Justice League Could the "Arrow" version of Green Arrow be used?

is there really a need for green arrow if batman's there? arrow's green arrow/the hood, isn't GA yet. it's his smallville. things could change, but a much more seasoned version of the hood could be incorporated. he and superman share the whole killing as a necessity motto, since both are still learning to be heroes.

I can see them trying to dodge using Green Arrow if Hawkeye continues to be a part of the Avengers movies. However, if Renner dips out and they choose to leave him out of the stories, I could see them using GA. However, I doubt it'll be the Arrow GA. I don't really know, it's just the idea of transitioning a made-for-tv version of a character to a blockbuster movie seems like quite the jump - one that WB may not really have in mind to make.

if people have a problem with superman killing lets not even talk about arrow's GA lol

he broke a dude's neck in pilot episode of arrow lol

I think the problem that people take up with Zod's death scene is ridiculous.

It's not like Supes pulled an Optimus Prime "give me your face". Trust me, I was a HUGE Transformers fan when that movie came around and the forums I frequented exploded with rage over that.

Superman had to save that innocent family. That's what he does. Goes to lengths in order to protect the common man. If those lengths mean ending the life of a madman hellbent on destroying an entire race for the sake of his own, I don't see a problem with showing that side of Supes on screen. It makes him interesting and gets rid of the perception that he's a pushover.

I mean, they even showed how agonizing it was for him to make the decision: he begged Zod to stop firing and tried to hold his face away from the people. Then after the deed was done, he cried. It's inconceivable to me that people nitpicked that aspect of MOS. I had my disappointments with the movie, but that scene was not one of them.

Sorry, had to rant :p

I feel the same way man. It's a stupid argument.

It's not like Supes pulled an Optimus Prime "give me your face". Trust me, I was a HUGE Transformers fan when that movie came around and the forums I frequented exploded with rage over that.

Superman had to save that innocent family. That's what he does. Goes to lengths in order to protect the common man. If those lengths mean ending the life of a madman hellbent on destroying an entire race for the sake of his own, I don't see a problem with showing that side of Supes on screen. It makes him interesting and gets rid of the perception that he's a pushover.

I mean, they even showed how agonizing it was for him to make the decision: he begged Zod to stop firing and tried to hold his face away from the people. Then after the deed was done, he cried. It's inconceivable to me that people nitpicked that aspect of MOS. I had my disappointments with the movie, but that scene was not one of them.

Yes, yes! I am not the only one who finds that crazy. Besides that it was also one of the best scenes in the movie, it was also the first time that a superhero movie, since the Dark Knight, really shocked me and made people talk about it for weeks! Thats great!

I totally agree about the MoS scene! It was Awesome :)

As for Arrow I think it could work. As a fan of the series I would love to see him together
with the JL. The problem is that some of the villains in Arrow (as already mentioned), don´t live up to what one would expect them to be in the JL movies.

Also his personality would have to change! Many of the things Oliver does in Arrow wouldn´t be appropriate in the JL.
They would basically have to slowly change Arrow if it was going to properly work with JL movies. That could work I think.

But hey, that´s just one mans opinion! ;)

Last edited:

I totally agree - that was quite a powerful and moving scene to watch. Glad that was actually in there really.

As for Stephen Amell's Arrow being a part of this universe, no thank you. And while Katie Cassidy too is very nice to look at, her acting really leaves a lot to be desired. Also while fanboys they seem to be I'd like to keep Berlanti and Guggenheim out of the film universe after what they did to Green Lantern!!!! :nono:

I posted this in the "Arrow" forum. But, wanted opinions here.

In an interview just shown. Stephen Amell says he hopes to see the Justice League on the show. Which got me wondering. Could they use Arrow's version of GA in a theatrical version of the Justice League. I have seen nothing that could not translate him into a movie.

Thoughts?

Green Arrow is one of my least favorite characters, so I haven't seen the show yet. It would take JLA members appearing to get me to tune in.

However, I will say that the character design on the show certainly looks like it would mesh well with the MOS and recent Batman designs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"