Clark's superhearing isn't always on?

Spare-Flair

Sidekick
Reaction score
There are so many ridiculous times in the show that Clark gets surprised from behind...especially in his loft when somebody walks up to visit him for a chat, be it Lana, Chloe, Martha, Lois, and in the finale...

Lionel when Clark is holding the Krypto-Dagger. For a guy with superhearing, he's pretty easy to sneak up on. What if it was Lana who walked up while he was holding a Kyrptonian artifiact?

The viewers can clearly hear footsteps on the wooden stairs but Clark never does and he always turns around surprised like a normal person.

there are inconsistencies everywhere, truth be told, he should never get tagged ever but he does because it apparently enhances the story...

besides he's still young, one can say his powers are still manifesting themselves, especially the ones he's gained during the show...

one can say he needs to focus to activate them and that's why they aren't on all the time.

And given the instances you site about the loft and the knife you could also say he was lost in thought.

I mean think about when you get lost in a movie or book and people sneek up on you when normally you'd hear them.

I've always thought Clark's hearing wasnt a passive power like his invulnerability, I thought it was something he had to actively try to use like his x-ray or heat visions. That would at least make the "sneak ups" more plausible.

The Incredible Hulk said:
I've always thought Clark's hearing wasnt a passive power like his invulnerability, I thought it was something he had to actively try to use like his x-ray or heat visions. That would at least make the "sneak ups" more plausible.

It definately has to be, or else every sound within a thousand mile would clog Clarks head.

i was more upset that Clark let the Phantom Zone Bracelet fly pass him

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"