Connecting Wolverine and the X-Men Trilogy (SPOILERS!!!)

If you saw a guy with claws wouldn't you mention it? :huh:

Another continuity issue is with Stryker's son. X2 established he was at Xavier's school...and yet, he's already captured by the time we get to the middle of this film.

And yet, Xavier in X-Men, said Scott was one of his firs students. It seems that Scott's first time with Xavier is during the end of this film.

How does this even remotely work with X-Men and X2?

None of these are continuity errors.

1. Stryker took his son Jason to Xavier's school. But it is explained in X2 that Jason -returns- from the school, and it is during this time frame that Jason kills Stryker's wife, etc... So this obviously takes place -after- Jason has returned from Xavier's school.

2. Cyclops is one of Xavier's first students. Not Xavier's first and only student. Xavier could very well have not had a very large student population at the time. Afterall, he and Magneto have formed the school at this point, but they are still recruiting. Students like Jason, and others didn't stick around, but Cyclops, Ororo, Jean, etc... all did.

In real life? Sure.

In a world filled with mutants, where I myself am a mutant with fantastic abilities, and I'm trapped for years amongst a whole slew of fellow mutants with many different types of unique mutations, many visual?

No, a guy with claws wouldn't particularly stand out. Mentioning "a guy with claws" would definitely not be a necessity.

In real life? Sure.

In a world filled with mutants, where I myself am a mutant with fantastic abilities, and I'm trapped for years amongst a whole slew of fellow mutants with many different types of unique mutations, many visual?

No, a guy with claws wouldn't particularly stand out. Mentioning "a guy with claws" would definitely not be a necessity.

So, you'll just say, "yea...some dude there helped us out. No need to go look for him. I'm sure he's alright."

So, you'll just say, "yea...some dude there helped us out. No need to go look for him. I'm sure he's alright."

These were young kids that have been held captive, that were just rescued, and you want THEM to go play hero?

What you're arguing doesn't even make sense anymore. You're just making it up as you go along now.

Yes, I think they would mention it. They may be mutants, but they aren't mindless voids for human beings. If you had been trapped in a cage for God knows how long, and one day, someone freed you, you're going to talk about it. What kind of people sit in closed quarters and don't discuss something like that???

Granted, I suppose in movie-world it's possible that Cyclops is somehow unable to make the connection that Wolverine is his liberator either through lack of information, forgetfullness, sheer stupidity, or Xavier's machinations, but I would think the former captives would talk about the mysterious man who freed them from the very cages they themselves were unable to escape.

I would especially think Emma Frost would say something, considering the concern Emma shows for her sister combined with the fact that Wolverine is the last person Frost sees with her sister before Kayla sacrifices herself and dies.

Last edited:
These were young kids that have been held captive, that were just rescued, and you want THEM to go play hero?

What you're arguing doesn't even make sense anymore. You're just making it up as you go along now.

As they were flying away in the helicopter I'm sure they were looking down at what was going on. Don't you think one of them said, "um...maybe we should have someone check if that guy is still alive." Secondly, have you already forgotten about Silverfox? Don't you think Emma Frost would want to check what happened to her sister? Don't you think she would wonder what the heck happened to the guy she was with. Don't you think she would talk about that with everyone?

Yes, I think they would mention it. They may be mutants, but they aren't mindless voids for human beings. If you had been trapped in a cage for God knows how long, and one day, someone freed you, you're going to talk about it. What kind of people sit in closed quarters and don't discuss something like that???

Granted, I suppose in movie-world it's possible that Cyclops is somehow unable to make the connection that Wolverine is his liberator either through lack of information, forgetfullness, sheer stupidity, or Xavier's machinations, but I would think the former captives would talk about the mysterious man who freed them from the very cages they themselves were unable to escape.

I would especially think Emma Frost would say something, considering the concern Emma shows for her sister combined with the fact that Wolverine is the last person Frost sees with her sister before Kayla sacrifices herself and dies.

:up:

Nell,

I guess I'll buy your explanation about Jason being at Xavier's school before Scott. But, if that's the case, why didn't Xavier come to the rescue earlier?

I mean, he can read minds. He has Cerebro. He had the ability to save those children well before Logan showed up, since Skryker's been experimenting on mutants since Logan left Team X.

No, because it's not a for sure for certain fact that anyone would have told Scott that "some guy with claws" saved us.

They very well could have told him that some fellow mutants came and freed them.

You're just making it up in your head that they "obviously" told him so you can have something to complain about, no matter how inaccurate it may be.
every young mutant but scott was able to see. everyone of them saw emma's sister and a guy with claws on hes hands. that is a fact not opinion.
and you will tell me now that ''maybe'' they didnt tell him?

its obvious that the next months you will defend this movie no matter what. good luck :yay:

Wouldn't that somewhat go againts his morals? I mean sure he did kidnap Charles and tried to wipe humankind, but would he truly enslave mutants to his own cause? :o Has it been done in the comics?
Well maybe Sabertooth was really violent and stuff and Magneto really needed him, so he did that as alast resort.

Prof X says in X1 that he's heard of experiments on mutants but never to the extent of Wolverine.

Ok, I had this idea. Remember that needle Stryker used on Deathstrike and Magneto to control them? What if Magneto had that serum and used it on Sabertooth in X1?

:huh::huh::huh: seriously? Magneto is against anything that has to do with controlling mutants. Let alone something that has to do with stryker. The serum was made from the brain amtter of Strykers son

Im alittle dissappointed that this film didnt connect in with the others as well as I thought it would, like how did they come across the name Logan for him? They spent all that time coming up with Wolverine but suddendly he's Logan?

Victor to Sabertooth you can atleast take a wild gander and believe he tottaly lost it after all those years and became nothing but an animal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"