Classic Films You're Embarassed to Admit Not Seeing

DrDoom

Dictator
Reaction score
Everyone has at least one.

I've been in conversations and a classic film was brought up that EVERYONE has seen except me. Or movies that are big on the boards that people reference and I've just played along and faked it lol

I was wondering what some other people's movie omissions would be. Hopefully this will give me the push to sit down and watch some classic films I've missed out on :D

My top spot would have to go to BLADE RUNNER. Everyone I know has seen it and references it but I just have never gotten around to seeing it.

-DOOM :doom:

A Clockwork Orange
Gone With The Wind

And I haven't managed to watch even a single Hitchcock movie to date. :csad:

Both man. More importantly Hitchcock. But Clockwork Orange is awesome.

I've only seen a handful of films from before 1930, so I'm missing pretty much all of the silent era (except for the odd film such as The Lost World and Ben-Hur) and stuff like The Jazz Singer.

Most of the older films I've seen I've watched off of the various classic movie channels, but the silent era doesn't seem to be very well covered at all.

I've also skipped a lot of the classic horror films (Exorcist, etc.). I'm just not a fan of that sort of thing. Especially those that deal with the occult.

Last edited:
Blade Runner here, too.
It's NEVER on ANY channel on TV. It's like it's a forbidden movie.

Speaking of Blade Runner, I've never seen the most recent cut of the film, only the 1982 theatrical version and 1992 director's cut. The 1992 version was better, but they are both excellent.

Last edited:
I've only seen the first 20 minutes of Blade Runner. Honestly, I found it boring. Does that make me a bad person?

Anyway, through sheer pop-culture absorption, I pretty much know everything that happens and even most of the dialogue. So I might as well have seen it.

Speaking of Blade Runner, I've never seen the most recent cut of the film, only the 1982 theatrical version and 1992 director's cut. The 1992 version was better, but they are both excellent.

Thats been my problem too. I've wanted to see it but there are like 10 different versions. Not sure which one is THE definitive one to watch

Which ones? Hitchcock? Or Clockwork Orange?

I have Gone With The Wind, but there's no way I'm subjecting myself to that runtime. :cmad:

Gone With the Wind has an intermission, so you can split it over two days if you need to. Even though we have seen them all many times an love them, that's what my wife and I do with the Lord of the Rings movies now.

It's a good movie....really ahead of it's time.
I definitely need to watch it sometime soon. I've heard nothing but good things.

I think there's a new version with restored footage that had been missing for years so I'll try getting my hands on that one.

Citizen Cane
Ed Wood
Gone With the Wind
It's a Wonderful Life

Citizen Cane
Ed Wood
Gone With the Wind
It's a Wonderful Life
That's surprising. You almost have to go out of your way to NOT see it around Christmas time lol

Which ones? Hitchcock? Or Clockwork Orange?

I have Gone With The Wind, but there's no way I'm subjecting myself to that runtime. :cmad:

All of the above. A Clockwork Orange, Psycho, Rear Window, Vertigo, Shadow of a Doubt, Notorious, North by Northwest, Rope and The Man Who Knew Too Much are all must-sees.

So is Gone with the Wind and there is a built in intermission at the 2-hour mark (the end of the Civil War) that you can stop at. Then pick it up the next night. If you've sat through LOTR, you can handle that.

Thats been my problem too. I've wanted to see it but there are like 10 different versions. Not sure which one is THE definitive one to watch

Director's Cut or Final Cut are fine. They're pretty much the exact same, except Final Cut has a few minor tweaks (and Scott reshot one shot that he was never happy with). I prefer Final Cut, but only because it got the deluxe treatment for Blu-ray and looks gorgeous.

I haven't seen Behind the Green Door. Yet.

That's surprising. You almost have to go out of your way to NOT see it around Christmas time lol

I spend time with my family and friends during the holiday. No time for movies and TV. That's just how I roll!

I like I made this thread already. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"