• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Could water replace gasoline as fuel for cars?

So you piss into your car, and you have 93 octane?

Nice.

...goes to watch the vid


Edit after watching vid- Dude!:eek:

That's ****ing sweet
 
He got 100 miles on four ounces of water. OMG that's awesome. :eek: :up:
 
Didn't Mythbusters already debunked that?
 
Holy crap, that flame is hotter then the sun.
 
Lord Siva said:
Nope. Whoa wait, I thought you were deaf?
The genius that is Morg, probably deuced what we're talking about without even hitting the link.
 
I don't know. I'm skeptical. There has to be a catch in there somewhere. I would need to hear an indepth debate on this issue from some scientists. Would this cause a water shortage? Is it going to destroy the earth even quicker than oil? We need some definite answers.
 
Spider-Bite said:
I don't know. I'm skeptical. There has to be a catch in there somewhere. I would need to hear an indepth debate on this issue from some scientists. Would this cause a water shortage? Is it going to destroy the earth even quicker than oil? We need some definite answers.

The used water comes out as water vapor from the exhaust pipe, like hydrogen. So we never lose water, and it's so clean you can drink it.
 
Enviro-Loons: No you can't drop a fuel line into the ocean! Think of all the plankton!
 
Immortalfire said:
Enviro-Loons: No you can't drop a fuel line into the ocean! Think of all the plankton!

They nutters probally will say BS like that.
 
Lord Siva said:
The used water comes out as water vapor from the exhaust pipe, like hydrogen. So we never lose water, and it's so clean you can drink it.

I saw that, but is it really that clean? or is there merely something undetectable in there?
 
Spider-Bite said:
I saw that, but is it really that clean? or is there merely something undetectable in there?

I saw a dude drink a liter of it on the tv.
 
Lord Siva said:
I saw a dude drink a liter of it on the tv.

I just smoked a cigarette. That doesn't mean that it's harmless. It could take 10 years for something to show up for all we know. Or what if the water doesn't recycle in nature properly after it's been used for this, or used for this over and over again. For all we know it could totally muck up our atmosphere.

I'm not saying this will do this. This is completely totally worth taking a close look at, and a big investigation. I mean man, this could change everything.

Unless the oil companies patent this and don't let anybody use it.
 
Now THAT is what I call a useful invention!
I hope it turns out to be as safe as they say.
 
It reminds me of the plot from that Keanu Reeves movie, "Chain Reaction"

chain_reaction.jpg
 
Spider-Bite said:
I just smoked a cigarette. That doesn't mean that it's harmless. It could take 10 years for something to show up for all we know. Or what if the water doesn't recycle in nature properly after it's been used for this, or used for this over and over again. For all we know it could totally muck up our atmosphere.

I'm not saying this will do this. This is completely totally worth taking a close look at, and a big investigation. I mean man, this could change everything.

Unless the oil companies patent this and don't let anybody use it.
They'd have to buy the patent from the dude
 
Morg said:
Didn't Mythbusters already debunked that?

They debunked a version of it, yes. It was total bs when they tried it under lab conditions.
 
If that's real that's fing awesome low impact fuel constantly returned to the environment. Imagine using that as a hybrid with E85 ethanoyl.

It's going to ruin the economy in the middle east though.
 
NHawk19 said:
If that's real that's fing awesome low impact fuel constantly returned to the environment. Imagine using that as a hybrid with E85 ethanoyl.

It's going to ruin the economy in the middle east though.

The middle east can go **** it self.
 
If Kentucky was part of the Middle East, then I could say "they already do"
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
200,632
Messages
21,777,089
Members
45,615
Latest member
TheCat
Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"