The CW's 6th Season Description (Spoilers)

KalKai

n/a
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Clark must battle his way out of the Phantom Zone. Thrown into this Kryptonian jail created by Jor-El, Clark finds himself without powers and surrounded by revenge-seeking criminals sent away by his father. Jor-El's old assistant, a young woman named Raya (guest star Pascale Hutton), comes to his aid in the Phantom Zone and helps Clark escape. Unfortunately, there may have been others who escaped with him." [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Martha continues to adjust to life without Jonathan, but is conflicted about her growing feelings for Lionel. Though Lionel has offered to help Clark, Martha is unsure of his motives." [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
• The relationship between Lex and Lana gets serious, widening the gap between Lana and Clark. While Lex loves Lana, he is still driven by his ambitions and continues down the path of evil. Though he promised to always tell Lana the truth, he realizes some things need to stay a secret in order to maintain his relationship with her. "
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Clark and Lex's friendship has completely dissolved, and the two have become enemies, forcing Clark to work harder to protect his secret. On top of the fact that Lex stole Lana from him, Clark sees the dangerous path Lex is taking and vows to stop him. This season, best friends turn into bitter enemies battling the very forces of good and evil." [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• There is a new billionaire in town with the arrival of DC Comics character Oliver Queen, aka Green Arrow (Justin Hartley). Although he has no superpowers, Oliver is a gifted archer who qualified for the U.S. Olympic team, but chose to put his skills to work as the 'emerald archer.' He steals ill-gotten gains from the rich and gives to the poor. Oliver comes from Star City to Metropolis to aid in the recovery from Brainiac's deadly virus. While in town, he meets and is charmed by Lois Lane, igniting suspicion and a little jealousy in Clark. Oliver discovers Clark's abilities and asks Clark to join him in his new project * forming a league of superheroes." [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
• Chloe is pleasantly surprised when former fling and aspiring photographer Jimmy Olsen (guest star Aaron Ashmore) joins the staff of The Daily Planet, and the two rekindle their relationship."
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

i thought 5 was kinda weak, so i hope so

KalKai said:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Clark must battle his way out of the Phantom Zone. Thrown into this Kryptonian jail created by Jor-El, Clark finds himself without powers and surrounded by revenge-seeking criminals sent away by his father. Jor-El's old assistant, a young woman named Raya (guest star Pascale Hutton), comes to his aid in the Phantom Zone and helps Clark escape. Unfortunately, there may have been others who escaped with him."
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]
This might be part of Clark's secret plot. Sounds good. :up:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]• Clark and Lex's friendship has completely dissolved, and the two have become enemies, forcing Clark to work harder to protect his secret. On top of the fact that Lex stole Lana from him, Clark sees the dangerous path Lex is taking and vows to stop him. This season, best friends turn into bitter enemies battling the very forces of good and evil."
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

Cant wait to see how TW and MR take on this. Should be awesome!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Now beginning its sixth season, this new interpretation of the enduring Superman mythology and its classic characters blends realism and adventure into an exciting action series. This season, Clark Kent (Tom Welling, “Cheaper By the Dozen”) and Lex Luthor (Michael Rosenbaum, “Sorority Boys”) have become the sworn enemies that comic book aficionados have always known and loved.

IT ABOUT TIME .

This season Clark must battle his way out of the Phantom Zone. Thrown into this Kryptonian jail created by Jor-El, Clark finds himself without powers and surrounded by revenge-seeking criminals sent away by his father. Jor-El’s old assistant, a young woman named Raya (guest star Pascale Hutton), comes to his aid in the Phantom Zone and helps Clark escape. Unfortunately, there may have been others who escaped with him.

Sounds like a very promising start . :up: :up:

This season, Martha continues to adjust to life without Jonathan, but is conflicted about her growing feelings for Lionel. Though Lionel has offered to help Clark, Martha is unsure of his motives.

I'm still not happy about this. But I'm willing to give it a chance

This season, their relationship gets serious, widening the gap between Lana and Clark. While Lex loves Lana, he is still driven by his ambitions and continues down the path of evil. Though he promised to always tell Lana the truth, he realizes some things need to stay a secret in order to maintain his relationship with her.

:o huh

Clark and Lex’s friendship has completely dissolved, and the two have become enemies, forcing Clark to work harder to protect his secret. On top of the fact that Lex stole Lana from him, Clark sees the dangerous path Lex is taking and vows to stop him. This season, best friends turn into bitter enemies battling the very forces of good and evil.

Ah Now this makes me very happy

Additionally, there is a new billionaire in town with the arrival of DC Comics character Oliver Queen, aka Green Arrow (Justin Hartley, “Passions”). Although he has no superpowers, Oliver is a gifted archer who qualified for the U.S. Olympic team, but chose to put his skills to work as the “emerald archer.” He steals ill-gotten gains from the rich and gives to the poor. Oliver comes from Star City to Metropolis to aid in the recovery from Brainiac’s deadly virus. While in town, he meets and is charmed by Lois Lane, igniting suspicion and a little jealousy in Clark. Oliver discovers Clark’s abilities and asks Clark to join him in his new project – forming a league of superheroes.

I'm willing to give this storyarc a chance, before I cast Jugdement .

Chloe is pleasantly surprised when former fling and aspiring photographer Jimmy Olsen (guest star Aaron Ashmore, “Veronica Mars”) joins the staff of The Daily Planet, and the two rekindle their relationship.

FINALLY, She Got a Boyfriend :up: :up:

Kaboom said:
i thought 5 was kinda weak, so i hope so

Ah, I loved the 5th season... how can you not love a season that brought us Brainiac?

:up: :D

triplet said:
how can you not love a season that brought us Brainiac?

:up: :D

Because when he was not around the last 10 Minutes of most Episodes were the good parts with some exceptions

Hmmm.... Whatever.

The 5th was my favorite season, I won't argue it here...

triplet said:
Hmmm.... Whatever.

The 5th was my favorite season, I won't argue it here...
Exactly!

I think this season description is okay, but I was flying out of my seat [no pun intended] last year at this time when I read the S5 description. Unlike last year's synop, the S6 description says a lot w/o saying much at all...

Clark and Lex - bitter enemies? Oh pish! We know that. :rolleyes: :p What's the deal with Zod? How long does that last (in Lex)? Will a "real" Zod show up eventually? Are alien Ken and Barbie due back? What about Brainiac?

Jimmy and Chloe? Sheeit, we KNEW that already. :p How 'bout something new? More info, please.

Lex and Lana? Meh. Didn't like it in S5; not looking forward to it in S6. They're gonna have to do something re-heely special this year for me to change my mind about that pairing - or Lana, for that matter.

And while I'm stoked about introducing the nascent JLA, having Lois and OQ start something - and having Clark be jealous of it - has a been-there-done-that ring to it. I just wish there was a little more to go on, like they dished out last year. :(

EDIT: Because paragraphs are your friend. ;)

S5 opened really well but ended sort of blah. This year it seems they are taking the stance that there will be a lot going on but seem to be holding back details. I also am having a tough time with some of the wording chosen as the description.

Specifically the "Lex stole Lana" line. C'mon Clark let her go right wrong indifferent he made a choice. It wasnt until after that choice that Lex ended up with her. I really hope they dont take this direction. Also the whole pimping out Lois to the JLA thing . . .Again I like Durance and all but I think it's time Lois left SV rather than use her to add more T&A.

So to sum up my position just let him fly . . . :D

No suprises here

It's gonna be fun seeing the writers screw there own set ups though...

NHawk19 said:
S5 opened really well but ended sort of blah. This year it seems they are taking the stance that there will be a lot going on but seem to be holding back details.

Exactly, I prefer it this way. Last year we didn't really have any big surprises going into the episodes, we knew EVERYTHING, FoS (duh :p), Fine/Brainiac, Jonathan's death.. you know some mystery never hurts.

NHawk19 said:
So to sum up my position just let him fly . . . :D
Eventually.. :D Actually, I think it would be amazing to see him trying to master his flying skilz. I can imagine the f/x budget would go out the window though.

I don't think any of the "spoilers" are surprising in any way. They seem fairly consistent with where the story left off at the end of S5. It does seem very apparent that they have recognized the fan's appreciation of delving a bit deeper into the DCU. We'll see how far that actually take that.

I guess I'm a little leery of them relying on Aquadude equivalents and BIG ACTION!, and in the process losing some of the real heart and soul of the show. Clark's inner understanding and acceptance of his role as a hero contrasted against his constant conflict with wanting a normal life are things I think he still needs to resolve. That's the key to a show about watching Clark Kent's journey to manhood, IMO.

Serene said:
Eventually.. :D Actually, I think it would be amazing to see him trying to master his flying skilz. I can imagine the f/x budget would go out the window though.

I don't think any of the "spoilers" are surprising in any way. They seem fairly consistent with where the story left off at the end of S5. It does seem very apparent that they have recognized the fan's appreciation of delving a bit deeper into the DCU. We'll see how far that actually take that.

I guess I'm a little leery of them relying on Aquadude equivalents and BIG ACTION!, and in the process losing some of the real heart and soul of the show. Clark's inner understanding and acceptance of his role as a hero contrasted against his constant conflict with wanting a normal life are things I think he still needs to resolve. That's the key to a show about watching Clark Kent's journey to manhood, IMO.

No, we all expected or knew everything they mentioned here, but I think there is alot not being said this time. They are being more secretive than they were last year.

AgentPat said:
What's the deal with Zod? How long does that last (in Lex)? Will a "real" Zod show up eventually?

If I remember correctly in his blog Steve said one time Zod will be taken care of in the premiere. Due to the budget being so low they can not afford to keep up with the Zod Story Line. They really need to take the one chance they have here & give Lex & Clark a REAL SUPER FIGHT

TrailerCues said:
If I remember correctly in his blog Steve said one time Zod will be taken care of in the premiere. Due to the budget being so low they can not afford to keep up with the Zod Story Line.
I read DeKnight's comments, but he also said the show couldn't have Jimmy Olsen. Heh. Things change.

Regardless, I'm not gonna miss Zod if they do decide to ditch the character. And who knows? Given how creative *cough* that other franchise is shaping up to be, I wouldn't be surprised if they've already been *told* to resolve the Zod story arc and drop the subject. Can't have any egregious mythology clashes now, y'know? *cough*

Damn! I need to pick up some Robitussin. :p

They really need to take the one chance they have here & give Lex & Clark a REAL SUPER FIGHT
Just out of curiosity, why is this so important to folks? I can understand how the confrontation in Arrival was a little too easy, but Clark does something very physical in EVERY episode. Why is everybody so fixated on needing a super-battle? It's not really what the show is about, though I DO agree that Clark's M.O. is to use brawn before brains in most situations. It's a defining characteristic, which I admit, has its moments of appeal.

AgentPat said:
I read DeKnight's comments, but he also said the show couldn't have Jimmy Olsen. Heh. Things change.

Regardless, I'm not gonna miss Zod if they do decide to ditch the character. And who knows? Given how creative *cough* that other franchise is shaping up to be, I wouldn't be surprised if they've already been *told* to resolve the Zod story arc and drop the subject. Can't have any egregious mythology clashes now, y'know? *cough*

Just out of curiosity, why is this so important to folks? I can understand how the confrontation in Arrival was a little too easy, but Clark does something very physical in EVERY episode. Why is everybody so fixated on needing a super-battle? It's not really what the show is about, though I DO agree that Clark's M.O. is to use brawn before brains in most situations. It's a defining characteristic, which I admit, has its moments of appeal.

Because it's closest there gonna get to a real Superman vs. Lex Luthour fight

They should dedicate an entire episode to that lol, 40 minutes of fighting.

I think folks would be happy if we get a Kal vs Super Jonathan type of fight again, maybe a little longer. That was a very good fight & SV's best fight.

AgentPat said:

What are you saying?:eek: :O

That the Sequel will be title Zod Returns, with Zod being played by Richard Simmons.....ok.....that's just creepy.:O

I'm ok with Zod going away quick, I can understand budget constraints.

AgentPat said:

I think you touched on it with the brawn before brains comment. But also they havent choreographed a good fight lasting more than 3-5 hits before someone gets knocked out. Plus Clark hasnt had a physical challenge in a while. Sure he burst through walls, grabs people, run to different scenes and stuff but he hasnt truely been physically challenged yet. I will admit a battle royal would be a sight to see.

Where'd these spoilers come from (and why did I enter this thread?!:()

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"