The Dark Knight Rises Could the Joker and Bane work together?

DoomRulz

A guy that comes and goes
Reaction score
I'm not overly familiar with the Batman universe. My exposure to it is due to the movies and TAS but after seeing TDKR and reflecting on TDK, it got me thinking:

Could the Joker and Bane work side-by-side?

They have different goals in life; Joker is an anarchist and Bane is a revolutionary. But, considering Bane is bringing his own form of chaos to Gotham in TDKR, would the Joker see eye-to-eye with it and get in on the master plan?

I don't think so. He said it best in the Long Halloween, IIRC, This town isn't big enough for two homicidal maniacs.

Also, he doesn't want Batman dead.

Last edited:
Impossible. Bane was kind of a ruler during the siege and what he was doing from beginning was all part of a plan.

Joker hates people with plans.

Absolutely not. In this case, opposites do not attract.

I think Joker would of had fun in the chaos but neither of them would be able to trust each other.

I'm not overly familiar with the Batman universe. My exposure to it is due to the movies and TAS but after seeing TDKR and reflecting on TDK, it got me thinking:

Could the Joker and Bane work side-by-side?

They have different goals in life; Joker is an anarchist and Bane is a revolutionary. But, considering Bane is bringing his own form of chaos to Gotham in TDKR, would the Joker see eye-to-eye with it and get in on the master plan?

They wouldn't see eye to eye. At all. But they would have worked together.

Bane would have done it so that Batman is reminded of the man who murdered his best friend and the woman he loved and destroyed Gotham's white knight. The reason for Bruce's seclusion. It would be quite a psychological breaker before either of the battles.

Joker would do it because he would realise it is his last chance to see his Batman. It's his last chance to be alive again.

It very much could have happened within the framework of the story we have, alas due to Heath's untimely demise, we never got to see it.

Well-said. I do wonder how they would have fed off each other within the film, had Ledger not died. But really, would the Joker have received much screentime at all? I honestly think he would've been reduced to a cameo like Scarecrow.

I wouldn't have expected much more than that.

Bane was supposed to be giving people hope before he destroyed them. I could see him releasing Joker as the first act of taking away their hope, and Bruce's while he is imprisoned. Upon Bruce's return, he would be the first person he takes down, the night he rendezvous' with Gordon, leaving Bruce with another ambiguous and enigmatic speech.

Some have suggested he'd kill Bane too, but I think that would be too much.

How the heck would the Joker kill Bane? I'm not sure he'd be able to lay a single finger on him.

Joker wouldn't be reduced to a mere cameo in any Bat film.

He should be able to though. If anyone would have done it, it would have been Nolan.

Also forgetting Jack Napier's cameo in Batman Forever.

I only saw 3/4s of the movie, so I didn't catch the Joker cameo. :oldrazz: (if it was in the beginning)

Anyways, I still stand by my opinion. After TDK, Joker was to big to only have a cameo for the sequel. Bane might have second thoughts of releasing Joker, but he'll release him. Maybe thinking he could control him. Joker takes Bane's plans and turns it on itself. Then a final confrontation with Batman.

If Heath was alive, TDKR would be a vastly different movie. I see it as Batman vs Bane vs Joker

As said, I can't see the king of chaos ever working with the king of control.

Bane wanted to kill Batman and destroy Gotham. Everything Joker was not interested in. Joker wanted to break Gotham's spirit and turned it into a hopeless city rife with chaos. He wanted to keep Batman around because he got a sick thrill out of challenging him.

Joker and Bane would clash completely.

No.

Bane might accept The Joker's help, but The Joker will inevitably turn on him.

Nope, Joker would hate Bane for his seriousness

Joker would probably have Bane die for his own amusement

More like Bane would break every bone in the clowns body and leave him as a blabbering invalid.

If Catwoman can obliterate Bane, then Joker sure as hell can :oldrazz: :D

Bane would work with Joker if it needs to happen to further his goal. Perhaps use the Joker to pour more gasoline in the burning, rising fire that is society, which the Joker would happily comply to. Bane, being the not dumb guy that he is, would know that the Joker is only giving off the appearance of being content to play second fiddle to him, hence why he will surely have made preparations to contain the Joker after a certain time. The Joker, being the also not dumb, charismatic, adorable creature that he is, would surely know that Bane knows that he plays second to know one, and would obviously have made plans to counter Bane's plan. Bane, being not dumb, would realize that the Joker knows that he plans to contain him and has likely made counter plans, would change his first plan as a trap to lure Joker in and make him think he has outsmarted Bane. But the Joker surely knows Bane would try this?

I think it'll all come down to who can reach the top of the layers and layers of plans and counter plans and red herrings first.

My money's on the Joker.

Since Bane wanted to break Gotham's spirit first I could see him using the Joker for that end.The Joker would'nt know about Bane's true agenda and thus be misled in to helping the "revolution".In the end the bomb explodes and everyone dies.

It's a victory for both since Bane wants to die and Joker does'nt care about dying.

But if you're talking about a vs situation then the Joker gets owned bad,the only thing saving him from a complete beat down is the power of the screen writer/plot device which he had tons of in TDK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"