Batman Begins Color Corrected Bluray for Batman Begins??

The color tone for both BB and TDK/TDKR is very different. BB had a brownish hue to the film.....

Like what they did to the Matrix, do you think Nolan will rerelease BB on bluray with the same color tone as the sequals.......... I really want all the movies to look similar because I really like the color tone on the sequals.

No, because it would be the same to ask if they could release them with different voices, or different music or sound. If the color tones were different, it's because they were intended to be that way and the viewer can either take it or leave it as is.

With a name like DIRECTOR you'd think he would know this :)

The films look dissimilar on purpose. The same reason Gotham in BB looks slightly futuristic and almost comic booky in its overt grunge and grime, whereas TDK's Gotham looked like a regular metropolis.

And the Matrix was most likely modified because that's how it was intended to look but they didn't have the means to do it.

Who's to say that TDKR doesn't have a different tone too. All I know is I can't wait to have all three in a bluray box set. And hopefully TDK will have more extras than the first release.

Who's to say that TDKR doesn't have a different tone too. All I know is I can't wait to have all three in a bluray box set. And hopefully TDK will have more extras than the first release.

Amen to that!

Colors in any film are used to set tone and can vary from scene to scene. To that end, BB and TDK vary greatly. The brown/rust look seems to be on par with the general tone of the film, a past/nostalgic quality. I would deduce due to the story being that of his origin. There are still many scenes that have a more washed out look, like when Bruce is in the Chinese prison or being trained by Ducard.

TDK takes a tonal shift to that of a crime drama. The blues are accented and the image has a higher contrast.

TDKR is much bleaker and as such seems to have a washed out look. Again, the contrast is much higher with more prevalence to crushing colors and shadows.

The interiors to all three movies share the same color grading. I for one am a fan of the colorist work done in these films. Too many movies in hollywood these days simply find the orange/blue extremes for every scene and call it a day.

Color to set tone is one of the more subtle skills that have made these movies "game changers"

I don't think they'll change it from the brown (or orange, as I usually referred to it as, but yes, brown makes sense, too) hue/filter that is going on there. That'd be like making Rises not have that washed-out/blue hue/filter going on. They did it on purpose. THey aren't going to alter say, Rises washed-out/blue hue/filter, so they aren't going to get rid of the orange/brown thing going on in Begins.

EDIT: Man, way to necro an old thread, haha.

The color tone for both BB and TDK/TDKR is very different. BB had a brownish hue to the film.....

Like what they did to the Matrix, do you think Nolan will rerelease BB on bluray with the same color tone as the sequals.......... I really want all the movies to look similar because I really like the color tone on the sequals.

Hope not. Love the way Begins looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"