College Student Activities Ideas?

Rock Club. A club where you collect rocks and then talk about them.

The video games like Wii is a great idea, but how expense would that be to set up.

Just pull your resources. Find some people with TVs. Find some Wii(s). Presto.

College is the best time in everyones life...all enjoy there college days.. especially there lovely memories with there friends.. here are some favorite college student activities of students.. Enjoy...:)

Can anyone think of any student activities you think community college students from the age of 18 to 40 would enjoy? I am a student and a very active member of the Student Government Association. I am try to come up with ideas that would garner a lot of students to come join. I would love to have all of your all opinions and suggestions. One of the ideas I have is to do a monthly raffle and student(s) would win prize(s) i.e. a netbook, game console or iPod.

I think the biggest problem is that you're at a community college, so most if not all, the students don't live on campus. Community college always seemed more like just another form of high school than anything else. It'll be hard to plan activities well everyone just goes to class, then goes home and doesn't live on campus.

It really depends on what the College specializes in teaching too.

For example
- engineering students might appreciate engineering challenges like "protect the egg from a 2 story drop" - each participant pays $1 to enter and the winner gets half the proceeds, the other half goes to a college "year end" party fund.

If your college has a lot of students into physical activity, then by all means schedule rock climbing or zip line excursions.

If your college is located somewhere that gets a lot of snow in winter, schedule skiing days or nights (night skiing can be fun).

Put out a suggestion box and see what kinds of suggestions you get from your fellow students.

Can anyone think of any student activities you think community college students from the age of 18 to 40 would enjoy? I am a student and a very active member of the Student Government Association. I am try to come up with ideas that would garner a lot of students to come join. I would love to have all of your all opinions and suggestions. One of the ideas I have is to do a monthly raffle and student(s) would win prize(s) i.e. a netbook, game console or iPod.

Let's see. The schedule during my years of undergrad was as follows;

Wake up 2pm.
"Defrost" and check various websites. Espn/hype/wwe/cnn/fark/etc.
eat at the dining hall 4:30pm.
return home and watch sportscenter 6-7pm.
MAYBE attend a single class or not go.
Go to the gym for weights and basketball 9pm.
Start drinking 11:30pm.
After hours of reckless and indecent behavior, sleep around 4am.

Repeat.

During law school I went to more classes, but only because professors would take attendance. Half the time I'd have someone else sign in for me, half the time I'd be on another planet on my laptop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"