Transformers Complaints about the Prime vs Megatron fight

AVEITWITHJAMON

Badass Cloud
Reaction score
There have been a lot of complaints from fans about Megatron basically kicking Prime's ass in thier fight during the final battle, and i have made a lot myself, but after reading the comic "The Greatest Battle's of Optimus Prime and Megatron" i am starting to think differently. There are about 8 or 9 Prime vs Megatron battle's in this comic, and Megatron wins every time, the majority of the time he wins quite easily and kicks Prime's ass all over the place.

So IMO the movie got the fight about right, and there are some scene's in the background were Prime gets a few hits on Megatron, so he wasnt as owned as people think. But after reading that particular comic, i think the Prime vs Megatron fight was pretty accurate to the comics.

I think most of the complaints are not so much about Megs kicking Primes arse, but rather we hardly saw any of the fight.

^I think we saw enough, would i have liked to see more? Of course, but considering the budget, etc, i'm surprised we got what we did.

Prime getting owned throughout the fight.

^But that pretty much matches up with every time they fight in the comics, the TPB i mention in the first post, Megatron owns Prime is practically every fight they have in there.

But that's not true to there stats. They are suppose to be evenly matched in strength.

Well one didnt seem stronger than the other at any point, Megatron was just more ruthless, but he never overpowered Optimus physically. And if they are evenly matched, the comics very rarely show it.

It's not that I don't accept the ass whooping Megs handed out, but rather the non-existant fight back Prime gave and the short amount of time it gave us of the fight. All we saw of it was Prime holding on to him while flying through the buildings and then tripping over each other with some trash talk with them out of view.

It's not that I don't accept the ass whooping Megs handed out, but rather the non-existant fight back Prime gave and the short amount of time it gave us of the fight. All we saw of it was Prime holding on to him while flying through the buildings and then tripping over each other with some trash talk with them out of view.

I know what you mean about the length of the fight, but budget got in the way unfortunately. And if you keep looking in the background when the humans take out Blackout, Prime actually gets a good few hits on Megatron. It was a shame we never saw them up close, but seeing them in the background was better than nothing.

And Meg's getting the better of the fight is true to the graphic novel 'The Great Battle's Of Optimus Prime and Megatron.'

I agree with the points laid out here. Megatron may be stronger than Optimus, but by that same token he isn't a rag doll in a one-on-one fight between the two. Budget was an issue, but Bay should've shown Optimus get a few more good hits on Megatron than he did.

I agree with the points laid out here. Megatron may be stronger than Optimus, but by that same token he isn't a rag doll in a one-on-one fight between the two. Budget was an issue, but Bay should've shown Optimus get a few more good hits on Megatron than he did.

See now this i agree with, its a shame Prime's hits that he gets in the background of the Blackout scene werent shown more clearly.

The problem I had with the scene was the fact that it kinda made out that Megatron is a league above Optimus Prime in the fighting/power stakes, this was never true in the cartoon, as far as I remember, whenever Megatron beat Optimus in the cartoon, it was through Megatron cheating, yet in the movie he just beat Optimus with raw strength and power.

^Yeah, i see what you mean, but if you keep looking in the background when the humans take out Blackout, you can see that Prime gets a good few hits on Meg's while the focus is not on the fight, I know its a shame we have to look in the background to see these things, but at least they were there in some form.

I'm sure Bay et al have seen the complaints about the battle, and will seek to rectify this in the sequel, I hope so at least. But i still maintain that the fight was true to the majority of the one's they have had in the comics.

I was just disappointed that when the "final battle" started, the camera shows Sam in a hole with rocks hitting him instead of the actual fight.

^Yeah i know what you mean, but budget was probably a factor in this, its wasnt the start of the battle, it was after Prime had saved Sam from falling wasnt it?

I'm more disappointed that they killed off Megs, so that they deprive us of ever seeing any more fights anyway.

I'm more disappointed that they killed off Megs, so that they deprive us of ever seeing any more fights anyway.

I am 100% sure they will be bringing Megatron back so dont worry, we will get more of him fighting.

Megatron is the prime antagonist of the Transformers world in ANY medium, whether it be comics or the cartoon, there is no way he wasnt coming back for the sequel.

Megatron is the prime antagonist of the Transformers world in ANY medium, whether it be comics or the cartoon, there is no way he wasnt coming back for the sequel.

I would be very annoyed if he wasn't.

^Dont worry, I highly doubt he wont be back in some capacity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"