Continuity Police: Your favorite movie mistakes

I love star wars, all six, but here's a head scratcher.

"We have a new enemy, the young Rebel who destroyed the Death Star. I have no doubt this boy is the offspring of Anakin Skywalker. "

I know its supposed to be a secret till the big reveal.....but...In the prequels we all know anakin has a kid...but palpatine doesn't....iirc :doh:

Well it is possible that the Imperial Spy Network was able to uncover the name of the young rebel pilot that destroyed the Death Star.

The bigger continuity error is that earlier in the film, Vader is obsessed with finding Luke Skywalker. Then during this big "reveal" that Luke was the one who destroyed the Death Star, Vader acts as though this is a total shock to him, like he still believed Luke to have died in childbirth with Padme.

Well it is possible that the Imperial Spy Network was able to uncover the name of the young rebel pilot that destroyed the Death Star.

The bigger continuity error is that earlier in the film, Vader is obsessed with finding Luke Skywalker. Then during this big "reveal" that Luke was the one who destroyed the Death Star, Vader acts as though this is a total shock to him, like he still believed Luke to have died in childbirth with Padme.

What I meant was why does palpatine act as if "Anakin" is someone completely different?

True though, which leads me to believe, that much like luke and leia, this wasn't planned.

It's a Star Wars thing.

Very true. I think when you become Sith, you must leave your previous identity behind and it indeed becomes "a seperate person".

As Obi-Wan Kenobi says to Luke in Return Of The Jedi, "Your father was seduced by the dark side of The Force. He ceased to be Anikin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man that was your father was destroyed."

Whenever I think of continuity mistakes, I think of TDK. For a film that was nominated for Best Editing, that film has some of the most noticeable continuity mistakes out there. We all know them.

It's a Star Wars thing.

Very true. I think when you become Sith, you must leave your previous identity behind and it indeed becomes "a seperate person".

As Obi-Wan Kenobi says to Luke in Return Of The Jedi, "Your father was seduced by the dark side of The Force. He ceased to be Anikin Skywalker and became Darth Vader. When that happened, the good man that was your father was destroyed."

Good enough to me. :up:

darth vader dies an old man, his spirit appears next to yoda and old obi wan yet has the likeness of hayden christensen(spelling) :/

Supersonic jets and Angel had enough time to be around there from whereever he was earlier, and maybe he can fly that fast, it's never said what his max speed is.

Time passes between the movies, maybe he learned something new.

How about the fact that that scene went from the afternoon to night in a matter of 6 seconds?

Whenever I think of continuity mistakes, I think of TDK. For a film that was nominated for Best Editing, that film has some of the most noticeable continuity mistakes out there. We all know them.
Well it won "Best Sound Editing" so it's not exactly the same thing.

darth vader dies an old man, his spirit appears next to yoda and old obi wan yet has the likeness of hayden christensen(spelling) :/

that was because it was to show Anakin as he was the last time he was considered good before he turned to the dark side. but I dunno what was so wrong with Anakin being an old ghost in the original version as he became 'good' at the end of his life as Vader, dang it George for changing your movies around!

Whenever an editor is nominated for Best Editing, is for how unnoticeable their work is on a film; which is pacing, rhythm and performances cut together in a film. All editors try to serve the story and directors' needs, rather than visual continuity. When you look at Lee Smith's work on TDK in terms of structure, pacing and emotion -- he fully deserved his nomination, if not the statuette.

Superman II - the huge patch of armpit sweat on Superman as he's lifting General Z.

Batman Returns - the black eye makeup disappears on Bruce as he reveals himself to Catwoman.

This one always really irritated me. He ages like 5 years between the Drago fight and Rocky returning to the US.
I got a good one, in Rocky II both Adrain and Mickey tell Rocky that he'll go blind in his right eye if he continues fighting but it's never mentioned again in the sequels.

In Rocky III and IV it seemed that Rocky got more intellectual in his speaking manners but seems that Drago's punches really affected Rocky's vocal chords that he's back talking all slow and punchy in Rocky V.

What I meant was why does palpatine act as if "Anakin" is someone completely different?

True though, which leads me to believe, that much like luke and leia, this wasn't planned.
Well because of what Yoda said, "The boy you trained gone he is, consumed by Darth Vader." That Palpatine is addressing Vader, because Anakin is gone. They are speaking of Anakin in the past tense. Anakin doesn't return until at the end of of Return of the Jedi as a force ghost. Anakin's soul was suppressed or buried deep down or pushed aside, where another entity took over as Darth Vader. When Vader was destroyed Anakin finally returned.

Whenever an editor is nominated for Best Editing, is for how unnoticeable their work is on a film; which is pacing, rhythm and performances cut together in a film. All editors try to serve the story and directors' needs, rather than visual continuity. When you look at Lee Smith's work on TDK in terms of structure, pacing and emotion -- he fully deserved his nomination, if not the statuette.

True yeah. I guess that was the continuity girl's fault then. :funny:

Well because of what Yoda said, "The boy you trained gone he is, consumed by Darth Vader." That Palpatine is addressing Vader, because Anakin is gone. They are speaking of Anakin in the past tense. Anakin doesn't return until at the end of of Return of the Jedi as a force ghost. Anakin's soul was suppressed or buried deep down or pushed aside, where another entity took over as Darth Vader. When Vader was destroyed Anakin finally returned.

Oh okay! That makes sense to me.

Yeah I won't lie. I haven't seen anything SW-related in a while, sans phantom menace.

It was either that or him having the black eye make up still on which people would have *****ed about.

And today we would still be calling him "panda eyes."

It was either that or him having the black eye make up still on which people would have *****ed about.

And today we would still be calling him "panda eyes."
A simple edit would have made it seem like the makeup was somehow apart of the mask, like the Batman Begins cowl.

My big thing with SW is, if Luke was supposed to be hiing from the Sith, why keep the name Skywalker? It wouldn't take Vader very long to put two and two together.

Here's another continuity error George and co clearly didn't take into consideration:

In ANH Tarkin, and all the commanders on the Death Star scoff at the notion of 'The Force' as if it's this mystic power that very few have seen; yet in the prequels and the Clone Wars cartoon, everybody and their grandmother knows and fears Jedi's, throughout the galaxy, because of their ability to use the force.:huh:

My big thing with SW is, if Luke was supposed to be hiing from the Sith, why keep the name Skywalker? It wouldn't take Vader very long to put two and two together.

Here's another continuity error George and co clearly didn't take into consideration:

In ANH Tarkin, and all the commanders on the Death Star scoff at the notion of 'The Force' as if it's this mystic power that very few have seen; yet in the prequels and the Clone Wars cartoon, everybody and their grandmother knows and fears Jedi's, throughout the galaxy, because of their ability to use the force.:huh:

you gotta remember that there is a 20 year gap between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope. in those 20 years, the entire Jedi council was destroyed and most of the Jedi Knights were long gone. the Force, Jedi, etc. were almost nonexistant and lots of people saw it as a thing of the past.

Not to say these two are my favorites but two that I know of the moment I saw it.

yAq38dw.jpg

JM9UjC8.jpg

Last edited:
T Rex Paddock is without a doubt my favorite

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"