Colossus in X3 Ratner or Singer

As a Colossus fan I say his role was more memorable in X2, despite the increased time on screen in X3. I just didnt leave theh theater thinking woah Colossus looked awesome! Like I did for X2

Crimson Warrior said:
As a Colossus fan I say his role was more memorable in X2, despite the increased time on screen in X3. I just didnt leave theh theater thinking woah Colossus looked awesome! Like I did for X2
I totally agree. It was the first time we got to see him on the big screen. For X3...we were all hoping for one battle that Colossus would get...a Juggs battle. I think that if we had gotten that...we would be loved his role in X3 more. However, back to my original statment that we really cannot blame Ratner or Singer since they both misused him. Singer showed his artistic side yet didn't give him a Russian accent. Ratner carried over that Americanish Peter and gave him a little more time but no great fight scenes. In X2...Colossus should have helped Wolverine in the mansion fight off the soldiers. In X3, we should of gotten a Colossus vs Juggs battle.

If Singer had used Colossus right, we could've gotten the Fastball Special right in X2, if he had gone back to help Wolverine.

chaseter said:
I totally agree. It was the first time we got to see him on the big screen. For X3...we were all hoping for one battle that Colossus would get...a Juggs battle. I think that if we had gotten that...we would be loved his role in X3 more. However, back to my original statment that we really cannot blame Ratner or Singer since they both misused him. Singer showed his artistic side yet didn't give him a Russian accent. Ratner carried over that Americanish Peter and gave him a little more time but no great fight scenes. In X2...Colossus should have helped Wolverine in the mansion fight off the soldiers. In X3, we should of gotten a Colossus vs Juggs battle.

I Dont really mind not having the Russian accent, because in most incarnations it sounds sterotypical. He doesnt have to speak like Zangief from Street fighter in order to be Russian. I believe Singer used Colossus as well as he could given X2's storyline, I can not agrue about how he would have use him in X3 because well he didnt direct it. However I do believe that he would have used him more.

chaseter said:
HAHA...no if you read further I say "See, I can make bs up too." I was just exagerating scenes from X3 like a lot of people are doing for X2. I don't like either Colossus and have already said I wish X2's and X3's had been combined into one. And I am not attacking you in any way. And those lines yet again were from the same act and the same scene. He had two speaking points in X2 with a couple of sentences in each...all in all it was about 15 seconds of screen time. So do not get mad at me and read all of a members post and do not pick and choose certain lines in that post without taking all of it into context. Had you...my post would have been totally different to you.

Yes, I read your post, and I understand it perfectly well regarding your points about "bs'ing." While you may have meant it for people in general exaggerating Colossus' role in X2, you chose to quote my post out of all of them, at which point, I was actually attempting to make a legitimate and fair assessment of the characteristics one could glean from Colossus' cameo in X2 . . . and it seems to be pretty reasonable and hardly just b.s., as other members of the Hype noted it as being a fair assessment.

So what if they're in the same scene. You don't simply get to discount character lines because they're in the same scene or act--that's typically how movies work. Of course they're going to be in the same act, scene, or speaking point as you put it . . . and Colossus' lines aren't simply in the same ongoing cut. They cut away to other completely separate character moments in between Colossus' scenes and lines. Regardless, it doesn't matter if he had 5 completely separate lines in the third act or 500 hundred completely separate lines . . . he still has a number of completely separate lines . . . all of which amount to more than he had in X3. There is simply no getting around this fact--it's in the movie.

Crimson Warrior said:
I Dont really mind not having the Russian accent, because in most incarnations it sounds sterotypical. He doesnt have to speak like Zangief from Street fighter in order to be Russian. I believe Singer used Colossus as well as he could given X2's storyline, I can not agrue about how he would have use him in X3 because well he didnt direct it. However I do believe that he would have used him more.
I don't think it would have changed the story line at all had Colossus helped Wolverine defend the mansion. When he asked if he could help...Wolverine could of said "Yea...looks like were outnumbered here." He could have beat down some soldiers at one side of the hallway while Wolverine goes on his rampage down the other hall. Wolverine and Colossus stand together as Stryker enters. Wolverine says "I can take it from here...go help the kids." Voila...30 more seconds of Colossus owning time.

BMM said:
Yes, I read your post, and I understand it perfectly well regarding your points about "bs'ing." While you may have meant it for people in general exaggerating Colossus' role in X2, you chose to quote my post out of all of them, at which point, I was actually attempting to make a legitimate and fair assessment of the characteristics one could glean from Colossus' cameo in X2 . . . and it seems to be pretty reasonable and hardly just b.s., as other members of the Hype noted it as being a fair assessment.

So what if they're in the same scene. You don't simply get to discount character lines because they're in the same scene or act--that's typically how movies work. Of course they're going to be in the same act, scene, or speaking point as you put it . . . and Colossus' lines aren't simply in the same ongoing cut. They cut away to other completely separate character moments in between Colossus' scenes. Regardless, it doesn't matter if he had 5 completely separate lines in the third act or 500 hundred completely separate lines . . . he still has a number of completely separate lines . . . all of which amount to more than he had in X3. There is simply no getting around this fact--it's in the movie.
Sorry I had to choose yours...guess you are just lucky. What are you continuing to argue for...I am not arguing??? I said in 4 posts already that I wish it had X2's substance with X3's fights. I only went on my lucrative bs fest for X3 becuase a lot of people in here were over analyzing X2's scenes and making it sound like Colossus' role in X2 was far far superior than X3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"