Wolverine: Set Reports/Filming Update(s)

Interesting rumor:

http://www.cinematical.com/2007/12/22/is-brian-cox-returning-as-stryker-in-wolverine

Is Brian Cox Returning as Stryker in 'Wolverine'?
Posted Dec 22nd 2007 11:02AM by Ryan Stewart

Yesterday afternoon I was thumbing through some Sundance e-mails when I came across an interview pitch for Brian Cox, known to one and all for his many acting roles including Stryker, nemesis of Wolverine in X2: X-Men United. For a while it's been known that the role Cox originated was going to be taken over by the younger Liev Schreiber in the upcoming fourth film, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, so how come Brian Cox has X-Men Origins: Wolverine as his top credit on the actor bio sheet I'm looking at right now? An attempt by me to follow-up with the publicist who sent me the bio has been met with silence, so who knows if this was something that wasn't meant to be leaked or just someone's dumb mistake? I can easily see a publicist accidentally writing down X4 when they meant to write down X2. But the wall of silence hasn't yet dissipated. I'll be keeping an eye on this.

The official synopsis for X-Men Origins: Wolverine -- what a clunky title -- states that the film "explores the claw-wielding character Wolverine's violent and romantic past, and his complex relationship with Victor Creed and the ominous Weapon X programs, as well as his encounter with other mutants." Filming is expected to start in a couple of weeks, so if there are any last minute casting decisions to be made, now is the time, I guess. I'd definitely like to see dueling Strykers, but is time-travel a big part of the X-Men universe, cause otherwise I can't exactly see how they'd pull that one off. More likely that if this is true, there will be a prologue or epilogue with Cox getting to shine for five minutes.​

I'd love to see Brian Cox in it. He's a wonderful actor; it's a pity that because of his age he can't reprise his role.

A cameo/flashback/flashforward scene would be great :up:

Why do so many find X-Men Origins: Wolverine a bad title? I've read comments like that from numerous publications and articles, lol.

That'd be cool if Cox was in it. But I can see that only working if they do scenes in the present day. And really, I'd prefer the whole film to just to take place in the past.

I think some people would prefer to just call it Wolverine, so writing 'X-Men Origins:' in front of it may seem a bit pointless. You also have to pause a little when saying it. X-Men Origins...Wolverine.

My thoughts anyway :D

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22969491-5012974,00.html

Nat eye on more films

Article from: Herald Sun
December 25, 2007 12:00am

ACTOR-turned-singer Natalie Imbruglia has had a secret audition for Hugh Jackman's movie blockbuster, Wolverine.

Confidential believes that Imbruglia had the screen test in Sydney two weeks ago, before she popped down to Melbourne to visit friends.
This month, Imbruglia finished filming Australian feature movie Elise in Adelaide.

The former Neighbours star seems to be switching her focus back to her acting, after her single, Glorious, failed to set the charts alight in either Britain or Australia this year.

"Shooting (Elise ) and getting to play such an interesting character was a dream come true," Imbruglia said this week.

"I am still pinching myself about the whole experience, and I definitely want to do more film."

She also reportedly auditioned to be host of So You Think You Can Dance, a role that went to Natalie Bassingthwaighte.

Casting for Wolverine, the next film in the X-Men series, is still going on, with Naomi Watt's partner, Liev Schreiber, and young Aussie AFI winner Kodi Smit-McPhee rumoured to be joining the crew.

Imbruglia will open the Boxing Day sales at David Jones in Sydney tomorrow.

I've never see her act, but I like her look. They are really pushing the wire with casting, etc. Maybe these are for lesser roles?

I've never see her act, but I like her look. They are really pushing the wire with casting, etc. Maybe these are for lesser roles?

I've noticed that any Australian actor that's been rumored for this movie has been in every single one of the Australian newspapers. Plus the movie is being filmed in Australia and New Zealand (which is almost the same thing) so they report every little bit of info they get. Plus they have a home-grown boy as the star....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"