Colossus in X3 Ratner or Singer

O

OmegaRed23

I just finished watching X2. In X2, Colossus had tons of more lines and character development than in X3. IF Bryan Singer directed would he used more of Daniel Cudmore potential? In my opinion, he would have. Colossus was so much deeper in X2. I believe Cudmore could pull his weight in a movie if he was given a chance, he was so believable in X2, even if he didn't have a russian accent.

I think Ratner didn't want to test or even help Cudmore try acting. One example, when he tossed Wolverine in the danger room, Wolverine said "Nice throw Colossus." Colossus didn't even respond back in thanks. That kinda pissed me off.

Their excuse that they didn't have Colossus more, was the budget. As for me that is a cop out. Any computer imaging college could make Colossus armor cheaply and rather quick. It doesn't take as much money as they says it does. By the way, did X3 use another CGI company than X2

Everybody but Beast and Colossus had their own individual battles in the major conflict.

Wolverine vs. Phoenix

Storm vs. Callisto

Shadowcat vs. Juggernaunt :eek: What about the clash of the Titans?

Iceman vs. Pyro

Where's Colossus battle?

Please, don't get me wrong, I loved the X3, but we could have had more Colossus development. Even though we know he is a X-man now.

P.S. O' by the way "Hi everbody in the SHH" :)

Colossus had about two lines in X-Men 2.

I liked his effects better in X2 but that he had a bigger role in X-Men 3 overall.

"I can help you."

I think Colossus was just a tease in both films.

In X2:

He had a glorified cameo. The camera was focused on him alone, he punched two soldiers, saved the school, gave a line, and brought the kids back.

In X3: He was simply Wolverine's throwing bich. :( Since when does Colossus had behind cars? He could have made his move then! :( :mad:

*cries*

Plus his FX in X2 were way better than X3.

"This way"

"I can help you"

and he is talking while he is guiding the children down the tunnels to safety.

Is Colossus a very popular X-men? I only watched the cartoons so I don't know how big of fanbase he has.

What tons more lines and character development are you talking about?:confused:

What the hell you guys?

Where are you getting this whole 'Colossus was in X3' thing?

Yeah Ratner kind of screwed Colossus. It felt like Colossus had twice the screen time in X2 but he really had more screen time in X3.

Electrix said:
Colossus had about two lines in X-Men 2.

I liked his effects better in X2 but that he had a bigger role in X-Men 3 overall.
WTF?! Colosuss' role was not enhanced AT ALL in X3. Forget a budget that doesn't mean he can't have more to say. No money determines that.

In X2: When he said "This way" it's obvious that he's a leader and is their to aid the children when an adult isn't around. And when he metaled up it was WAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY better than in X3 even though he did it more in x3. When he did it in X2 it showed that he was bad and that nothing can stop him (note: the music that came on as he entered the room to save Siryn). And when he said "I can help", that showed that he wanted to do more to help rather than just aid the kids. That also showed that he COULDV'E did more as well. And in my opinion if it wasn't for the end of X2, he had a larger role than Storm!

In X3: The ONLY thing he saiod in X3 was 4 words, and that was "Yeah, she took off". He had no motion in his face or anything. He was like..like a armored statue....:) . And he only armored up twice in X3..TWICE! Once to throw Wolverine at the sentinel and second, at Alcatraz (he was still armored up when he threw Wolverine again). And then when they were and the X-jet and were showing the look on Kitty, Colosuss, and Bobby's face. Kitty was looking afraid like she was gonna die or something, Bobby was looking uncertaint because he didn't know if Rogue took the cure or not, and Colosuss had no look on his face what so ever. And if he did, it's sure hard to tell seeing as how he didn't say anything that gave us a hint. They should have substituded Jubilee or Siryn if they were gonna just waste Colosuss' character like that.

OmegaRed23...you have to be kidding me. Colossus did not have more time, lines, or development in X2 than X3. He only talked during the mansion raid and that was two lines...one to Wolverine and one to the children. He had one scene metalled up and we didn't even get to see him fight. He drew a picture of Rogue and Bobby and smiled. That is it. He had more time in X3 easily. I wish he had X2's look with X3's time. Although both directors, Ratner and Singer really ingored him. So, you really cannot choose.

OmegaRed23 said:
I just finished watching X2. In X2, Colossus had tons of more lines and character development than in X3. IF Bryan Singer directed would he used more of Daniel Cudmore potential? In my opinion, he would have. Colossus was so much deeper in X2. I believe Cudmore could pull his weight in a movie if he was given a chance, he was so believable in X2, even if he didn't have a russian accent.

I think Ratner didn't want to test or even help Cudmore try acting. One example, when he tossed Wolverine in the danger room, Wolverine said "Nice throw Colossus." Colossus didn't even respond back in thanks. That kinda pissed me off.

Their excuse that they didn't have Colossus more, was the budget. As for me that is a cop out. Any computer imaging college could make Colossus armor cheaply and rather quick. It doesn't take as much money as they says it does. By the way, did X3 use another CGI company than X2

Everybody but Beast and Colossus had their own individual battles in the major conflict.

Wolverine vs. Phoenix

Storm vs. Callisto

Iceman vs. Pyro

Where's Colossus battle?

Please, don't get me wrong, I loved the X3, but we could have had more Colossus development. Even though we know he is a X-man now.

colossus wud have been proly the same role in singers x3 as ratners x3.

chaseter said:
OmegaRed23...you have to be kidding me. Colossus did not have more time, lines, or development in X2 than X3. He only talked during the mansion raid and that was two lines...one to Wolverine and one to the children. He had one scene metalled up and we didn't even get to see him fight. He drew a picture of Rogue and Bobby and smiled. That is it. He had more time in X3 easily. I wish he had X2's look with X3's time. Although both directors, Ratner and Singer really ingored him. So, you really cannot choose.

Actually Colossus did have more lines in X2 (which is sad in a way) . . . nobody is saying he has a significant amount of lines compared to those of the rest of the cast, but compared to his role in X3, he easily did.

1. I can help you.
2. This way.
3. Here. Here. Take her.
4. Come on, get in. Let's go. Let's go. Come on.
5. I can help you.
6. Come on. Everybody, follow me up here.

vs.

His one line in X3, which was something along the lines of "Yeah, she took off."

One could argue he even had more development . . . his artistic ability, a sense of humor via his drawings, concern for the helpless, he's brave enough to tackle issues on his own without help when going to get Siryn, takes orders but at the same time is a leader when he needs to be, he's a team player, etc.

It all depends on how you view the two roles, and which appealed to you more, I guess.

Electrix said:

Yep, that sums it up for me. He had more screentime, but no development apart from us seeing two fastball specials.

More characterisation is needed!

chaseter said:

But in X3 he was in the movie more than X2, but he was an emotionless. He actually had character in X2, as what you said. He was painting, showing that he was creative and funny. He went to save a little girl and beat up two soldiers, showing us he was caring and powerful ( he just could have run). He told Wolverine that he could help, showing us the ability to do more, but when Wolverine said help the Kids. he was obedient, leading the kids to safety, shows us that he is a leader too.

X3 he was just along for the ride, acting like a emotionless Vulcan on Star Trek. Not the Colossus we saw in X2 IMO

BMM said:
Actually Colossus did have more lines in X2 (which is sad in a way) . . . nobody is saying he has a significant amount of lines compared to those of the rest of the cast, but compared to his role in X3, he easily did.

1. I can help you.
2. This way.
3. Here. Here. Take her.
5. I can help you.

vs.

His one line in X3, which was something along the lines of "Yeah, she took off."

One could argue he even had more development . . . his artistic ability, a sense of humor via his drawings, concern for the helpless, he's brave enough to tackle issues on his own without help when going to get Siryn, takes orders but at the same time is a leader when he needs to be, he's a team player, etc.

It all depends on how you view the two roles, and which appealed to you more, I guess.

That's a fair assessment. Sadly, he didn't get much in X3 aside from two fastball specials and carrying a TV set (to the room they had given to Angel, i imagined). But zero characterisation in X3.

Next time i hope we learn a bit more about him.

X-Maniac said:
That's a fair assessment. Sadly, he didn't get much in X3 aside from two fastball specials and carrying a TV set (to the room they had given to Angel, i imagined). But zero characterisation in X3.

Next time i hope we learn a bit more about him.

We also had the quick shot of him comforting the kid during Storm's voiceover eulogy.

But yes, we need more of Colossus. Alot more.

BMM said:

1. I can help you.
2. This way.
3. Here. Here. Take her.
5. I can help you.

vs.

I guess you like X2 Colossus better? I don't like either one and wish it was a combination of both. You are just weighting X2's role more and not thinking about X3's role. X3 showed us he is a fighter and will follow his team into battle no matter what the odds are. He is strong and can take on multiple enemies...a lot more than two guys with sleeping darts. He is stern yet funny at the same time. He won a large tv somehow and was pround of his victory. He follows orders from his superiors in battle which makes him an even better soldier. He fights when told and takes cover when told as well. He is fearless and compassionate. He atteneded Xavier's funeral and was saddened that his mentor and father figure had passed. I can make a lot of bs up too but it is exactly how you said "It all depends on how you view the two roles." And all of those lines you used earlier where sentences you broke down...he still only had two speaking points in X2.

OmegaRed23 said:

Wolverine vs. Phoenix

Storm vs. Callisto

Iceman vs. Pyro

Where's Colossus battle?

He did have an individual battle. He fought Tom Rothman for screentime and character depth. Guess he lost...

spider_man_2 said:
He did have an individual battle. He fought Tom Rothman for screentime and character depth. Guess he lost...

LOL thanks for the laugh :)

He might have had more lines and more scenes in X-3, but his role had more impact and more substance in his 2 minutes in X-2.

I can't remember one thing he did in X-3 and I saw it last week. I haven't seen X-2 in a year or so and I remember his cameo much more vivid.

OmegaRed23 said:
LOL thanks for the laugh :)

Well, Rothman is pretty powerful... The guy did fold back time and rewrite reality to make Wolverine a key figure in stuff he never did in the world according to sane fans, lol. Compared to him, Scarlet Witch is a wimp and House of M was just a parlor trick. I actually remember Colossus' scene holding the TV, but what's that compared to the darkened bedroom transformation in X2?

chaseter said:
I guess you like X2 Colossus better? I don't like either one and wish it was a combination of both. You are just weighting X2's role more and not thinking about X3's role. X3 showed us he is a fighter and will follow his team into battle no matter what the odds are. He is strong and can take on multiple enemies...a lot more than two guys with sleeping darts. He is stern yet funny at the same time. He won a large tv somehow and was pround of his victory. He follows orders from his superiors in battle which makes him an even better soldier. He fights when told and takes cover when told as well. He is fearless and compassionate. He atteneded Xavier's funeral and was saddened that his mentor and father figure had passed. I can make a lot of bs up too but it is exactly how you said "It all depends on how you view the two roles." And all of those lines you used earlier where sentences you broke down...he still only had two speaking points in X2.

Wow. Someone telling me I'm weighting the two unfairly and yet you're the one to make the prior ridiculous assertion that Colossus had more lines in X3 than in X2 . . . which is clearly not the case, if you would actually watch the movie.

You said the character featured more character development in X3, when in actuality the majority of points you've highlighted were ones I already noted from the previous movie . . . not much progress . . . Unlike you, I was actually making a legitmate argument and not simply making "bs up" . . . Please . . . case in point, he won a large tv and was proud of his victory :rolleyes:

Also, all of those lines I "broke down" were all from separate instances and scenes in the movie and hardly from the same sentence. Unlike you, I actually watched the clip to get a sense of what I was talking about before attacking other members on this forum. I hardly even need to back this up because simply watching the movie will show that you're flat out wrong.

If you would actually make it a legitimate point to know what you are talking about beforehand, you would see that those lines are from separate scenes and are quite more than simply being from the same sentence.

BMM said:
Wow. Someone telling me I'm weighting the two unfairly and yet you're the one to make the prior ridiculous assertion that Colossus had more lines in X3 than in X2 . . . which is clearly not the case, if you would actually watch the movie.

You said the character featured more character development in X3, when in actuality the majority of points you've highlighted were ones I already noted from the previous movie . . . not much progress . . . Unlike you, I was actually making a legitmate argument and not simply making "bs up" . . . Please . . . case in point, he won a large tv and was proud of his victory :rolleyes:

Also, all of those lines I "broke down" were all from separate instances and scenes in the movie and hardly from the same sentence. Unlike you, I actually watched the clip to get a sense of what I was talking about before attacking other members on this forum.

If you would actually make it a legitimate point to know what you are talking about beforehand, you would see that those lines are from separate scenes and are quite more than simply being from the same sentence.
HAHA...no if you read further I say "See, I can make bs up too." I was just exagerating scenes from X3 like a lot of people are doing for X2. I don't like either Colossus and have already said I wish X2's and X3's had been combined into one. And I am not attacking you in any way. And those lines yet again were from the same act and the same scene. He had two speaking points in X2 with a couple of sentences in each...all in all it was about 15 seconds of screen time. So do not get mad at me and read all of a members post and do not pick and choose certain lines in that post without taking all of it into context. Had you...my post would have been totally different to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"