Colin Farrell IS The Penguin

This isn’t a criticism because the make-up is still fantastic, but now that we’ve seen it in daylight, I can kind of start to see Colin somewhere underneath. With the shots in the trailer (all at night) he genuinely looked like an entirely different person.

I'm just surprised at how much more sinister and menacing he looks in these new set pics. In the trailer he looked like such an unprepossessing runt. It could still ultimately prove true, but I might just have to rethink that initial perception.

It does make me wonder if this Penguin is gonna be a more physical threat to Batman or if he just believes he can take on Bruce Wayne no problem

It does make me wonder if this Penguin is gonna be a more physical threat to Batman or if he just believes he can take on Bruce Wayne no problem
Penguin to Bruce: “Do you know who I am? I’m Oswald Cobblepot! I made my bones when you were going out with cheerleaders!”

Penguin to Batman: *sound of pants-****ting*

He probably sees Bruce like a silly rich boy like everyone else does and doesn’t feel threatened by him at all. Probably assumes he can just push him out of the way or smack him around like Falcone and his goons in Batman Begins.

Curious to see, if this portrayal proves to be as much of a break-out as we think it will be, if that’ll elevate the character at all as far as the comics go.

I mean, yeah, Penguin is still one of the key rogues, but it’s not like he gets as much play as the Joker or Two-Face, etc.

This isn’t a criticism because the make-up is still fantastic, but now that we’ve seen it in daylight, I can kind of start to see Colin somewhere underneath. With the shots in the trailer (all at night) he genuinely looked like an entirely different person.

Same, though I'm mindful these are pap photos taken on set, so when the final product is released there will be colour correction, proper lighting and so on.

It’s the eyes that do it for me. It’s that signature squint that he does.

No matter how much makeup and prosthetics is applied to one’s face, the eyes are the only part you can’t hide or change.

I'm fine with Penguin having a down-to-earth mafioso look, but this kind of manip really hits the spot. I think if they'd made him look a little out there and flamboyant, like a Roger Stone type, it wouldn't necessarily have been at odds with the grounded look they're going for.

Even in the candids that makeup work looks incredible! And it's all done practically in-camera!

Totally blown away by what we've seen of Colin Farrell so far. Reminds me a bit of Al Capone.

I'm fine with Penguin having a down-to-earth mafioso look, but this kind of manip really hits the spot. I think if they'd made him look a little out there and flamboyant, like a Roger Stone type, it wouldn't necessarily have been at odds with the grounded look they're going for.

Yeah I agree. I hope they do add some elements like that in, but we'll see.

Nice. That shows the potential down the road if they want to evolve his look later.

Yeah, I was thinking the same. I prefer being able to see something of him underneath it all anyway, and it doesn’t make it less impressive to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"