IF Marvel Got the Rights Back and Announced FF in 2020 . . .

Also that Reed and Stark work together to come up with the way to defeat him during Infinity War.

I've always felt that for the Marvel Universe to truly be the Marvel Universe, it needs, Galactus, Dr. Doom and Reed Richards, because those three characters help define the bounds of the Marvel Universe.

And, of course, the reason Reed Richards is so important is not because of his stretching ability, but because of his brain.

I think it could be really interesting if a young Reed Richards was introduced - pre-accident - in Infinity Wars and was a key component because of his brain, and then he could gain his powers at a later point. That could also parallel the stories of Reed in WWII etc. prior to getting his powers that established him as a strong and important person even before he gained superpowers. Doom could also be involved and an accident during an event in Infinity Wars could take the place of his college accident and allow him to disappear to return at some later date.

And something like that would be so different from the Fantastic Four movies we've seen from Fox that it wouldn't turn audiences off by association. Then when Reed does get his powers, audiences would be fully onboard and waiting for him to fulfill his destiny and the Fox films would be nothing but a forgotten, pathetic chapter.

I've always felt that for the Marvel Universe to truly be the Marvel Universe, it needs, Galactus, Dr. Doom and Reed Richards, because those three characters help define the bounds of the Marvel Universe.

And, of course, the reason Reed Richards is so important is not because of his stretching ability, but because of his brain.

I think it could be really interesting if a young Reed Richards was introduced - pre-accident - in Infinity Wars and was a key component because of his brain, and then he could gain his powers at a later point. That could also parallel the stories of Reed in WWII etc. prior to getting his powers that established him as a strong and important person even before he gained superpowers. Doom could also be involved and an accident during an event in Infinity Wars could take the place of his college accident and allow him to disappear to return at some later date.

And something like that would be so different from the Fantastic Four movies we've seen from Fox that it wouldn't turn audiences off by association. Then when Reed does get his powers, audiences would be fully onboard and waiting for him to fulfill his destiny and the Fox films would be nothing but a forgotten, pathetic chapter.

Pretty good idea Willie Lumpkin...

I have been obsessed with my idea for a while on how Marvel could introduce the F4/Doom.

In the aftermath of Thanos defeat, the heroes are celebrating and in the midst of the rubble, in Times Square, a portal opens up, the 4 comes out...Richards looks around and says "Family...we are home!"
This is being watched at Avengers Tower with the Avengers in awe of who comes out. It will be said at some point that the F4 were in the Negative Zone exploring and got stuck in some time warp or something (let the writers figure it out).

Post credit:

Camera pans over a Frankenstein-esque looking village with the villagers walking around and some of them look up at the gothic looking castle on the hill overseeing Doomstadt, Latveria. A series of monitors reveals the F4 footage that we saw moments ago...an armored hand holding a jeweled-encrusted goblet crushes goblet as the camera pulls back and shows the FULL COMIC BOOK GLORY OF DOOM....and the camera zooms in on his hate-filled eyes...In a booming intimidating voice (with accent)...he yells RICHARDS!!!! Fade to black....

Pretty good idea Willie Lumpkin...

I have been obsessed with my idea for a while on how Marvel could introduce the F4/Doom.

In the aftermath of Thanos defeat, the heroes are celebrating and in the midst of the rubble, in Times Square, a portal opens up, the 4 comes out...Richards looks around and says "Family...we are home!"
This is being watched at Avengers Tower with the Avengers in awe of who comes out. It will be said at some point that the F4 were in the Negative Zone exploring and got stuck in some time warp or something (let the writers figure it out).

Post credit:

Camera pans over a Frankenstein-esque looking village with the villagers walking around and some of them look up at the gothic looking castle on the hill overseeing Doomstadt, Latveria. A series of monitors reveals the F4 footage that we saw moments ago...an armored hand holding a jeweled-encrusted goblet crushes goblet as the camera pulls back and shows the FULL COMIC BOOK GLORY OF DOOM....and the camera zooms in on his hate-filled eyes...In a booming intimidating voice (with accent)...he yells RICHARDS!!!! Fade to black....

:woot: :doom:

I've been so beaten into submission by Fox, just the idea that we'll ever see real Doom seems like an unrealistic fantasy at this point.:csad:

I have to say the thought of hearing Reed Richards say "We're home! We're finally home." in the theaters in a proper MCU film would be a epic as it would be apropos.

You deserve a medal for that incredible post.

Thanks it was a work of passion that I felt I needed to get off my chest. It definitely has problems with it, but I feel there is a lot of good moments in there as well. I think for me though, it is not about me wishing they would follow my outline to a Tee (as I am sure they can do much better), but more about proving (to myself) that bringing the Fantastic Four and related characters slowly into Phase 3, and then launching them in earnest in Phase 4, can be done without it feeling rushed. I mean as much as I want Fantastic Four to appear in the MCU sooner then later, I also want it to feel like a natural progression that does not feel forced. So, to me after doing my outline I think it helped me believe it can be done at a comfortable pace that will also get the audiences reengaged with these characters before releasing them into their own solo adventures.

Surfer

Off topic, but Ragnaroknroll and surfer posting back to back is awesome because of those awesome avvys.

Still like the idea of the 80's instead of the 60's.

We didn't even land on the moon until 1969. By the 80's we had the Shuttle program in full swing. Or just for fun 1994.

Well,we've never had flying cars , superheroes, or shrinking suits in the 1960s either but the MCU has established that this isn't a grounded Nolan-esque reality anyway, so having the F4 in the 60s isn't somehow as jarring as Super soilder serum , Norsh Gods fighting on earth in 2011, or Massive flying bases and killer robots in 2015. The film can take place in the 60s,70s, 80s, or even 90s.

As for the idea of Reed being a genius ahead of his time, history is filled with several geniuses ahead of their time who are contemporaries and we already have Stark and Pym in the past anyway so there's no way Reed would be the only genius in the entire MCU in any time. He doesn't need to be from the future for it to work , the character can work in any decade .

The MCU is pretty flexible in terms of their own rules and growth of their universe ,so these arguments about what can't fit really don't stand up to scrutiny when compared to what Feige and the MCU have already established through 15 films.

The strongest argument against the retro film is that you'd want to use certain characters in the 21st century as opposed to having them be too old by 2015 or whatever. That's really the major drawback when it comes down to it . Its the idea of being able to have Dr Doom, Thing, or Reed be able to interact with the characters in present day .

I think it works better if Reed is ahead of his time in the current day. If he comes into the present from the 60's or 80's he would be behind the eight ball in terms of science and knowledge compared to Stark, Banner, and Pym. His "vision" would be out of date and he would have to be play catch up like Captain America did when he got into the present day. I just don't think that works well for the Reed Richards character.

I think people are just too hung up on the idea that the FF have to come before the Avengers in the timeline, like they did in the comics. I can understand the desire for that, but I don't think it's such a deal breaker that they have to bend over backwards to preserve it. Their origin could take place in present day just fine, and it's ultimately easier that way than having to backtrack the timeline already established just to fit them into the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"