World WOLVERINE: NO MASK, NO WOLVERINE. Just LOGAN.

1- Cool out, Dope Nose.

2- THE ONE and ONLY costume, the yellow-blue one. The others had all a short life and didn't look so cool... specifically, the brown/orange one was horrid.

3- LEATHER costume, okay. I can accept that. But give him a friggin' MASK. I'm not saying that 'WOLVERINE' and 'LOGAN' are two different personas... but the MASK is part of the mystique of the character. Okay?

The brown/orange hardly had a short life, and I'm almost inclined to tell you that you can hardly be Wolverine fan if you didn't like that costume, but I won't, since each to their own.

i do agree that the mask would have been cool to see and could have been pulled off by some creative costumer out there...but the fact that it doesn't relate to comics is off...look at the stretch in all volumes of wolverine comics that he goes without a mask. after genesis tries to stick the adamantium back in in v.1 issue 100, all he's got is a ninja turtles-esque head band type thing. yea, its cool to see him with it, but definitely not a necessity. the part of wolvies character that i feel was never portrayed in the films was his animal nature...he's never been nasty, and only recently has he cleaned up in the comics...and we've only seen hints to his hightened senses (he sniffs out mystique in the x1 and hears soldiers in x2, but that's about it) overall i'm pretty dissatisfied with his character...mask or not

Harlekin said:
The brown/orange hardly had a short life, and I'm almost inclined to tell you that you can hardly be Wolverine fan if you didn't like that costume, but I won't, since each to their own.

I'm a big Wolverine fan indeed. I use to read my Wolverine comics while listening to 'Yesterday's News' by EUROPE. I can sure you that the orange one is HORRID. A dull version of the original one. And its life span is SHORTER when compared to the CLASSIC ONE.

Flashman said:
I'm a big Wolverine fan indeed. I use to read my Wolverine comics while listening to 'Yesterday's News' by EUROPE. I can sure you that the orange one is HORRID. A dull version of the original one. And its life span is SHORTER when compared to the CLASSIC ONE.
Of course it's shorter, but it's an outfit that he used for a quite a long time. Longer than any of the other outfits he's had anyway, besides the classic outfit. And you can assure me of nothing. I've got my own personal tastes, and you do too. I simply notified you of the fact that you're just about the only Wolverine fan that DIDN'T like that costume.

perdev145 said:
i do agree that the mask would have been cool to see and could have been pulled off by some creative costumer out there...but the fact that it doesn't relate to comics is off...look at the stretch in all volumes of wolverine comics that he goes without a mask. after genesis tries to stick the adamantium back in in v.1 issue 100, all he's got is a ninja turtles-esque head band type thing. yea, its cool to see him with it, but definitely not a necessity. the part of wolvies character that i feel was never portrayed in the films was his animal nature...he's never been nasty, and only recently has he cleaned up in the comics...and we've only seen hints to his hightened senses (he sniffs out mystique in the x1 and hears soldiers in x2, but that's about it) overall i'm pretty dissatisfied with his character...mask or not
He sniffed out Sabretooth as well (a little late but he did...in fact he was using all his senses both then and when he was looking for Mystique). I think the point is you're supposed to assume his powers are at work. All the time. I think it'd be kind of odd to do a close up on his ear or hear loud sniffing every single time he's allerted by something. His power's were explained so just know they are at work.

I'll take Wolverine anyway i can get him, I like all his uniforms and even his cicilian cloths, but I dont like Ultimate Wolverine, 616 is the original and still the best.

Flashman said:

You're kind of an idiot. Everyone likes what they like. Don't claim that since you are such a big fan you can tell other people what costumes were good or bad. It's your opinion, don't try to force it onto others. Everyone has different opinions.

For instance, I'm a big wolverine fan and I personally LOVE the orange/brown costume. I think it's much better than the yellow and blue costume. It's more animal-like in color, it's darker, it has a more "realistic" look because it isn't so brightly colorful, it's less feminine looking, and it's MUCH easier for me to imagine logan wearing it than wearing bright yellow and blue.

Honestly... bright yellow and blue? Come on...he's Wolverine, not Captain *****ing Canary

I agree, I like the brown/tan one and there was such a demand by fans for the brown/tan on that they brought it back in Wolveirne Origins.

this is a very silly argument

Julie%20Bell%20-%20Hard%20Curves%202001%20-%2073%20-%20Wolverine.jpg

I think that is one of the worse pics of Wolvie there is I dont like any part of the mask by that artist.

He's too clean shaven and that mask is supposed to be shorter and more...wrapped around the head...Well that looks like the more recent costume anyway.

HAHA! what a terrible picture! Some artists' rederings of wolverine are just awful.

I'd love to see the Wolvie costume used in a movie. Make it out of the same material that the Superman Returns suit is made of.

Mr. Socko said:
I'd love to see the Wolvie costume used in a movie. Make it out of the same material that the Superman Returns suit is made of.
I agree I think they should do it, use the custome even if it is just for a opening scene, it should be in the movie at some point:up:

I don't think the yellow suit will ever be used in a movie because yellow looks horrible on screen. I specifically remember this issue being one of the main reasons they dropped the 'yellow oval' Batman symbol; yellow just doesn't film well, especially in a 'dark film' environment.

As far as a mask goes I am against that as well. Hugh Jackman is capable of conveying emotion really well, so why cover that up?

- Chris

it dosn't have to be the yellow, it could be the tan/brown and I feel there should be a scene or two with it, or perhaps make a new Wolveirne uniform using black and blue for the movie, since really the movies dont follow anything from the comics anyways

They could include Alpha Flight or Department H and give him a costume pretty easily...That would explain the mask and all. Covert op/Canadian superhero. I wonder what a movie version would look like. The X-men uniform already has the tiger stripes so that would be too much of a coincidence. They'd probably go with the tan costume designwise (yes, I know the color would then be a coincidence). Keep the mask like the current one with the short ears and the boots hugging the leg (like the current one) instead of sticking out and you're set...Or they could do the X-men Evolution costume which is probably as realistic a translation as you can get...Either that or the original Ultimate costume.

WOLVERINE2.jpg

wolverine-ultimate.jpg

Both variations on the tan costume that would look good imo (notice no outside undies).

SICKBOY,

YELLOW and BLUE = WOLVERINE.

Deal with it.

"Feminine" - WTF? :wolverine

The Wolveirne is soposed to take place before the X-Men movies, so WeaponX and Aphla Flight are very possiable to take place, more likly Weapon X.

(sigh)
Wolverine is not defined by his costume. There was no need for a mask in the movies. That btight yellow outfit would have looked stupid. Blah, blah, blah-it's been 6 years! No mask, no yellow, no need! Get over it!

I know he is not defined by a mask, but we comic fans like it when the movies show where the man has came from, they cant act like the uniforms never existed.

Flashman said:
SICKBOY,

YELLOW and BLUE = WOLVERINE.

Deal with it.

"Feminine" - WTF? :wolverine

No, not feminine... more like...what's the word i'm looking for...oh yeah, RIDICULOUS!!! In most of the comics the yellow and blue looks ok, but the brown and orange are much more in character with wolverine. And blue and yellow in real life? NO WAY!

And why do you say yellow and blue = wolverine? He's had multiple costumes. When he's with the x-men a costume makes sense but on his own he doesn't really need any costume at all.

The costume doesn't make the character. Look at Batman. Blue cape, black cape, grey suit, black suit, yellow oval, no oval, yellow utility belt, black utility belt, brown utility belt, etc. etc. etc. IT'S ALL *****ING BATMAN!

You know Cyclops was also blue and yellow. Does that mean that he should have the same blue and yellow costume in every single adaptation of the x-men, including comics, movies, cartoons, toys, books, and so on?

These characters have been around for a long time. Their costumes are going to change every now and then. get over it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"