The Dark Knight Rises Uncanny Plot Similarities between The Dark Knight Rises & Batman Begins (SPOILERS)

Something that stands out to me but may be overanalysis:

When Bruce is confronting his fear (climbing out of the pit, going through Ra's hallucination training) in both movies, a bunch of bats fly in his face and he has to keep cool to endure the test.

I've always known about several moments in The Dark Knight reflecting Begins as well, but I'm not sure if this is the place for that.

One more thing: The bit where Catwoman seems uneasy about being in The Bat with Batman and we see a side-shot of Batman's face looking silent and mysterious as he drives, with the music cue... HEAVILY reminded me of Batman '89, when Vicki is in the Batmobile.

Last edited:
Something that stands out to me but may be overanalysis:

When Bruce is confronting his fear (climbing out of the pit, going through Ra's hallucination training) in both movies, a bunch of bats fly in his face and he has to keep cool to endure the test.

That's a good call, I hadn't thought of that one. I was more focused on how the bats originally appeared at the bottom of the well which is where he originally "found fear", and now at the top of the pit "fear finds him again". I love that because it kind of makes the bats like his guardian angels in a sense,; they help him on his journey to master fear. But I like your way of looking at it too, because in both cases he is definitely facing a trial.

That's a good call, I hadn't thought of that one. I was more focused on how the bats originally appeared at the bottom of the well which is where he originally "found fear", and now at the top of the pit "fear finds him again". I love that because it kind of makes the bats like his guardian angels in a sense,; they help him on his journey to master fear. But I like your way of looking at it too, because in both cases he is definitely facing a trial.

A trial set before him by the League in both cases too. :up:

I think both perspectives are accurate. The pit seems like it was meant to reflect all of the fear and hardship Bruce went through before, as well as his original determination and rage.

And of course his father's lesson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"