Comedy Central Resurrects Futurama

ProductionMusic

Civilian
Reaction score
Comedy Central has resurrected the former Fox series Futurama, ordering 13 episodes to debut in 2008. The deal builds upon the cable channel's acquisition of the 72-episode library last fall.

Discussions about a revival of the half-hour began in earnest earlier this year between Futurama producer 20th Century Fox Television and series creators Matt Groening and David X. Cohen.

Actors Billy West, Katey Sagal and John DiMaggio are onboard for the new episodes that will continue the story of the pizza delivery boy, accidentally frozen for 1,000 years, who wakes up in the future.

Futurama has traveled a course similar to that of animated series Family Guy, which also was cancelled and later brought back after DVD releases and off-network repeats grew a new fanbase.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=15106

This is truely great news.

I saw this on slashdot. Katey Sagal confirmed it on Craig Furgison's show. I am so stoked!

Rather see it on CN but hey its back I can deal with it.

This is Fantastic news .It's a long time till 2008 though.

I didn't beleive it at first. but when i herd the news i was stoked.!!

Sweeeeeet! Are the 13 eps going to be comprised of the supposed DVD movies, or are the movies being done separately?

The movies are still supposed to be separate, coming out next year. At least, that's the word right now.

I love pretty much everything Matt Groening has ever done, so I am really excited about this.

MatchesMalone said:
The movies are still supposed to be separate, coming out next year. At least, that's the word right now.

Four movies, right? At 80+ minutes each, they'd be split into 3 episodes for tv. That's 12 more episodes giving us a full 25 episode new season!

Finally! Shame it's on comedy central:o but it's back!

Hmmm, I don´t get Comedy Central in my country, wonder if Cable Fox will get it...

****! I hate Comedy Central. So many damn commercials.

They could catch Osama bin Laden tomorrow, and this would still be the best news of the year, IMO.

I suspect the Hypno-toad's hand in this, however.

CANNOT...WAIT....FOR...THIS!!!!! though i live in canada (i'm sure some station will pick it up)..and dont' have cable..but i may be able to change that by 2008.

Excellent.

Most excellent.

I am overcome with exuberance.

:up:

im really glad it's back. it deserves to be back moreso than family guy.

I just hope that they havent lost their edge. I remember being extatic when they brought Family Guy back and two new episodes later, it was incredibly obvious how bad the show had become between that gap.

They need to get the same writing crew back. It will be difficult to do, because many of them have moved on. The simple fact is, however, that everybody involved in this show seems to have jumped at the chance to reunite, and they all seem to know that the show was/is something special.

I trust Matt Groening and Cohen way more than I trust Seth McFarlane, too. :)

Good news, everyone!

I think this is better than the simpsons by far. I just hope it doesn't emulate it by having some fantastic years then descending into a crap fest that lives on the ghost of it's good name.

Bender = best. character. ever.

My favourite episode? The superhero episode!

'Super king, the best one of the three!'

'super king has no need for loved ones!'

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulsantiagoolg
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"