Clerks 3

Kevin Smith Reveals if Clerks III Is in Black and White or Color

Smith provided the answer on an episode of Fatman Beyond. Thanks to the film's plot, with Randal creating a film dramatizing his life as a clerk, Smith will be able to use both black-and-white and color formats in the new movie.

"It's both [black and white and color]," Smith says. "The premise of the movie, of course, is that they make a movie, so the movie they make is in black and white. The movie's in color, but [it's black and white] when they shoot their version of Clerks -- which is called Inconvenience. That was the original title for Clerks. ... The black and white movie they're making is called Inconvenience, that's their version of Clerks. There's a lot of us replicating the scenes that you know insanely well from Clerks, and the beautiful thing is they're replicated with all the same people, and we're all so f**king old."

That’s pretty cool.

tumblr_ppr4rjv4Kx1qe8tjno1_400.gifv

I didn't even recognize Elias at first.

Everybody aged... How did that happ-- *realizes it's been 15 years since Clerks II*

LdHjG2K.gif

Elias doesn't look older... just fatter.

Jeff Anderson has the air of a tired old rock star in that photo. Someone like Robert Plant. O'Halloran's agedness makes the idea of him and Dawson seem even more hilarious.

Elias doesn't look older... just fatter.
He looks older too, but what's jarring about it is that he looked like he could have passed for someone in their late teens in Clerks II. The actor who plays him is 40 now and he looks it.

They should shoot this in black and white. But Smith hasn’t made a good movie in years. Doubt this will be any different.

They're shooting the movie within a movie in black and white according to the article. Basically Randal and Dante are making their "Clerks".

“The film is predicated on the idea that Randal survives a heart attack, a massive heart attack, quite like I did, and then winds up, you know, deciding that he’s wasted his life,” Smith tells Vanity Fair. “But before he dies he wants to memorialize himself. He wants to make a movie. So our boys essentially wind up making Clerks.

But the home movie the pair make will be in black and white, like the classic. “That allows us to reshoot so many of the key moments from Clerks in their movie. Randal’s movie is called Inconvenience,” Smith says. Smith is eager to see the internet mash up the old versions of those shots with the new ones.

Last edited:
Sounds like he really has run out of ideas, if that's indeed the case. Me personally, I'm not a fan of the meta route.

The last movie of Smith's I saw that I liked was Zack and Miri, which I had actually forgotten that he did until I looked up his filmography. Frankly, I forgot that the movie existed too but I still enjoyed it. The only films of his I've watched since then were Cop Out and Jay and Silent Bob Reboot, neither of which I thought were good. I haven't watched Red State or Tusk and I wouldn't be opposed to checking out either of them but I doubt I'll ever watch Yoga Hosers. That one just looked terrible.

I hope so too, especially since Clerks by nature is more down to earth than Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back/Reboot, random dance sequence and the donkey show scene in Clerks II aside.
Hopefully it’s more like the first Clerks movie and less like Clerks 2

They should shoot this in black and white. But Smith hasn’t made a good movie in years. Doubt this will be any different.

agreed i couldn;t even finish the silent bob reboot different time that type of humor just isnt viable now imo i mean i find it cringe that he still wears his hat backwards like really dude im saying that as a man that used to dye his beard :loco: ive embraced my age and i'm happier for it hope for trhe best but i doubt that pic of the cast wow man this does not look good at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"