Connecting Wolverine and the X-Men Trilogy (SPOILERS!!!)

Road Warrior

Sidekick
Reaction score
Obviously, some things don't make sense.

The first being Sabertooth. They're written completely different here and in X1. It's almost as if they're two different characters. Not to mention that he never acknowledges that he's Wolverine's brother.

Then, there's the whole Professor X showing up at the end thing. So...if he was there and (it seems) aware enough to guide these kids out of the building why couldn't he tell Wolverine about it in X1? It's kinda weird that he wasn't aware of Wolverine being there. Especially since I'm sure the kids must have mentioned it.

There are also two rather large holes in Wolverine head, and I assume two bullets in his brain? Either that, or four large holes in his head.

One thing doesn't make sense. Stryker shoots him with an adamantium bullet. Wolverine's skeleton is already adamantium. Why would a adamantium bullet even affect him?

One thing that kind of bothered me was how when Logan wakes up from the experiment he just kind of runs away. No bloody Wolverine, no killing anyone, no screaming in pain, no scientists passing around wine glasses or drilling into him. It was nothing like X1 or X2.

wow how many times must this be said hell liev said it in the interviews the past couple of days. This is early life of sabertooth when we meet him in x1 he has become totally animalistic .In the wolverine film he has some humanity but by x1 it is all gone under the tutelage of magneto and the certain missions he does.

Yeah. I don't think I saw Wolverine even flinch in pain during the whole movie, which was ridiculous. Most pain ever my foot.

Emo pain. That was it.

Posted this in another thread earlier, makes more sense here though.

I think this is one of the plot holes between the movies, I'm watching the first x-men and Jean grey says Wolverine doesn't remember his life before it happened referring to the experiment and he has flashbacks of the experiment and escaping in the first 2 movies. I think in the original movies it was implied that he loses his memory before the experiment but they had to change it for this movie so they could have the ending. If he could remember the experiment and escaping then why cant he remember anything else unless he's memory was wiped before the experiment. I mean why can he flashback to the experiment and the escape but cant remember anything else that happened for the second half of the wolverine movie?

Posted this in another thread earlier, makes more sense here though.

I think this is one of the plot holes between the movies, I'm watching the first x-men and Jean grey says Wolverine doesn't remember his life before it happened referring to the experiment and he has flashbacks of the experiment and escaping in the first 2 movies. I think in the original movies it was implied that he loses his memory before the experiment but they had to change it for this movie so they could have the ending. If he could remember the experiment and escaping then why cant he remember anything else unless he's memory was wiped before the experiment. I mean why can he flashback to the experiment and the escape but cant remember anything else that happened for the second half of the wolverine movie?

Who says he doesn't? Should X1 and X2 showed every "memory snippet" Wolverine has as a flashback? We were only shown his flash of memory of him getting his metal skeleton cuz the movies were about him and Stryker.

Something obviously happened to Sabertooth during the 15 year gap between this movie and X1.

Why must EVERYTHING be explained during one movie? Leave some stuff for discussion.

Ok, I had this idea. Remember that needle Stryker used on Deathstrike and Magneto to control them? What if Magneto had that serum and used it on Sabertooth in X1?

defenrds will say that Scott in X1 knows already wolverine.
some will say that he couldnt see. Emma and otehr mutants obviously told Scott that a guy with claws saved them.

so since he knows that he saved them why didnt he say ''thank you. years ago you saved me'' ?

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh because they had to force Scott in the mvoie.

Ok, I had this idea. Remember that needle Stryker used on Deathstrike and Magneto to control them? What if Magneto had that serum and used it on Sabertooth in X1?

Wouldn't that somewhat go againts his morals? I mean sure he did kidnap Charles and tried to wipe humankind, but would he truly enslave mutants to his own cause? :o Has it been done in the comics?

Some explanations...

Professor X found Jean Grey, and keeping with the fact that he was at least aware of the torture and kidnapping of young mutants, and at worst actually involved, he then suppressed her Phoenix personality. Continuing the research from the lab, his tests killed Emma Frost and others, which is why they never ended up as X-Men. His evil continued when he lied to Wolverine about his knowledge of his origin.

Gambit minded his own business, and by the time X-Men United happened, he was older and too out of shape to fight effectively and stayed out of it...never to be seen again in X-Men continuity (great use of a popular character guys!!)

Deadpool pulled himself out of the wreckage and decided to get his face fixed and help Blade kill some vampires. He never revealed his true identity to anyone ever again, not did he seek out Sabretooth or Wolverine.

Blob had a heart attack shortly before X-1.

Stryker was not only pardoned, but promoted.

Who says he doesn't? Should X1 and X2 showed every "memory snippet" Wolverine has as a flashback? We were only shown his flash of memory of him getting his metal skeleton cuz the movies were about him and Stryker.

Something obviously happened to Sabertooth during the 15 year gap between this movie and X1.

Why must EVERYTHING be explained during one movie? Leave some stuff for discussion.

but if he loses his memory way after the experiment and as shown in wolverine, he shouldn't have any memories of anything before the end of wolverine. and if he does start getting his memories back before that, he should know who Sabretooth and Stryker are. In X-men 2 he knows Strykers name but thats all. But after the experiment he knows why he is hunting stryker in wolverine. If he has other flashbacks not shown in X1 and X2 he should know who stryker and sabretooth are.

Also i heard (or is this the most popular fan idea) that John Wraith and Mystique are Nightcrawler's parents? If so, when did these 2 meet? >_>

connecting X-Men Origins: Wolverine to the X-Men trilogy would be like connecting Schumacher movies with Nolan movies..

[A];16854447 said:
connecting X-Men Origins: Wolverine to the X-Men trilogy would be like connecting Schumacher movies with Nolan movies..

haha...i think wolverine tried to connect there storyline with the trilogy though, theydid convince me on why cyclops doesnt know who wolverine is and why wolverine loses his memories lame as they did it though.

Not really [A] Since we knew it was officially a reboot to the serie while this was officially a prequel to the serie. ;) Now i'm sure your prolly joking but just making sure! :)

I don't find that as an acceptable answer tbh.

[A];16854447 said:

Probably more like connecting the Shumacher films to the Burton films.

You can't connect Wolverine to X-Men and X2 unless you come up with the convoluted answers yourself with no evidence in Wolverine.

They screwed the pooch with this film, being a true prequel to X-Men and X2.

Honestly, I'm just going to stick with the flashbacks. They're more emotional and more visceral than anything in the 107 minutes of Wolverine.

You can't connect Wolverine to X-Men and X2 unless you come up with the convoluted answers yourself with no evidence in Wolverine.

They screwed the pooch with this film, being a true prequel to X-Men and X2.

Honestly, I'm just going to stick with the flashbacks. They're more emotional and more visceral than anything in the 107 minutes of Wolverine.

somebody should edit those scenes from X1 and X2 into the experiment scene in Wolverine, the IMDB user rating would probably jump a whole point

Another continuity issue is with Stryker's son. X2 established he was at Xavier's school...and yet, he's already captured by the time we get to the middle of this film.

And yet, Xavier in X-Men, said Scott was one of his firs students. It seems that Scott's first time with Xavier is during the end of this film.

How does this even remotely work with X-Men and X2?

haha...i think wolverine tried to connect there storyline with the trilogy though, theydid convince me on why cyclops doesnt know who wolverine is and why wolverine loses his memories lame as they did it though.

I don't know, I mean if I'm not wrong but I'm sure that I saw a young Storm among the kids (maybe I'm completely off the mark), so I'd imagine that she would have filled Scott in on how they were saved by a feral guy with claws coming out of his knuckles.:hehe:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"