Cockernee Moosic

A.J.Rimmer(BSC)

Sidekick
Reaction score
Could someone please explain to me the current trend for talentless, cockney musical 'artists' in the UK at the moment?

We started with the Streets:
Cockney wide boys who live it large and talk about things that should be relevant to early teenage chavs.
See "I Think You Are Really Fit"
- discussing the fitness and availability of some slapper.
and the apparently beautiful "Dry Your Eyes Mate."
- discussing some chump who got dumped and is crying like a *****

Lily Allen- is actually alright.

Kate Nash- Lily Allen rip-off merchant with zero talent. Produces the most irritating, overplayed songs on the radio, with the current one "Pumpkin Soup" entirely consisting of the words:
"I want your kiss boy, kiss boy, kiss boy (repeat ad infinitum)."

----

Said cockney munters simply talk in their dulcet tones, in excrutiatingly thick accents with lyrics that any chimp could write. Now I've got no problem with them exploiting a gap in the market. But what I don't believe is the credibility these gimps are getting. For some reason they are rated as top class artists. Why?

God help me why?

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH2yvdGM7YA

Enjoy :whatever:

London got some talented artists my dude. Im a black dude from DC and I use to mess with that first Streets album heavy back in the day. The Album had "Bare Jokes" to me. Weak Become Heores is hot and so was Lets Push Things Further. But that Blinding Lights track from the second album is too dope for words. its kinda Outkast did with Spottieottiedopeilcious on the Aquemini.

I like a few rock bands, singers and MCs from there like Dizee Rascaal, Sway, Amy Winehouse (music only) and Gabrielle. Is the Klaxons and Athlete from London? What about Hard-Fi? They dope

Liverpool gotta step it up though. Y'all aint been running these English streets since the Beatles. Whats really good? How you gonna let Manchester take your music title like that too?

If you like the Streets, thats fine, I didn't get their album I just know what they've released and hated it. The main gripe was Nash. IF you have a conckney accent at the moment, its a free career in pop music, WITH musical credability.

I do like Athlete and Hard Fi, and Klaxons rule, so I'm not having a dig at actual artists from London, just the ones that milk the fact that they are from London and have a dirty chimney sweep accent.

Liverpool aren't doing too badly, Zutons, The Coral (new albums great) but I don't care as long as people make good music.

yeah, Kate Nash's lyrics and accent seems to cutesy. i like "Foundations" but not much else right now. for a lot of acts, it's if you have a computer and a style that's reminiscent of something that's proven to sell.

*looks up Kate Nash*
Yikes. It's like she's too adorable for her own good.

Anyway, Lady Sovereign must die. I'm still mad at you Brits for allowing her to become remotely famous enough for her music to get carried to the US.

actually Manic she had zero fame which is why she moved out there you guys seem to lap up the ****e no one here will buy and Kate nash is in no way cockney she is one of the most middle class people I have ever seen in the charts however there is something addictive about her music I am a big fan of quirky but really the stuff like that is a complete sell out cus although people listen to it there is no life experience in there music because IMO the best music is written by the singer and based on true experiences

actually Manic she had zero fame which is why she moved out there you guys seem to lap up the ****e no one here will buy

Thats the best thing to come out of the Yank/UK partnership in years! We got rid of some chav riding the evaporating crest of chav culture! Bye bye!

and Kate nash is in no way cockney she is one of the most middle class people I have ever seen in the charts however there is something addictive about her music

Middle class does not exempt someone from being cockney. Her accent comes through WAY too strong when she talks through her songs (notice I said talks not sings).

EG:

MAUY FFINGATIPS AARE HOWDING ANTO THA CRACKS IN ARR FAANDAYTIONS!

and thats her most acceptable song.

its a stylization she is from hampshire FFS she is not cockney

FFS Yourself!

"Stylisation!"- Fine, the Saaf East style of speaking then!
Its all cockney accents anyway down there. I just don't need it ramming down my ears all day on the radio. If I want to listen to that dirty accent I'll watch the god awful Eastenders!

FFS Yourself!

"Stylisation!"- Fine, the Saaf East style of speaking then!
Its all cockney accents anyway down there. I just don't need it ramming down my ears all day on the radio. If I want to listen to that dirty accent I'll watch the god awful Eastenders!

you do know the south east is the richest part of the country and as someone who comes from oxford I havent heard anyone talk even remotely like that

You may be used to it by now. If you can't hear the overt debasing of the English tone in her accent, you must be.

I've known people as far north as Norwich, born and bred there, but with cockney accents.

Wealth has nothing to do with it.

You may be used to it by now. If you can't hear the overt debasing of the English tone in her accent, you must be.

I've known people as far north as Norwich, born and bred there, but with cockney accents.

Wealth has nothing to do with it.

lets put it this way her speaking accent is not cockney and I have not met any other Hampshire native talk in a cockney accent.

Thats nice, and thats your opinion, but from a Northerner's perspective (though I'm only speaking for myself) her 'sound' is undoubtedly a nausiating (sp) cockney one.

If she puts that on for her 'singing' then why? BTW, watched her on Buzz*****, and she sounded like a chimney sweep to me. Also watched her live and for some reason, her talking was out of tune BIG TIME, awful.

I just realised this thread is a personal rant against the sound of cockneys. Sorry to all the cockneys, they may be nice people.

Thats nice, and thats your opinion, but from a Northerner's perspective (though I'm only speaking for myself) her 'sound' is undoubtedly a nausiating (sp) cockney one.

If she puts that on for her 'singing' then why? BTW, watched her on Buzz*****, and she sounded like a chimney sweep to me. Also watched her live and for some reason, her talking was out of tune BIG TIME, awful.

I just realised this thread is a personal rant against the sound of cockneys. Sorry to all the cockneys, they may be nice people.

your notion that all people down here speak with a cockney accent is stupid though this area has more upper middle class people in the country and rough London ***** don't come into the equation at the end of the day i speak with and Hart accent *kind of annoyingly posh but still is helpful in interviews* and as for her putting on an accent have you heard joss stone lately she is from Devon but has started speaking with a detroit accent its just what singers do.

^ where are you from??

fake cockney accents are the most annoying thing I have ever heard....except for maybe actual real strong ones, but I dislike any strong accent

Anyway, Lady Sovereign must die. I'm still mad at you Brits for allowing her to become remotely famous enough for her music to get carried to the US.

She isn't really that famous in the UK. Not one of her songs has made top 20 in the UK. She had a guest rap on a Ska Pop band called Ordinary Boys that got to number. Thats about as successful as she has ever got over here.

As others have said America basically gets most of are trash artists that American record execs seem to push in the states more than are good artists. In the words of Howlin Pelle from Thie Hives "S*** has always been popular amillion flys can't be wrong".

to be fair she wrote that song and performed the orginal on her own

alright mate, some small district is there a reason I should have heard of it?

as you will see on Wikipedia its the richest district in England and one of the richest areas in the UK and it is quite well known

ah ok, never heard of it, sounds alright I live in a pretty nice area myself near london, can't stand london town itself

London got some talented artists my dude. Im a black dude from DC and I use to mess with that first Streets album heavy back in the day. The Album had "Bare Jokes" to me. Weak Become Heores is hot and so was Lets Push Things Further. But that Blinding Lights track from the second album is too dope for words. its kinda Outkast did with Spottieottiedopeilcious on the Aquemini.

I like a few rock bands, singers and MCs from there like Dizee Rascaal, Sway, Amy Winehouse (music only) and Gabrielle. Is the Klaxons and Athlete from London? What about Hard-Fi? They dope

Liverpool gotta step it up though. Y'all aint been running these English streets since the Beatles. Whats really good? How you gonna let Manchester take your music title like that too?

If you like the Streets, thats fine, I didn't get their album I just know what they've released and hated it. The main gripe was Nash. IF you have a conckney accent at the moment, its a free career in pop music, WITH musical credability.

I do like Athlete and Hard Fi, and Klaxons rule, so I'm not having a dig at actual artists from London, just the ones that milk the fact that they are from London and have a dirty chimney sweep accent.

Liverpool aren't doing too badly, Zutons, The Coral (new albums great) but I don't care as long as people make good music.

Mike Skinner (The Streets) is actully from Birmmingham. I guess he started the recent trend of singing in a regional accent. But I think Arctic Moneys probabley made it more popular. Especially with all the indie crowd.

Hard Fi are from Staines Surrey not London and none of the Klaxons are from London either. They all moved here to go Uni before forming the band.

The Wombats are probabley the most popular mainstream band from Liverpool at the moment. RiUvEn is a scouse rapper that the scallies like. Candie Payne (Sister of Zutons drummer Sean Payne) is also another good singer from Liverpool http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=armkAoBUZ-A&feature=related

Kate Nash is a mockney like Jaime Oliver
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mockney

Cockeny or Mockney accents aren't confined to London though. You can all around the country and find people who talk like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"