The Dark Knight Rises And the identity of the trigger man is a mystery !

NosfeRomas

Sidekick
Reaction score
I rewatched TDKR this afternoon and something clicked inside me when Bane delivered his stadium speech. In order to create panic and mistrust he told the people of Gotham that someone amongst them has the trigger to the bomb.What i got from his speech is a parable of what the Joker did in The Dark Knight. The Joker was the real bomb that started everything."This bomb is armed, this bomb is mobile" : That is the Joker being armed, dangerous and free roaming Gotham, escaping the cops and controlling everybody."And the identity of the trigger man is a mystery" : Joker's true identity, he came out of nowwhere, he is nobody and he was holding the trigger to each of the major characters' character fault."This annonymous Gothamite, this unsung hero" : Joker could be a Gothamite and deffinitely for Bane an unsung hero, because he did bring chaos, he did expose the people of Gotham and in TDKR he seemed forgotten.What do you think ? is it a little far fetched ?

Didn't Talia have the trigger?

I do think in some waysways, Talia was TDKR's extension of the pure evil represented by The Joker in TDK. With her monologue about "the slow knife", I couldn't help but be reminded of Joker saying "guns are too quick" and his preference for knives as a means of feeling all the emotions of a kill. There's definitely a lust for violence and punishment there in both characters.

But in terms of Joker literally being in TDKR, lol nah. Talia was the trigger man, obviously.

Two thumbs up.

G2RdSKe.jpg
G2RdSKe.jpg

It's a fairly ingenious aspect of Bane's plan because it makes it appear to the outside world that when Gotham ignites it will because one of its own citizens pressed the button. That his apparent social revolution resulted in the destruction of the city by the people. It's just like Ra's intention to use the fear toxin to level the city from within and have the people "eat each other". So that Gotham (the "greatest city" as it is called) would be an example to the rest of the world.

Yes i know that Talia was the actual trigger man, the litteral one but hearing Bane's monologue i could help but make a connection to the Joker.

It's a fairly ingenious aspect of Bane's plan because it makes it appear to the outside world that when Gotham ignites it will because one of its own citizens pressed the button. That his apparent social revolution resulted in the destruction of the city by the people. It's just like Ra's intention to use the fear toxin to level the city from within and have the people "eat each other". So that Gotham (the "greatest city" as it is called) would be an example to the rest of the world.

This guy gets it. :up:

I've never though of it that way, because all I can think when I hear that line is how awful the sound team's attempt to match it with the rest of the speech is :csad:

For one of you holds the detonator!

This thread confuses me.

I get that fans would like to take everything in a metaphorical sense with Nolan's trilogy, but Talia always had the trigger as she was a "citizen" as Miranda Tate.

No because Happy sums up nicely, The League of Shadows does not have the same goals as the Joker. They use Chaos as a means of control. The Joker uses Chaos to bring down the system. And as the ending for TDK kinda shows. The Joker is cheater.

League philosophy aside, the mystery triggerman is another safeguard against the military simply marching on Gotham and putting down Bane and his mercenaries. It helps make the No Man's Land scenario/reference more plausible.

It was really about Gotham destroying itself because it was so corrupt. Although I think Bane made it more about Gotham destroying itself because that's what Ras would have wanted haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"