Contest Of Marvels (Thread 1)

Mesmero's durability is definitely not greater than Red's, but I think Omega would have trouble staying still and hidden for a long time, considering he has a real battle itch.

wiegeabo said:
Just leave it up to the voters. If the voters think that the opponent copying the idea is good and would work better, they should vote for it. If they think it cheap and just copying, then they'll vote against it. It comes down to the person if they want to risk copying the idea and losing votes.

Yeah that's fine, it makes sense. :up:

As votes and matches are lost due to "cheap" moves, the cheap moves will disappear from future matches (hopefully).

I am confused, are you saying that cheap moves are being currently used? :confused:

You know, I didn't think about this, but Omega and Mesmero both should know more about each other from the first battle, right? I don't know if it works this way....never got to ask JH...but, I figure you two have fought before, and since it was a draw, you guys are having a second match. The first one doesn't get a "doesn't count," right? So, one of the questions we also have to ask ourselves is which has a better advantage in a re-match? Who learns better from previous matches?

powderman said:
I am confused, are you saying that cheap moves are being currently used? :confused:

Damn, my reply didn't go through. One more try.

No, I don't think any cheap moves have been used, but that's just me. Some players may feel that a move other people are fine with is cheap. And they'll post their disagreement with the move by voting against that character.

Trying to regulate what is cheap would be impossible (partially because voters opinions on what is cheap are different), so the easiest way to determine what is a so-called 'cheap' move is through votes. People who use 'cheap' moves are taking the risk of earning losses by losing votes for the move against earning wins by gaining votes for the move. It's just a chance they'll have to take. But, hopefully, as the tournament progresses, any use of 'cheap' moves will fade away as players learn what voters are willing to accept, forcing the users to develop better strategies, making the tournament better.

Obviously there's no guarantee of any of this, but I think it's a good solution.

Phaedrus45 said:
You know, I didn't think about this, but Omega and Mesmero both should know more about each other from the first battle, right? I don't know if it works this way....never got to ask JH...but, I figure you two have fought before, and since it was a draw, you guys are having a second match. The first one doesn't get a "doesn't count," right? So, one of the questions we also have to ask ourselves is which has a better advantage in a re-match? Who learns better from previous matches?

Personally I'm a big fan of continuity so lets say this is round 2 for the characters as well as us,... just for kicks. We'll keep that an ongoing rule. Round two match is for both us and the characters.

And I also agree with what W said about the copying ideas. You can do it if you like but at the risk of votes.

Namor VS. Thunderstrike

Man, being in a desert is a handicap for Namor, but I don't think that the fight would last long enough for it to matter. (If it lasts too long, Namor would probably dehydrate since this is a desert.)

BATTLE:

First, Namor looks around and says. "What the HELL am I doing in a $#%@&^! desert!?!?!"

Being faster than Thunderstrike, Namor is able to land punch after punch on him. Namor then grabs Thunderstrike by the leg and tosses him into a pyramid, causing some of the stones to fall on him. When Thunderstrike emerges from the rubble, Namor is there waiting for him and punches him in the face, full force, knocking him out.

WINNER: Namor

Midnight Ice said:
Namor VS. Thunderstrike

Man, being in a desert is a handicap for Namor, but I don't think that the fight would last long enough for it to matter. (If it lasts too long, Namor would probably dehydrate since this is a desert.)

BATTLE:

First, Namor looks around and says. "What the HELL am I doing in a $#%@&^! desert!?!?!"

Being faster than Thunderstrike, Namor is able to land punch after punch on him. Namor then grabs Thunderstrike by the leg and tosses him into a pyramid, causing some of the stones to fall on him. When Thunderstrike emerges from the rubble, Namor is there waiting for him and punches him in the face, full force, knocking him out.

WINNER: Namor

By the time Namor has questioned the location, Thunderstrike is already whipping up storms that sent Namor flying and away from Strike while he is being dehydrated. One smack with the good old hammer and byebye Namor.

Winner=Thunderstrike

Harlekin said:
By the time Namor has questioned the location, Thunderstrike is already whipping up storms that sent Namor flying and away from Strike while he is being dehydrated. One smack with the good old hammer and byebye Namor.

Winner=Thunderstrike
haha. i just added that line in to be funny, but...tochae...

Okay one more........

Nico Minoru picks up large rock and throws it at Scorpion.

Nico Minoru Wins!

Just kidding. I think the match between her and Scorpion has been debated to its full. I think I'll just let the votes carey on who wins,.. and either way powderman it's been a good debate. I hope Nico wins, I know she's capable of it, but if she loses this is the type of match I'd like to lose in. Best of luck to ya.

JewishHobbit said:
Okay one more........

Nico Minoru picks up large rock and throws it at Scorpion.

Nico Minoru Wins!

Just kidding. I think the match between her and Scorpion has been debated to its full. I think I'll just let the votes carey on who wins,.. and either way powderman it's been a good debate. I hope Nico wins, I know she's capable of it, but if she loses this is the type of match I'd like to lose in. Best of luck to ya.

BTW Scorpion decides to whip sand in Nico's face, pushes her down and takes her lunch money.

Scorpion wins!

JK. Yeah I have given it a rest. The match will be decided the way it will be decided. It's been an AMAZING debate JH. I hope to go up against you more. As I would agree, I would like Scorpion to continue but this is worth losing to. Good luck and may the force be with you...errr......This ring has been entrusted to you, young master Baggins...:-)confused: it's the only quote I could think of right now :().

OFF TOPIC: I always wondered since Gargan (Same as Peter with spiders) was exposed to become and have scorpion abilities, wouldn't that allow him to be more capable to being in a desert? Since a scopion's natural habitat is living in a desert (most but not all I believe). It's too bad it was never shown (that I am aware of) with him in a desert, because in "theory" he should be quite capable of adapting to this location.

OK, this first one is too difficult....

Winners:

Scorpion (mainly because I find Nico too inexperienced at this moment in her life.)
Namor
Hyperion
Llyron

BONUS MATCH: Omega Red

Hyperion
Madion Jeffries
Scorpion
Thunderstrike
Omega Red

Hyperion
Thunderstrike
Nico Minoru
Madison Jeffries

Omega Red

Scorpion (Good Match JH!!)
Hyperion
Thuderstrike
Llyron

Bonus
Omega Red (Another Tough decision)

Results so far:

Hyperion 6-0 over Cardiac
Llyron 4-2 over Madison Jeffries
Nico 3-3 tie with Scorpion
Thunderstrike 4-2 over Namor
Omega Red 5-1 over Mesmero

Hyperion (I think a good match would be between Hyperion and my Gladiator)
Llyron
Nico
Thunderstrike
Mesmero

Hyperion
Llyron
Scorpion
Namor
Omega Red

Hyperion (Exiles)
Madison Jeffries
Nico Minoru
Thunderstrike
Mesmero

New Results Update:

Hyperion 9-0 over Cardiac
Llyron 6-3 over Madison Jeffries
Nico 5-4 over Scorpion
Thunderstrike 6-3 over Namor
Omega Red 6-3 over Mesmero

WOLVERINE25TH said:
Gee, what a shock.

If it makes you feel any better, I have to go up against Magneto next week.

Of course, your one match is almost a flip of the coin match. I figure I won't know who to vote for until I hear all the debating. (Black Cat vs. Domino)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"