What Are Your Favourite Movie Moments?

+Bad Santa - The Kid Saves Santa: This film is filled to the teeth with hilarious bits of comedy and social satire, but my favourite scene throughout it's entire duration has got to be the scene where the kid saves Willie from committing suicide. It's never mentioned in the film that the character's suicidal but, in the Director's Cut especially, you get a sense as to why he's so depressed. He's been pushed around by a mean-spirited dwarf and his greedy wife, for who knows how long, and he's finally found a way out: through his demise. In the Director's Cut especially, a scene as serious as this one works much better than in the other two cuts because it's got such a darker tone to it and it pays off big because of Thornton's excellent performance. Seeing him revealed in the slow-panning shot just sitting all lonely, defeated and helpless in the car that he's trying to fill to the top with either water or some type of gas is heartbreaking. But to see the kid come in to talk to him as normally as he always does really makes me smile and shed a tear every time.

There are three versions available for this film. The theatrical cut, which is arguably the best, the director's cut, which is much darker in tone, and the Badder cut, which was just a cheap cash-grab by the studio to try and get more DVD sales (they based this release off the success of the American Pie films with their Unrated versions).

Mrs. Doubtfire scaring off the purse snatcher and giving James Bond the finger. The scene where he has to keep changing back and forth between Danny and Mrs. Doubtfire.

[YT]3wYCh5nxyCI[/YT]

[YT]dOEYT0wZFNg[/YT]

[YT]Ky5BC3-qwGM[/YT]

[YT]tjTrFo-bITU[/YT]

[YT]RESwG23_YGw[/YT]

[YT]StvEGT-3LZE[/YT]

As great as any Rocky fight, or maybe even better (though that Rocky Balboa fight was pretty incredible, same with Rocky IV's final fight). This fight scene from Warrior blew me away, this is one of the best sports/drama films that I've ever seen. It's got great performances all-around and great action to boot, what's not to love? If you're looking for a film that feels genuine and human in every way, give Warrior a shot. :cwink:

Robocop throwing Clarence Boddicker through windows, reciting Miranda rights.

SCARFACE

The violent, vulgar, crime tragedy staring Al Pacino in a career defining role.

dark-knight-1.jpeg

"Water on the knee, a thousand dollar fee!"

The end of Karate Kid.

Great ending, he wins the fight is saluted by his enemy and we see Mr Myagis proud face before t cuts to the credits

+12 Years a Slave - The Ending: They literally could not have ended this film on a more fitting note, this ending was just perfection and IMO should have secured Chiwetel Ejiofor that Best Actor Oscar and Steve McQueen should have won Best Director as well because this film is his third masterpiece in a row and he's only made three films to boot!

+The Truman Show - Truman Sails Away/The Ending: Brilliant scene from an equally brilliant film, Truman finally faces his childhood fear of sailing again but this time he knows full well what is really going on. Jim Carrey and Ed Harris are particularly fantastic in this scene and, when they finally call off the storm set out to stop Truman from reaching the end, the best part arrives when Truman stands back up and re-raises the sail to continue his journey onwards, even with the knowledge that he might end up dead later on down the line. I remember I used to hate how this film ended, because I wanted to see what happens when he finally steps out into the real world, but now I think it ends at the perfect spot, add to that Carrey's amazing performance when he discovers that his whole world has been a sham and you're left with one of the best endings of all-time.

+Jackie Brown - The Fitting Room Exchange/Multiple Perspectives in the Same Time-Frame: I love this film. Everyone delivers classic performances, especially Samuel L. Jackson and Robert de Niro (their car scene after this fitting room exchange set of sequences is absolutely fantastic), and this is probably Tarantino's funniest film as well. Also, Michael Keaton's FBI agent from this film appears in Out of Sight too, which are both based off of novels by the same writer, Elmore Leonard.

cool i am game!

Heavy Metal-Tarrna and the barbarian dude are fighting.dude is all" now you die Tarakorain B^&*!" Then her bird side kick chews that dude's leg and she takes barbarian dude's helmet off and punches her hand clean through that guy brain stem! coolness!
taarna23.jpg

Superman the movie- the" if you got me who's got you part!?" Love Chris has that "yeah baby! I am your Daddy! Look "on his face going on! I freaking Love that part!
superman-11.jpg

Godzilla vs Megalon " Jet Jaguar!" who's the size of a regular human is just watching Toyko get stumped on by Megalon and Gigan! dude goes out in the field do a couple of moves and gets GIGANTIC and Judo chops those fool monsters! yeah! it corny and cheesy !( what do you expect from dudes in rubber monster outfits) but i love when one of the characters say hey! how did he get so big? the other dude is like "i guess he saw his duty and did what needed to be done!" I love that ^&* cause thats what superheroes do!( plus he has a cool ass theme song!)
Bot_jaguar.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"