The Dark Knight Rises Could the Joker and Bane work together?

Since Bane wanted to break Gotham's spirit first I could see him using the Joker for that end.The Joker would'nt know about Bane's true agenda and thus be misled in to helping the "revolution".In the end the bomb explodes and everyone dies.

It's a victory for both since Bane wants to die and Joker does'nt care about dying.

But if you're talking about a vs situation then the Joker gets owned bad,the only thing saving him from a complete beat down is the power of the screen writer/plot device which he had tons of in TDK.

He would care more than anyone (except Batman) if he and all city will die because some other maniac's (Ra's) ideal to fight with corruption. Joker wants corruption to boost chaos.. while Ra's wants to end it. I wouldn't surprise if Joker helps Batman to stop Bane.

I think he only doesn't care about dying if his death serves chaos. (Like he pushed Batman & Harvey to kill him)

That's probably why he said Joker would be unaware of Bane's true motive.

I find it hard to think Bane could out smart the Joker, if anything i'd imagine the joker would use Bane more so than the other way around.

I find it hard to think Bane could out smart the Joker, if anything i'd imagine the joker would use Bane more so than the other way around.

In order to use someone you have to know their motives,Bane's true motives were known to Bruce only,the rest Gotham either did'nt know or was in confusion(due to Bane presenting himself as revolutionary).Joker does'nt know about Talia either.So how's Joker gonna use Bane?

Joker wants destruction,Bane lets him have free reign and when the time is right he disposes the clown.

In order to use someone you have to know their motives,Bane's true motives were known to Bruce only,the rest Gotham either did'nt know or was in confusion(due to Bane presenting himself as revolutionary).Joker does'nt know about Talia either.So how's Joker gonna use Bane?

Joker wants destruction,Bane lets him have free reign and when the time is right he disposes the clown.

And so by that theory of 'using motives' we know the joker was/is motiveless so how can he be used by Bane?? And the same goes for the joker, gotham hadn't got a clue nor Batman as to what he was about to do from one moment to the next. Bane just capitalised on what the Joker had already done to Batman pyschologically from the dark knight. As for Talia, i'm sure there would be plenty that Bane didn't know about the Joker that he could use against him.

Joker has a plan, Bane does too, he thinks he's in control, Joker turns it on it's head Joker disposes of Bane.

Think we may have to agree to disagree here :yay:

And so by that theory of 'using motives' we know the joker was/is motiveless so how can he be used by Bane?? And the same goes for the joker, gotham hadn't got a clue nor Batman as to what he was about to do from one moment to the next. Bane just capitalised on what the Joker had already done to Batman pyschologically from the dark knight. As for Talia, i'm sure there would be plenty that Bane didn't know about the Joker that he could use against him.

Joker has a plan, Bane does too, he thinks he's in control, Joker turns it on it's head Joker disposes of Bane.

Think we may have to agree to disagree here :yay:

What does that have to do with anything?

Joker DOES have a motive and it's spreading chaos,he made it clear to Batman,the police and Gotham's people.Hell Alfred deduced it right off the bat"some men just wanna watch the world burn".Bane's revolution is the fire while Joker is the fuel.Joker will thrive in Bane's Gotham,he will not see Bane as a threat especially since Bane made no mention of crippling the Batman(had he done that then yeah the Joker would have considered Bane enemy no 1 for spoiling his fun).Simply put Bane is deception at it's finest and that deception will prove to be the Jokers undoing.

Bane's plan was blowing Gotham with the nuke which was set to detonate regardless of the trigger man,what exactly is the Joker supposed to do again?

Any direct confrontation will not end well for the Joker,he cannot hire better or more loyal men,he does not have comparable resources and everyone knows he's crazy.Things aint looking good for him against Bane.

What does that have to do with anything?

Joker DOES have a motive and it's spreading chaos,he made it clear to Batman,the police and Gotham's people.Hell Alfred deduced it right off the bat"some men just wanna watch the world burn".Bane's revolution is the fire while Joker is the fuel.Joker will thrive in Bane's Gotham,he will not see Bane as a threat especially since Bane made no mention of crippling the Batman(had he done that then yeah the Joker would have considered Bane enemy no 1 for spoiling his fun).Simply put Bane is deception at it's finest and that deception will prove to be the Jokers undoing.

Bane's plan was blowing Gotham with the nuke which was set to detonate regardless of the trigger man,what exactly is the Joker supposed to do again?

Any direct confrontation will not end well for the Joker,he cannot hire better or more loyal men,he does not have comparable resources and everyone knows he's crazy.Things aint looking good for him against Bane.

See this is why I said lets just agree to disagree, because this kind of thing just makes us look foolish. We are essentially disaggreeing over something that won't happen anyways. I think the Joker wouldn't be a match to Bane but is far more deceptive and imaginative, in his way of dealing out chaos, where Bane is more militaristic, like stealing a nuke (textbook badguy idea) of course Bane would defeat joker one on one, just like Batman can/does, but it's about the way jokers plans play out, that are the key. And again I disagree that Joker would 'thrive' in Banes gotham, where he is unable to do much as everyones on lockdown. And this is really where it can get silly; but you say he has no allies but whos to say he hasn't got a Harley Quinn, etc in the 8 years, lets just disagree.

And to get back on topic again, I don't think Joker and Bane could work together. :yay:

See this is why I said lets just agree to disagree, because this kind of thing just makes us look foolish. We are essentially disaggreeing over something that won't happen anyways. I think the Joker wouldn't be a match to Bane but is far more deceptive and imaginative, in his way of dealing out chaos, where Bane is more militaristic, like stealing a nuke (textbook badguy idea) of course Bane would defeat joker one on one, just like Batman can/does, but it's about the way jokers plans play out, that are the key. And again I disagree that Joker would 'thrive' in Banes gotham, where he is unable to do much as everyones on lockdown. And this is really where it can get silly; but you say he has no allies but whos to say he hasn't got a Harley Quinn, etc in the 8 years, lets just disagree.

And to get back on topic again, I don't think Joker and Bane could work together. :yay:

Ok man:yay: but no there's no Harley,dont see how she'd make a difference anyway lol

I agree. Joker was the ace in the hole kind of villain. A plan within a plan. I don't see him associating himself with anyone unless he knows all about them first.

But then I don't see Joker ever working with Bane in the first place.

Bane wasn't even the true mastermind in his own movie. LOL

Why, because of
Talia? I assume spoiler tags are still necessary. When does she ever say 'yeah, I did all this, Bane is just my lapdog lol j/k

I'm not overly familiar with the Batman universe. My exposure to it is due to the movies and TAS but after seeing TDKR and reflecting on TDK, it got me thinking:

Could the Joker and Bane work side-by-side?

They have different goals in life; Joker is an anarchist and Bane is a revolutionary. But, considering Bane is bringing his own form of chaos to Gotham in TDKR, would the Joker see eye-to-eye with it and get in on the master plan?

how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

Joker works with no one!!! Not even Harley! He just uses her.

If Heath was still alive, I would have loved to see the kind of story where Joker breaks out of Arkham and Bane stops (and kills him) to win the hearts of Gotham's citizens.

It would have been pretty shocking and would have brought Bane to a new level of badass.

I think we would of had a different movie if Heath were still alive.

There is no way the two would have worked together. Bane is all about control, and the Joker is the opposite. As I said before, if Bane knew about the Joker's existence he would have let him in Arkham. With all the criminals set loose, an atomic bomb threatening to destroy the city, the Joker would have a lot of means to have his own brand of fun, probably putting in danger Bane's plans for the city.

I believe if on the film the both would appear together it would be some sort of mash of this:

storyboarc25+1.jpg

storyboarc25+2.jpg

And this:

tumblr_m8fbdicWhS1qa9jn1o1_250.gif
tumblr_m8fbdicWhS1qa9jn1o2_250.gif

tumblr_m8fbdicWhS1qa9jn1o5_r1_250.gif
tumblr_m8fbdicWhS1qa9jn1o6_r1_250.gif

tumblr_m8fbdicWhS1qa9jn1o7_r3_250.gif
tumblr_m8fbdicWhS1qa9jn1o8_r3_250.gif

tumblr_m8fbdicWhS1qa9jn1o13_r1_250.gif
tumblr_m8fbdicWhS1qa9jn1o14_r2_250.gif

Ending with the Joker laughing like a maniac locked in his cell.

I like the idea of Bane keeping the Arkham inmates in Arkham and blowing the access to the Asylum. Then he throws Batman in there after breaking him, and the Pit scenes are Bruce surviving an Arkham Asylum-esque scenario with Joker and Scarecrow plus the inmates. His recovery can be something to fight for, since he'd need to find a safe place to barricade himself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"