What would you have done in the x-men origins:wolverine

nikos52

Civilian
Reaction score
Well, the studio says that if you want to make a wolverine movie, it has to be an origin. What do you do...go!

Personally, i would show wolverine with the weapon x team for a while. Maybe plant some seeds for a Deadpool spin-off.

I think that if you divide the movie into 3 parts, i would want the weapon x team in the first part!

Then, i'd show wolverine years later, maybe keep the storyline with his girlfriend. I mean, this is a movie, you have to have a romantic interest. That's part 2, how he gains the adamantium skeleton.

In part 3, i would want wolverine getting revenge from weapon x. Really unleash the animal on them. I would abandon the plot about him freeing other mutants. I would maybe side him with Sabretooth against a threat...maybe a good version of Deadpool who is just doing it for they paycheck.

I would have Wolverine being experimented on and treated as an animal in Weapon X and would have many flashbacks of his life before (expecially events from The Origin, one of my favourites) and in the end have wolvie losing his memories, gaining his adamantium and runing away

i like both suggestions...i think they could have still done that in the movie..mother f****s sold this awesome character for money!!!!

i still don't see why they don't make a 15(not sure what that is in america) rated wolverine movie. Would it lose them a lot of the younger fans maybe?

I'm not american but i think it's R rated there

I would have Wolverine being experimented on and treated as an animal in Weapon X and would have many flashbacks of his life before (expecially events from The Origin, one of my favourites) and in the end have wolvie losing his memories, gaining his adamantium and runing away

This.

I would adapt Origin for first 30-45 Minutes.Then show Wolverine as soldier,
and getting recruited Into Team X.The ending should be wolverine getting
Adamanturm,losing memory and escaping.

Yes!

Open in Weapon X with the operation. Logan breaks free, kills the soldiers, and escapes.

With no memories, the first act is essentially him fending for himself in the wild, seeing him uses his different abilities. Throughout there are momentary flashes of memory; the wars, Sabretooth, Silverfox.

Act two starts with him being discovered and taken in by James and Heather Hudson. They help him recover his humanity, and through them Logan is recruited into Department H, hoping they can help him find out who he is....

I'm still working out the rest but it ends with him leaving Alpha Flight and going out on his own.

I have not read any of the 'Origins' story with the James Howlett stuff, so I'm just going to go with what was already in the movie, and talk about how I would have improved it using elements from the Wolverine comics I have read, and making my own sh** up.

Ok, same opening with him as a kid, except, stay with that for the first half hour, show him and Victor fending for themselves as they discover their own capabilities as mutants.
Just do an Oliver Twist type of deal, have them survive as thieves, before being taken in by a gang of kid thieves run by a Fagin type, or older teenagers or something. Victor begins to get into the whole villan thing here, finding himself, while Logan is torn between a loyalty to his brother, fear of being alone and caught for the murder of his father, and getting the hell away from this life, that does not feel right to him.

Show some incident with his healing factor being brought into play, showing it full capabilities, maybe he gets stabbed by another kid in an argument, Victor thinks Logan is dead and kills the kid, he is about to take on the whole gang, when Logan wakes up fully healed and back to life, they fight their way out and escape.
We should have seen something like this in the film, the first time Logan finds out the true capabilities of his healing factor to bring him back to life from deadly injuries.

Cut to them as adults in the trenches of the Civil War, which then segues into WWII and the Vietman war, much like the opening credits, except give us dialouge heavy and extended action for the Vietnam sequences, showing us just how psychotic Victor has become as his revelry in his own power has been barely held in check, given free reign completely in this particular war, keep the end the same as we got, with them going to work with Stryker.

eh, I think i'd just do what the film did with the Weapon X team, just show the one mission, but y'know, make it more ambitious, and get Logan involved in the proceedings this time, show him doing something pretty bad/ruthless in the course of the mission(to fit in with Stryker's line in X2 about him being a bad guy in the past), maybe just losing it in a beserker rage and taking out a bunch of those crimainl jewel dealers, where he did not need to.
But, have the same end up, where he draws the line at slaughtering innocents and leaves the team as a result, but in the process he almost kills Victor in the resulting fight.

Now, cut to the same story here with Silver Fox, keep it pretty much the same kind of thing, but, when he confronts Sabretooth, have the resulting fight go on just like in Wolverine issue 10, an extended hunt/fight in the snow covered wilderness, make it go on for about twenty minutes, it should be much like the Vader/Luke fight at the end of ESB, with Victor of course coming out like his namesake.

No plot with SF still being alive, Victor really does kill her, in retribution for Logan betraying him and almost killing him, as he feels he has been loyal to Logan his whole life. He kills SF because in his mind she has taken the place of himself in Logan's affections.
Sabretooth being more outright psychotic, like he was in the early comics.

After this fight with Sabretooth, Logan is pushed beyond where his healing factor has ever taken him before, Stryker comes in to scoop up the pieces, and he wakes up under the knife in the operating theatre getting the adamantium feed into him.
the process takes away all of Logans' memories.

I have not read the BWS story, but I got the gist from the animated adaption and flashbacks in other books, keep it much the same way, with Logan fighting his way out in an animalistic state, before being taken in by the a couple(but not the Hudsons, too complicated to bring in that whole other Alpha Flight story).
Show a montage type deal of him being nursed back to sanity over the course of a few months, with a couple of pivotal scenes, the metal claws being unleashed for the first time when Logan wakes in bed, and 'Heather' calming him down etc.

The military tracks Logan down when a local recognises him when he answers the door at the 'Hudson's'(there are 'Wanted' posters pasted throughout the area saying Logan is wanted for murder, so he is reported when recognised.) They try to capture him for brainwashing purposes.
Logan kills them all, same scene as the movie with the motorbike, and decides to track down this organisation he suspects is responsible for his condition and memory loss.
He gets flashes of memories surfacing(much like in X2), some of the experiment, but mainly those of Silver Fox and Victor.

Following these flashes of repressed memories, he finds his cabin in the mountains where Silver Fox was killed, discovers mementos, photos, and her diary, and pieces together what happened. He gets wind of Victor's scent from the cabin and tracks Sabretooth and the secret military base down. There he frees Gambit, and they both take on a group of mutants, along with Sabretooth, freeing all the captured mutants the government has been experimenting on.

(No cyclops origin here, keep that for an X-Men prequel movie, but have Prof X appear at the end to pick up some of the freed mutants)

Sabretooth escapes, but is hurt badly, at the end of the film, we see Stryker putting Sabretooth through an experimental process, saying he could not withsatnd the adamantium bonding process, but this work will make him bigger and stronger, in a way that will make him a match for Wolverine next time they meet.
He emerges from the process looking much like Tyler Mane did in X-Men1. The process wipes Victor's memory blank, and his appearance is such that it explians why Logan does not recognise him in the later film.

Last edited:
first off i just want to address that X-Men Origins:Wolverine wasnt really that bad a movie... it had a plot, interesting characters and if it wasnt actually based on wolverine then it would of made for a great story.

But heres the thing. Too many fans peed off that the story wasnt like the comics or that cheesey 90's cartoon. Personally i feel what they did with the story was good... i mean you had to cram in 80% of how wolverine ended up like he did at the start of x-men 1 and it did that.

The only thing i would of done was not to include characters that wasnt necessary for the story. For example Gambit, Blob... they were just thrown in under demand.

--- Ok so what would i have done ---

Well i would ove loved to see Wolverine be a 3 part story, a trilogy of movies that is a story of self discovery and a journey to how he became like he did in x1.

Wolverine Part 1
> This story would be inspired by the comic book stories of (Origins) in which you would have a Young James Howlett, Dog & Rose as Kids, powers manifest and James & Rose go on the run. Rose acting as the love interest in the story. Dog being the half brother of James was left behind and brought up by James grandfather... As James now under the name Logan and Rose live a life in a small comunity. Dog is sent to hunt them down, making everyones lives a misary. The story would differ from the comics as Logan is outed as a mutant by the community, due to Dog's attacks. of which the they go to hunt Logan down but Rose ends up dying. Logan resents humanity and goes on the run but is met up by Dog who convinces him that because there brothers they are both in the same world and will always be outcasts.

Wolverine Part 2
> Would feature stories from the weapon x comics... Where you have Logan & Dog fighting in every war in the past few decades, (Much like the intro credits to X-Men Origins: Wolverine) The story would feature Logan & Dog becoming Wolverine & Sabretooth - and how they slowly become inducted into Weapon X by the goverment. Silver Fox would lead as the new love interest for Wolverine, which brings jealously with Sabretooth. The Weapon X team is pretty much then pulled apart by Sabretooth who Wolverine realises caused everything that happened in the previous movie. With Sabretooth on the rampage and killing silverfox. Wolverine agrees to the get the adamantum to stop Sabretooth which turns out as a betrayle as Sabretooth was working for weapon x and the whole process was to test out the adamantum bonding process and use him as the ultimate mutant killer. But wolverine escapes after destroying the weapon x facility. However learning that Silverfox is alive, he heads to Japan to find her.

Wolverine Part 3 - based on the wolverine comics were its based in japan sees wolverine up against the silver samuri. the story will see Wolverine in an attempt to rescue Silverfox, after fighting against sabretooth and defeating him but cutting off his head. The story concludes with Wolverine up against Omega Red an agent working for the silver samuri. It will end with Wolverine and Omega Red fighting and both thrown into the ocean where wolverine is inpaled in the brain by one of Omega Red's carbodum things... after the credits you see wolverine wash up ashore in Alaska.

You cant do a good wolverine origin in 1 movie it would have to be a trilogy or at least a 2 parter.

I would do it as like character layers

First movie would be Wolverine: The Man.
so the first movie would focus on the base layer of wolverine, him learning of his powers (healing, Bone claws, enhanced senses) and developing them, learning how to fight and would basically show how wolverine the man was made. So the whole movie would be before Weapon X show him growing up, seeing him, dog and rose, have him living as a miner he accidentally kills rose, goes into the wilderness lives with the wolves and develops his senses. comes back, meets silver fox and sabertooth kills her.

Have him going to world war 1, fighting in the trenches then shipping to japan to train with ogun then he meets itsu, they fall in love have sex, shes murdered and he doesnt know he has a son but maybe you like show the baby or something real quick like after logans gone or something idk, foreshadowing!

have him come back to canada, show him during his Spy days or whatever which would lead into world war 2, meeting captain america, i would definatly put that in lol.

then i would end the movie with him being approached by like Striker or someone to join Team X.

Second Movie would be Wolverine: The Weapon.
Show him being transformed into Wolverine

Have it pick up with him in Team X, hes got the memory implants, hes on his first super hero team sort of like a precursor to the xmen show sabertooth and have silver fox come back and shock him. have him escape from Team X. then get tricked back into Weapon X, show the adamantium grafting process, his memory loss, breaking out and not knowing who he is.

Then show him trying to recover trying to find out who he is, meeting the hudsons then eventually being recruited back into Canadian intelligence and working for them, maybe show a bit of him with alpha flight and him being sent to fight the hulk and wendigo although i dont know if that would work.

Second movie ends with him Receiving orders to assassinate a powerful mutant (you see a picture of Charles Xavier) and him grabbing his gear and heading out.

So yea the third one, prolly wouldn't work, you would have to make like Xmen 4 or like First class 2 and Wolverine 3 merge into one movie or something and have it start with wolverine going to assassinate professor X but then him having his memory wiped and joining the Xmen then it picks up into an Xmen Movie.

Yea thats what i would do.

Last edited:
Going to admit up front, I stopped reading comics well before Wolvie's origin story was finally written (and I'm not sure I'd like it any better than this movie) so this whole mess with he and Sabretooth being brothers and their being in a team with Wade Wilson, etc... turns my stomach.

Having said that, one very simple thing would have made this movie much more enjoyable. Balls. Every movie I watch a movie with Wolverine in it he's stumbling around, second guessing, getting beaten up, etc... In these insipid movies good has to equal defensive underdog. What they don't grasp is, while Wolverine is a good guy, he's also brutal, aggressive, and matter-of-fact. He doesn't dwell on decisions or events. He processes and moves on.

Oh, and he can also smell the freaking difference between a dead person and a live person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"