The Dark Knight Rises Uncanny Plot Similarities between The Dark Knight Rises & Batman Begins (SPOILERS)

I'm not sure I can classify this as plot similarities but in Begins, Thomas Wayne tells Bruce about better men running the company, then Bruce asks 'better?'

In Rises, Fox tells Bruce that it would take a better mind to fix the autopilot. Bruce asks 'better?'

It's small, but I actually thought it was pretty neat.

That....freakin'...ruled. In that two Batcave shots it was as if the bats from one screen were flying into the other. Amazing.

Very cool video - the kind of thing I like to see.

Over 70 visual throwbacks in TDKR. Enjoy!!!

[YT]TKdjsu4-704[/YT]

Really nice
icon14.gif

There are few parallels that wasn't included in the video. But overall, it's a nice looking compilation. :up:

A beautiful video. A few of those I never thought twice about like Ra's and Bane looking down on Bruce.

Dragon, what were some things missing? I'm curious.

[YT]TKdjsu4-704[/YT]

The clips showing Bruce and Blake simultaneously were incredible. The way Blake had the same reaction to the batcave as Bruce.... Remarkable. Didn't pick up on that before.

[YT]TKdjsu4-704[/YT]
That video reminded me just how iconic some of those BB images are. Anybody remember this image?

batmanbegins95ijyfftfct1280x1024.jpg

Probably one of my favorite Batman images ever.

Ra's says in BB that (paraphrasing) if someone stands in the way of justice, you stab them in the heart, and Talia stabs Batman in the heart

If she had stabbed him in theheart, he would have died. She stabbed him in the abdominal area.

Wow. Nolanites are something else in how condescending they are.

Please. My defense of a very simple and obvious storytelling trait that's been used for centuries makes me a Nolanite? Considering I hardly ever even post on the Bat-boards, calling me a Nolanite is a complete invention on your part, supported by no evidence whatsoever.

And condescending? Sure. If someone doesn't understand something as simple as a motif, and goes as far as to post something inane as "yawn" in rebuttal, then I don't really care. He might as well be covering his ears and telling me he can't hear me, because he can't even argue his baseless assumptions.

Please. My defense of a very simple and obvious storytelling trait that's been used for centuries makes me a Nolanite? Considering I hardly ever even post on the Bat-boards, calling me a Nolanite is a complete invention on your part, supported by no evidence whatsoever.

It's the manner of your defence that speaks volumes. Your time on spent on these boards is irrelevant, the tone of your reply is what says it all.

And condescending? Sure. If someone doesn't understand something as simple as a motif, and goes as far as to post something inane as "yawn" in rebuttal, then I don't really care. He might as well be covering his ears and telling me he can't hear me, because he can't even argue his baseless assumptions.

So you admit to being condescending, glad we got that cleared up.
The fact that you have replied in such a fired up way suggests that you do actually care.

It's the manner of your defence that speaks volumes. Your time on spent on these boards is irrelevant, the tone of your reply is what says it all.

How do you know I even like any of Nolan's movies, let alone this one? I could hate it. All I did was defend the idea that using recurring visuals and ideas in film is not only not lazy, but a very simple and basic way to communicate a theme, which is not a defense of the movie in some rabid "Nolanite" fashion. It's not a "Nolanite" reaction to say I understood the very basic way Nolan presented his story.

"The tone of my reply"? Calling me a Nolanite suggests I am some rabid fan that worships Nolan as a god. Your base your assumption entirely on my tone, when really you just mean I come off as an ass, which has nothing to do with Nolan fandom. Call me what you mean, don't make a word mean something else.

So you admit to being condescending, glad we got that cleared up.
The fact that you have replied in such a fired up way suggests that you do actually care.

You misunderstood what I said. I said "I do not care" that I came off as condescending, because there was no other way to respond to such an inane and thoughtless response like "yawn", that suggested one did either not understand a basic concept, or was too juvenile to defend or even make a point in defense.
Fired up? Does that mean I can construct a defense weightier than "yawn"? Good.

Another subtle parallel that I found intersting, showing the fall of Bruce wayne

In BB :

A healthy Bruce shows up at the restaurant with 2 women - and goes home with them too.
The valet tells him : " nice car ", which Bruce replies to : " you should see my other one "
Bruce gives a generous tip

In TDKR :

Bruce shows up alone at the party thrwon by Tatelia, with a cane.

When leaving, he tells the valet he must have lost his ticket, and learns that Selina took off with the car

As Alfred picks him up, he tells him : " just you, Sir ? "

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"