Contest Of Marvels (Thread 1)

Dr. Victor Lehnsherr said:
Today

300- 50x50
3000-75x75
6000- 100x100

:mad: It took me so damn long to get to 5000 posts for the 75X75 avatar! Now its only 3000. Meh, I get a 100X100 now :ghost:

no you don't :mad:

lol, sorry, still sore about play-offs '04

Sparta* said:
no you don't :mad:

lol, sorry, still sore about play-offs '04
Don't feel bad. I doubt the Bolts will make it past the second round this year. And that's giving them a good chance. :o :(

They are in 8th place right? It would be funny if the Flames met the Lightning in the play-offs again, except this time there spots would be reversed (in 04, Tampa was 1st, and Calgary 8th, and now its vice versa lol)

Sparta* said:
They are in 8th place right? It would be funny if the Flames met the Lightning in the play-offs again, except this time there spots would be reversed (in 04, Tampa was 1st, and Calgary 8th, and now its vice versa lol)
I would definitely like to see that happen since it would mean Tampa Bay would be back in the finals. :)

I hope Tampa makes the play-offs. I am sore that they took the cup from Calgary in '04, and I am obliged to feel resentment towards them for that lol, but they do have a ton of great players, a lot of which are Canadian.

Loki sucks so bad, we have resorted to talking about the Hockey Playoffs...:(

hahah don't worry about it POWdER :up: Desak has a very good chance against Doctor Strange, and that alone is an accomplishment in itself. Plus you have 1/2 the characters from the final 4! That is very respectable

Plus...Hockey just rules in every way :p

Nothing wrong with talking a little Hockey. :D

Sparta* said:
I hope Tampa makes the play-offs. I am sore that they took the cup from Calgary in '04, and I am obliged to feel resentment towards them for that lol, but they do have a ton of great players, a lot of which are Canadian.
Yeah, they do have a bunch of Canucks on the roster. I think over half the team is Canadian.
Far as the playoffs go, I think the problems they've had in goal this season (neither Grahame or Burke has really done much to outright win the starting job this season) and the losses of a few experienced defensemen (Lukowich and Cullimore) will hurt them come playoff time.
Still, I would love to be proven wrong, and hope I am. :o

I miss the Bulin Wall. :(

yeah I know I am happy with it, I find it amusing that we are talking about hockey instead of the match. But amyways...

CALGARY RULES...!!!

precious.jpg

LOTRFLAMES.jpg

LOL @ Mike Ricci as Arwen! hahahaha god that guy is Fugly.

Johnny Blaze said:
Nothing wrong with talking a little Hockey. :D

Yeah, they do have a bunch of Canucks on the roster. I think over half the team is Canadian.
Far as the playoffs go, I think the problems they've had in goal this season (neither Grahame or Burke has really done much to outright win the starting job this season) and the losses of a few experienced defensemen (Lukowich and Cullimore) will hurt them come playoff time.
Still, I would love to be proven wrong, and hope I am. :o

I miss the Bulin Wall. :(

haha yeah, the Wall was POWER!

I dunno man, It's getting down to the wire, but I think Tampa has a chance to be in the play-offs.

I hope they do make it...so Calgary can get some revenge mwuhahaha! :p

Calgary.jpg

Sparta* said:
haha yeah, the Wall was POWER!
Yeah, he was the rock for us in the playoffs last season.

I laugh at him now though as he's getting treated like a chump goalie in Chicago. That's what happens when you're greedy and follow for the money.
Especially when the Blackhawks suck ten different kinds of ass.

Bet he wishes he had a team around him now. :o

Johnny Blaze said:
Yeah, he was the rock for us in the playoffs last season.

I laugh at him now though as he's getting treated like a chump goalie in Chicago. That's what happens when you're greedy and follow for the money.
Especially when the Blackhawks suck ten different kinds of ass.

Bet he wishes he had a team around him now. :o

Same deal with Craig Conroy for Calgary. He was assistant captain, and was a really respected player for the Flames, but then he sold out to LA, and now he's doesn't have the respect anymore. He does have a bigger pay check now though...but some things can't be bought with money...and a lot of hockey players need to realize that :up:

Sparta* said:
Same deal with Craig Conroy for Calgary. He was assistant captain, and was a really respected player for the Flames, but then he sold out to LA, and now he's doesn't have the respect anymore. He does have a bigger pay check now though...but some things can't be bought with money...and a lot of hockey players need to realize that :up:
I agree. I think it's sad when a player takes the extra cash over a good situation, such as what Conroy and Habby had.
I mean, it's not like they weren't offered a respectable contract from Calgary and Tampa Bay, respectively.
I don't know about Conroy, but I know Bulin was offered around 4 Mil a season, IIRC.
He just wanted the extra cash and now he's getting punked on the ice...which is pretty sweet. Good to see karma still works. :) :up:

lol, I come back to the Hype thinking I've missed something and all I find is hockey talk?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"