Logan Costumes of Wolverine 3

Well, we unexpectedly got one comic accurate costume at least.
Which gives me hope that we might actually be able to se him wear the classic one (or a close variation) in this last one.

The deleted scene suit looks great. Mask is still a bit too much. I'm confident he'll don a yellow suit in here somewhere. Jackman and Mangold are well aware of the desire to see it.

The thing about the costume in Apocalypse was there was a reason for him to wear it (though I wish it looked so much better). For the yellow costume (unless they start the film with him already wearing it) then there has to be some sort of meaning or reason for the Wolverine to wear it, especially the mask.

They pay these people alot of money to come up with that stuff.

They need to put forth some effort and make it happen. Anybody saying it's impossible is flat out wrong. We are gonna see it eventually and people are gonna geek. Wolverine has been marketed with that mask for almost what 40 years now? It's iconic.

I don't know why some act as though the movies ever bothered with an in-depth explanation for the costumes. All it needs is a couple of lines of dialogue. They could just say something like "hey, this was the gift in the box at the end of the last movie" and have that be that.

I don't have any problem with the suit. He wears it because he thinks is cool, and/or because it reminds him of his days as an X-Men. You don't even have to explain it, we can fill the blanks by ourselves.
The mask, however... there's not enough suspension of disbelief in the world to make people overlook how silly that is. :o

Nope, for everyone. I know because I polled the whole world.
Seriously though, I'm all for comic book movies embracing their sillier side but that mask... that damn mask... is one of the very few things I just can't imagine ever working in live-action.

The mere thought of Jackman wearing that thing makes me snicker. I hope one day a clever filmmaker'll come around and prove me the hell wrong. But gosh, it's so silly.

It would look silly if its not explained well and Hugh Jackman has been playing this character for over 16 years now... its not like he just can appear in the first scene with the mask already on. The yellow/brown costume, sure... no need to explan for that. But the mask, eh.

I'd love to see that suit make an appearance, but as FeedyFrog said, it might be better for the next Wolverine actor to get the suit. I just think it might help distinguish the next guy from Jackman's 400 appearances as the character.

I'd like this for the new guy
3865016-0439641321-31669.jpg

Not particularly bothered what Jackman wears, really. He's too big a star to keep a mask on for any length of time.

I Like this last costume before his death !!!

In Wolverine 3 maybe he wont wear costumes maybe he will bring out his x-uniform from newtimeline

If they can make Cap's outfit work in live action, they can make this happen too. Effort and creativity, which with the amount they're getting paid someone should be able to provide lol

^
Seriously. have beast cameo and say something like "I have been working on a new prototype suit " and just have him wear it in the last act

I'm disappointed they aren't using prosthetic make up to make hugh look older.

I think hugh could look great in the costume even with the mask. But I still say save it for the reboot.

Isn't it a bit late for a proper costume, could come off as just pandering. I'd be fine with a maskless costume though.

Back when news on Apocalypse was sketchy, I was sure Wolverine would be a horseman. Looking back, that would have been a really effective way to introduce the costume.

I don't think we'll ever see Wolvie in his classic costume on the big screen

I'll happily be wrong, though

Based on what we know it seems like it would look out of place to have him in a costume in this. Like if he didnt get one in his last 3, then I dont think anyone should expect one here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"