen so far, he has nothing to feel sorry or apologise for, if you belive different then tell me what he has done that has got everyone so pissed off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"