Confirmation by Hugh of Filming at End of November in Australia

narrows101

Reaction score
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,22504715-5006013,00.html

Jackman brings Wolverine home
September 30, 2007 12:00am

HUGH Jackman is leading a one-man effort to rescue Sydney's sagging film industry by demanding his next big movie, Wolverine, be shot at Fox Studios.

Pre-production for the big budget film is well under way, with shooting to begin in Sydney at the end of November.

"They're moving really fast on it. It's going to be an enormous production,'' said a source who is involved in hiring production crew.

Jackman has spent the past several months filming Baz Luhrmann's epic film Australia alongside Nicole Kidman and he won't take a break before beginning Wolverine, which is believed to have a budget of more than $100 million.

While Jackman and wife Deborra-lee Furness have lived overseas for much of the past decade, they appear to be settling in Sydney as more of a permanent base.

With their two children, Oscar and Ava, the couple are renting Point Piper mansion Altona for around $35,000 a week.

Wolverine, a 20th Century Fox film, is a spin-off from the highly successful X-Men film franchise, which made Jackman a household name around the world and set him up as a major player in Hollywood.

Jackman's own company, Seed, is a producing partner for the film.

"Seed is excited to be involved in bringing Wolverine to Australia - it will provide many jobs and exciting opportunities for the film community here,'' Jackman said.

"I am grateful to be able to continue working back here and am looking forward to the summer in Sydney.

"Deborra-Lee, John Palermo and I are excited to be able to assist in bringing the production to Sydney and look forward to the growth of our company here. 20th Century Fox has been an amazing support.''

The prequel will explore the origin of Jackman's mutant X-Man superhero and how his character of Logan became Wolverine.

Wolverine will provide a welcome boost to the NSW film industry, which has struggled in recent years.

Apart from Luhrmann's Australia, the last big budget film shot at Fox Studios was Bryan Singer's Superman Returns.

I think Hugh is ready... this is this weekend.

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2007/09/29/oscar-jackman-speedo/#more-21150

oscar-jackman-speedo-08-1.jpg

oscar-jackman-speedo-11.jpg
oscar-jackman-speedo-01.jpg

:wow: jee-zus, and hes got another 2 months yet until filming begins!

From all reports he works out every morning before he goes to the AUSTRALIA set - sometimes at 4 or 5 a.m. He's been doing this since at least April when AUSTRALIA started filming. The first sighting of him coming out of a gym I believe was in May or June in Bowen, Australia. There were also reports of the gyms being closed to the public while he was working out. But I think even when he isn't filming an X-Men film he works out anyway, but I'm sure it's a different routine. Those arms are really BULGING - you can practically see where they are attached at the shoulder!

Hugh does look ready. I see bulging veins.

My god....Jackman looks ready to go.

Well its been confirmed then, filming starts on November 7th

The crew seems to be coming together nicely now, so hopefully with the November 7th start date, they won't feel rushed (although I bet they will).

Front page of SHH narrows ;)

" Comic Book Movie Start Dates
Source: ComingSoon.net
October 10, 2007

ComingSoon.net has posted an updated pre-strike priority list which reveals new start dates for upcoming comic book movies. Included are Wolverine (Nov. 7 start date), Magneto (Jan. 1), G.I. Joe (Feb. 8), Justice League (Feb. 11), and even Dragon Ball Z (Fall '08)."

Just because Australia is still filming doesnt mean that Hugh has to be there. His scenes will have probably been filmed by then or if not, they'll start filming scenes for Wolverine that dont involve Hugh

Front page of SHH narrows ;)

" Comic Book Movie Start Dates
Source: ComingSoon.net
October 10, 2007

ComingSoon.net has posted an updated pre-strike priority list which reveals new start dates for upcoming comic book movies. Included are Wolverine (Nov. 7 start date), Magneto (Jan. 1), G.I. Joe (Feb. 8), Justice League (Feb. 11), and even Dragon Ball Z (Fall '08)."

Just because Australia is still filming doesnt mean that Hugh has to be there. His scenes will have probably been filmed by then or if not, they'll start filming scenes for Wolverine that dont involve Hugh

That's true re Hugh filming (or anyone filming - who knows when they are needed and when they aren't), but I was going on the assumption that he and Nicole are the stars of the movie but one could be done before the other.

Found a blog of someone who went on an audition - she doesn't say for what (it's a *she* because I looked up her profile).

http://kelleyandbroderick.blogspot.com/2007/10/today-was-good-day.html

Today was a good day!!!

Well, I had a huge audition today. It's for the upcoming film Wolverine starring Hugh Jackman. It's a part of the X-Men franchise. I think it went well. I felt good about it.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what Hood has planned for this movie.

Jackman looks great, he look's big and ripped and ready to go, great news on the start date, can't wait to see what Hood does with this story, Weapon X please.

wow... he's stronger than batman,supes, and tobey put together!

Yummy! He's lookin really good!
I can't wait to see pictures from on-set :D

Hopefully they'll release some of those pics to us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"