The Force Awakens could this be the film that restores my faith in Star Wars

Tony Stark

Armored Avenger!
Reaction score
I grew up with Star Wars. I was 6 years old when the first movie came out and I collected every toy, saw Empire and Jedi opening day and for 16 years I waited for the prequels to come out.

Suffice it to say, I was not happy with them. In fact they suck and I have very little desire to ever watch them again.

Aside from Ewan McGreggor and Ian McDiarmid, I thought the whole cast sucked.

To this day, I have a sour note on Star Wars because of how much of a let down they were to me.

I had a similar feeling after Star Trek Nemesis came out, only compounded by how much I hated Star Trek Voyager. Enterprise started out promising, but quickly delved into depths which it never could recover.

But in 2009 J.J. Abrams reminded me of why I loved Star Trek so much. With a new cast of characters who brought new life to fan favorites. It was exciting, it was fun, it was funny, and I cheered and applauded at the end.

Could Episode VII do that for Star Wars? That's what I want to see from this project. Let's get back to the heart of what Star Wars is about, and it's not about the green screen and CGI.

One of the many beauties of Abram's Star Trek, is that he shot it, using a great deal of old fashioned film making and practical effects, and REAL SETS. The whole "used universe" thing got thrown out the windows with the prequels. I hope they get back to the basics.

One of the many beauties of Abram's Star Trek, is that he shot it, using a great deal of old fashioned film making and practical effects, and REAL SETS. The whole "used universe" thing got thrown out the windows with the prequels. I hope they get back to the basics.

The pristine textures of the PT contrast to the OT to convey a sense of deterioration over the nineteen year gap. The Old Republic would've seemed less grand if the PT had had that same worn look.

Anyway, your diary entry sure as heck doesn't need its own thread.

the pt was visually awful. using cgi green screens for sets is incredibly lazy and no matter how good the cgi is, it always looks fake because there is no depth to the scene. you can see the actors are not really standing there on a fully constructed set.

hopefully the new film goes back to using fully constructed sets. use cgi to enhance, not for the whole thing.

Real sets are indeed better. I agree with the thought process of making the PT look "clean", but the delivery was... cartoony at times.

That's the biggest problem is the PT is mostly CGI vomit. The biggest offender was the clone facility in AotC, and next the cartoony aliens in the pod races. I hope they go back to a more grounded approach with the aliens. The universe needs to have a more tangible feel to it, as the OT did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"