Days of Future Past X-Men's Man of Steel - The Daniel Cudmore/Colossus Thread

Holy shhhhhhhhhhh I retweeted Daniel earlier today, sent him a picture I made of Colossus and Kitty (my avatar pic) and he replied!! Squealing like a little girl. I'm going to screenshot/print/frame it on my wall. Colossus knows I exist :-)

So jealous about that tweet! Well, I'd go crazy if he replied to my tweet or just "favorited" my tweet. Haha.

I'd love to see him in another X-Men soon. FOX MAKE IT HAPPEN.

A nice touch in the Moscow scene would have been having him yell something in Russian when the Sentinels infriltrate the underground hideout.Makes you wonder if they were all there because of Piotr?

The Daily Quirk did an interview with Cudmore (back in May!)and in it he talks about what he'd like to see if they make another film with Colossus. It seems he's been reading some comics. Oh and the rest of the interview is a good read:up:

From The Daily Quirk:
daniel-cudmore-headshot.jpg

Daniel Cudmore (Image Credit: Amanda Peixoto-Elkins)

TDQ: It’s also a very large world, so I know there are a lot of storylines from the Marvel comic books that haven’t yet been in the films. Is there any storyline from the comic books that you’d like to see on the big screen? The Kitty-Colossus love story, perhaps? Do you think that could ever happen?

DC: I don’t know. It’s hard to say. It would be a lot of fun. I love Ellen Page. She’s such a blast to work with. I like Colossus: Bloodline where Colossus goes really dark, meets his brother and all along those storylines. At the end of the day, as an actor, I would love to see this character grow and I would selfishly love to do as much as I can. Like you said, there are so many different storylines that you can go down and it really is up to the powers at be to write what they want. If they want to expand this character, I would just be knocking at the door to do it again. We’ll see. Which storyline do you go down? That’s the big million-dollar question.
More:http://thedailyquirk.com/2014/05/23/interview-x-men-days-of-future-past-daniel-cudmore/

poor Daniel knows the creative team wont expand his role, but what would he answer?

Am not personally sure about his acting tbh and given little he has had to do in X3 and DOFP I don't think the creative team do either

There is a scene I find very awkward in DOFP and its when xavier is explaining the events and collosus just butts in randomly and says "mystique", I dunno if it was the delivery but it's odd

Am not personally sure about his acting tbh and given little he has had to do in X3 and DOFP I don't think the creative team do either

There is a scene I find very awkward in DOFP and its when xavier is explaining the events and collosus just butts in randomly and says "mystique", I dunno if it was the delivery but it's odd

I thought that too! I LOVED the film, but some of the dialogue at the start was a little exposition-heavy, but it is understandable given the complex plot, but I felt some of it could have been done in a more casual way such as Colossus saying ‘Mystique’ was a little random.

It did feel a little awkward because you would expect another character to say 'Mystique' instead of Colossus.

I got a sense of that when they sat down for the briefing, as Shadowcat explained to Professor X how they've been escaping the Sentinels. There was something awkward there.

I think Colossus was cool in the film, memorable but i don't think people know his name. My cousin refered to him as "the metal guy".
But he definitely had a bigger role then ever before. He was in the first battle in Moscow, temple scenes and the new future. Wish he got to tear up Sentinels more instead of the other way around :(

I think Colossus was cool in the film, memorable but i don't think people know his name. My cousin refered to him as "the metal guy".
But he definitely had a bigger role then ever before. He was in the first battle in Moscow, temple scenes and the new future. Wish he got to tear up Sentinels more instead of the other way around :(

Not only Colossus, but the whole future team in general. :(

How much did Daniel Cudmore weigh in DOFP, because he looked jacked.

According to him he didnt gain much since he was told to appear in the film pretty late. His body looked bigger in X2 and X3 compare to his body in X4.

As much as I love Henry Cavill in the role, I still think Daniel Cudmore would have made a good Kal-El / Clark Kent / Superman.

Last edited:
So I'm the only one who thinks Daniel Cudmore would have made a good Clark Kent / Superman?

Yes. Considering Cudmore doesn't have the acting skill to headline such a major role.

Aside from the acting, he'd have been too tall for a believable Clark Kent, aside from him pulling some ridiculous slouching at all times.

Just watched X2 again, and he has at least 5 lines there.
In DOFP he says only: 'Mystique', if I remember good.
Definitely isn't worse actor than Andre Tricoteux.

Hey guys
I just made a video about Jean Grey , I love her so much , so I hope you guys can watch and give me what you think
Thank you
Here is the video
https://youtu.be/RyD20EhzVH4
This is my first time making video so if I make any mistake please forgive me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"