Could Fox Keep The FF By Putting Franklin in X-Men?

Reaction score
How specific are the rights to a film? Could Fox keep the rights to one franchise by inserting other characters into other Marvel Films? It would be a great trick if you wanted to keep the rights to a project you don't want to add another 300 million to.

Could a Days of Future Past movie work with Franklin in it?

Would this work? And if so would the stories be better or will it muck with the aesthetics?

Or let's just play the Fox Sucks game.

Talk amongst yourselves.

:ff: :ff: :ff:

I don't know,
I don't care for the FF movies, but it would sort of be a natural progression to me.
First movie Reed and Sue get together, second they get married (right?), and the third they have a baby. It would also further their family dynamic I think.

I thought I heard somewhere that Franklin has been around for 40 years. Is that true?

(oops, didn't see the X-Men in the title. Sorry. Thought this was about the FF movies.)

Last edited:
I always thought Franklin was more of an obstacle than a benefit.

Franklin was born in FF Annual #6 in 1968!

While them having a baby in a natural progression of the movies, I think a birth in a third film is WAY to soon! Lots of other stories to tell before that one!

It sounds like a pretty transparent plan. They'd need a director who would actually go for it.

I think Fox is fine with losing the Fantastic Four license. The movies underperformed in the box office to their standards and from what has been said they lost interest in Fantastic Four 3 and Silver Surfer.

As bad as Fantastic Four 2 was, and as bad and 1 was for that matter,
I think they could have set themselves up for 3 by making acliff hanger ending to part 2.
Having the Silver Surfer swtich sides but Galactus still coming to Earth to feed. Ending it with the ominous cloud.
That would have brought people in and wanting a third I think. (in my opinion)

I don't think I could take any more abuse. I saw the first one because I thought it might actually be good. I saw the second one out of obligation as a comic movie fan. But they were SO bad, I don't know if I could bring myself to pay to see a third one.

I enjoyed both of the movies, and therefore my opinions may be null and void, but putting Franklin in the X-Men just seems wrong to me.

Well sure. But if he made a cameo in a Days of Future Past storyline would Fox be able to keep the film rights to FF?

:thing: :doom: :thing:

I could see, if they made a Days of Future Past movie, them using a blond actor and having his character's name be Franklin Richards and having the same powers.
Sure, its very possible. And likely if they did that movie.
Especially since he hasn't appeared in an FF movie yet.

It's a valid question... but I think Fox has five years to release a FF film/spinoff... even having a FF character play a significant role in an X-Men film probably would not count.

Fox has till 2012 to make a third FF movie, so that's less than four years to go before they must start production. I have heard a third could be in the works...I for one still thinks there's hope for this series.

I don't think I could take any more abuse. I saw the first one because I thought it might actually be good. I saw the second one out of obligation as a comic movie fan. But they were SO bad, I don't know if I could bring myself to pay to see a third one.

Same here;

Although the Silver Surfer was the sole reason for my going to the cinema to see the second movie.

My perfect situation is one where the property goes back to Marvel and they make a faithful, good Fantastic Four movie which makes no apologies whatsoever for how 'geekilly sci-fi' it is.

My perfect situation is one where the property goes back to Marvel and they make a faithful, good Fantastic Four movie which makes no apologies whatsoever for how 'geekilly sci-fi' it is.

I HEAR YOU TALKING AND SECOND THE MOTION:ff:

:up:

The inclusion of the sonic cannons in 'The Incredible Hulk' showed me the way.................

Throw in Namor and a halfway decent Doom :doom: and we could be onto something.

Agreed on Namor (I know who would be perfect to play him too ;) ) and Doom;

To this day, I still can't believe that they f***ed up the cinematic Doom so spectacularly.

michale chicklis has stated that he will never again wear the rubber suit and chris evans doesn't want to come back . if they lose interest in making silver surfer then i believe we will see them lose the rights and around that time marvel will be ready to reboot the series.

When and where did M.C. say he would never wear the Thing suit again? He is signed for three movies, but I guess contracts can be broken...
Shame Chris Evans does not want to come back, what has he been doing since the FF?

michale chicklis has stated that he will never again wear the rubber suit and chris evans doesn't want to come back . if they lose interest in making silver surfer then i believe we will see them lose the rights and around that time marvel will be ready to reboot the series.

Its not like Evans or Chiklis are in sooooooooo much demand now! :whatever: Its funny but I never even heard of Evans til he made F4 . Let's just hope for a Marvel produced reboot.....starring Annihilus!

Heh;

Aw, don't be sad.

I was just using the example as more of an indication that some of the (what some would perceive) 'sillier' or 'more absurd' Marvel aspects could be utilised on screen and be cool.

If Ang's 'Hulk' had've had the Sonic Cannons, I wouldve mentioned 'Hulk' instead.

(that better?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"