Coppola and Scorsese Recent Criticism of Marvel Films

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluearth

Civilian
Reaction score
Why are these two morons being given a pass for saying incredibly stupid things about Marvel movies?

You can be the world's smartest mathematician. But if you say 2+2 is 3, then you are a moron.

Marvel movies dont envoke emotions or feelings or ideas or thoughts in people like 'real cinema' does? Its not even worth responding to such idiotic rants.

These 'emperors' are naked and nobody is really calling them out on it.

Eh, I find it adorable, in that "couple of grumpy old men yelling at the kids to get off their lawn" kind of way.

First of all, they’re not “morons” — they’re experienced veterans of film with life-long careers working on movies. They live and breathe movies. It’s in their blood so they definitely more than earned the right to be opinionated.

And their opinion is valid, I just don’t agree and think they’re definition of cinema is skewed but that’s fine. There’s people who don’t think hip hop or rock isn’t music, and thinks classical music is what really constitutes as “music” and y’know what? That’s fine.

Last edited:
Calling them idiots is about ten times more reductive than anything those two masters said about CBMs and Marvel Studios output in general.

Also there is easily found outrage all over the internet so saying no one is "calling them out" is just silliness.

Why are these two morons being given a pass for saying incredibly stupid things about Marvel movies?

You can be the world's smartest mathematician. But if you say 2+2 is 3, then you are a moron.

Marvel movies dont envoke emotions or feelings or ideas or thoughts in people like 'real cinema' does? Its not even worth responding to such idiotic rants.

These 'emperors' are naked and nobody is really calling them out on it.
OPINION
o·pin·ion
noun
  1. a view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.
    "I'm writing to voice my opinion on an issue of great importance"
    • the beliefs or views of a large number or majority of people about a particular thing.
      "the changing climate of opinion"
    • an estimation of the quality or worth of someone or something.
      "I had a higher opinion of myself than I deserved"

Humans are not Borg.....everyone is not required to share the same opinion as everyone else.

This subject is already being discussed in other threads such as this one Superhero Cinematic Civil War - Part 56

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"