Wolverine: Set Reports/Filming Update(s)

sorry i dont have anymore details and can't tell you my source (as usaul).
It could be just a sketch but for sure Agent zero is in the movie.

On a blog dated November 29:

http://moranadu.blogspot.com/2007/11/mutation.html

Oh, yeah. This blog entry is titled “Mutation.” What up with that? ]

Until recently, I had planned to stay in Queenstown ‘til early January. Having been in town for nearly 8 months, I’d had my fill of the local scene and was eager to head off to greener pastures. I figured that I’d just stick with the hospitality work, make some money over the holidays and then go on my merry way, probably to Australia. Then I heard about a movie production headed to town. The movie is “Wolverine,” a prequel to the “X-Men” series which Hugh Jackman will be producing and starring in. Long story short: I did some investigating, had an interview, and landed a job as a production runner on the flick. Most of the movie is being shot in studios in Sydney, but they will be in Queenstown for a few weeks of location work, during which I will be fielding the office, doing runs to and from the sets, and a million other tasks. I start in two weeks and it will probably be keeping me busy through February. I’m still in shock about the whole thing. After spending three years in Los Angeles working on trucking show whilst dreaming of getting a good gig on a big movie, I go to the other side of the planet and get a job on the biggest production I’ve ever worked on. It’s crazy! A few months ago, I applied unsuccessfully for a paid internship at Peter Jackson’s Park Road Post Production facility in Wellington. When I got the bad news on that one, I had pretty much abandoned the idea of doing film work down here. Now this. Madness!

I’ll try to keep you all updated, but I had to sign a non-disclosure agreement forbidding me to say much of anything about the movie, so don’t expect any inside dirt. I’ll be working my ass off, but it will be great to be working on a movie again, especially considering that it is the kind of movie I would have paid to see even if I had nothing to do with the production. My inner geek is very content at the moment.

Ha. Yeah, that is pretty cool. It's good to hear production will be moving forward.

This is really about Hugh's movie AUSTRALIA, but it has a WOLVERINE connection. Discounting all the other stuff in this story which I'm sure is purely rumor, here's the connection:

The movie ["Australia"], said to be costing £65 million, has been in production for nine months and is due to begin shooting again in March, before being released later next year.

If true, sounds like reshoots/pickups for AUSTRALIA are scheduled for March (at least I HOPE it's reshoots or pickups!). Looks like Hugh may have to be jumping from one sound stage to another at Fox Studios then LOL.

Source: http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/d...entPK=19121863&folderPk=112383&pNodeId=188965

It's starting to seem like Australia is going be out in theaters and it will still be off filming somewhere... :oldrazz:

Wow - Australia's production is starting to get annoying now. What's taking so long??? LOL

I bet most of the footage ends up on the cutting room floor, unless they plan on having a 4 hour movie. :D

^I know, right?

This just in: 'Australia' will be split into 3 films due to the overwhelming amount of footage.

"Australia" is directed by Baz Luhrmann, who's notorious for taking his time, and it's being described as an "epic" movie so it's going to take a while. Plus they have been shooting in different locations - they were in Sydney from April 30-May 13, in Bowen from May 14-June 30, in Darwin from July 3-11, Fox Studios Sydney from July 16-August 2, the Kimberley region in the Outback from Aug. 6-Sept. 8, and back at Fox Studios since Sept. 9. My speculation is that now they are doing all the interior shots and the other locations were all the outdoor shots since they are supposed to be showcasing the beauty of the Australian landscape, among other things. They were scheduled to wrap at the end of November (per Luhrmann in an interview a few months ago) but looks like it's going over since Nicole said last week they finish on Dec. 21. Nicole has been promoting two movies in the US and London so I'm not sure if that's holding things up.

The rumor is that this movie is going to figure into next year's Oscars, which would air right before "Wolverine" comes out, so hopefully that will happen. I know of course everyone is going to run out and see this movie to find out what the holdup on filming "Wolverine" was, right? :woot:

Here's a couple of location shots from Darwin (Hugh's on that boat somewhere) and Bowen:

9_On20set20for2027Australia27.jpg

Baz-in-Bowen.jpg

^I know, right?

This just in: 'Australia' will be split into 3 films due to the overwhelming amount of footage.

LOL...I see an Australia: Origins spinoff in our future. :oldrazz:

^:D :D :D

Hey danoyse, are you an aunt already? ;)

Congratulations! :) I already have a nephew and a niece! ;)
Okay now, back to our regular programming... :p

Thanks! This is my first nephew...although I've been an honorary aunt to my little cousins. And I'm going to Disney World next week...so I'll be bringing back lots of nephew-presents for Christmas!

Wow...we've really taken this thread off the rails, haven't we? Here, back on subject:

x3102dm0.jpg

:woot:

This is a great picture...I can imagine a scene like this in "Wolverine", when Logan is escaping Weapon X.
Only he's naked and covered in blood! :oldrazz: :D

is there any indication of Sabretooth being in this?

^ Sabretooth is definitely in this film :up:

I love that picture. I'm sure there will be some shirtless/naked action in the film, Loganbaby :p

Does anyone know the mutant name Black cat ? This mutant could have a cameo in the movie as well.

Does anyone know the mutant name Black cat ? This mutant could have a cameo in the movie as well.

I think you mean Silver Fox. Different colour, different animal!

Black Cat is a Spider-Man character and is not a mutant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"