Age of Ultron Countdown to the Age of Ultron

616 B.A.U.

ClPL0EI.jpg

Weird how Wasp has been in all these issues since Pym came back but still hasn't "rejoined" the team. And Widow claiming she's no longer under the Soviet's brainwashing.

615 B.A.U.

AIa0NXV.jpg

I had nearly forgot Wanda and Pietro lost their powers.

614 B.A.U.

Ht8mhSG.jpg

Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are taking a leave of absence from the Avengers since their powers are gone, but they show up in other things briefly in the interim. Here, they're just a Cap delusion though.

613 B.A.U.

Te8joI5.jpg

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver have begun to regain their powers and, interestingly enough, the writers set up the twins connection and true origin to Wundagore all the way back here. lol at Wanda having a Lamborghini 330 GT out of nowhere for no reason. Some shameless product placement there.

613 B.A.U.

Te8joI5.jpg

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver have begun to regain their powers and, interestingly enough, the writers set up the twins connection and true origin to Wundagore all the way back here. lol at Wanda having a Lamborghini 330 GT out of nowhere for no reason. Some shameless product placement there.

Wanda had a Lamborghini because Jack Kirby was itching to draw one. :cwink: Plus, Tony Stark paid the Avengers very well back in the day. I believe that Pietro drove a Porsche in at least one issue of The Avengers.

It just seemed really weird. Out of nowhere she's driving a Lambo up a mountainside racing Pietro. Like, lol.

And I haven't read anything regarding their pay yet, I didn't even realize they got paid. I thought mooching off his pent house was enough. :oldrazz:

It just seemed really weird. Out of nowhere she's driving a Lambo up a mountainside racing Pietro. Like, lol.

And I haven't read anything regarding their pay yet, I didn't even realize they got paid. I thought mooching off his pent house was enough. :oldrazz:

Back in the beginning, Tony donated use of the Stark Mansion in New York to the team and at some point gave the members a stipend for being on the team full time. He also kicked in for room and board, the services of the human butler Jarvis, all of those multi-million dollar Quinjets and all of their tech. The money came from the Maria Stark Foundation, set up to support the team in the name of Tony's late mother. Some members were independently wealthy (like Jan) or had other jobs to support themselves. But folks like Wanda & Pietro, Hawkeye and others were heroes by definition and either had no other skills or no time to use them, so Stark paid them.

Ahh okay. I knew he provided them living arrangements but not the rest. They're basically, sort of hired hands then.

612 B.A.U.

4Ac85pu.jpg

To take on Mimic Professor X goes out in search of new X-Men. He first approaches the Maximoffs who are still in Europe, but they let him firmly know that they are Avengers through and through and will go down as Avengers as well, so they can't join the X-Men. Wouldn't be surprised if this issue is one of the reasons Marvel can use the twins.

611 B.A.U.

5qvWCRE.jpg

And just when you think the twins are back with the Avengers...they're captured by an alien. Nice fake out with Wanda, didn't see that coming.

610 B.A.U.

nIYMh0F.jpg

Things are getting really crazy. Kind of weird to see a 7 member roster after it being just 4 just a few issues ago.

Unfortunatelly Mr.Dent won't be around for a while, in the meantime here is today's issue

609 B.A.U.

click

Hercules is exiled from Olympus and the Avengers offer him sanctuary, in the meantime S.H.I.E.L.D. asks Black Widow to serve as a double spy behind the red curtain.​

608 B.A.U.

click

Hawkeye is upset about Black Widow's suposed betrayal, The Avengers band together to stop the Mad Thinker's plan of stealing all of Tony Stark's inventions.

607 B.A.U.

5jyg4QP.jpg

And all of a sudden Wanda's feeling woosy. Twins just can't get a break with their powers.

Unfortunatelly Mr.Dent won't be around for a while, in the meantime here is today's issue

609 B.A.U.

click

Hercules is exiled from Olympus and the Avengers offer him sanctuary, in the meantime S.H.I.E.L.D. asks Black Widow to serve as a double spy behind the red curtain.​

Hercules is just Thor without his hammer. Roy Thomas put him in because Stan Lee wouldn't let him bring back Thor.

606 B.A.U.

MRyrvho.jpg

Hawkeye has problems with everyone he meets apparently lol. Him and Hercules already butting heads. The twins, Pietro particular, have to be the adults...which is weird.

606 B.A.U.

MRyrvho.jpg

Hawkeye has problems with everyone he meets apparently lol. Him and Hercules already butting heads. The twins, Pietro particular, have to be the adults...which is weird.

This is John Buscema's first issue. The art is now 100% improved.
I think the twins are 18 years old at this point. What do you think?

I was actually a fan John Heck's art in the first couple issues following #16 but after a while it did start to noticeably drop off, maybe around issue #21.

I'm not sure about the twins. I know everyone says they're around Cyclops' age around this time but as they're portrayed in the Avengers they seem older. I haven't really seen an indication of their age either way though, although they should obviously be over the age of 18 with them being able to country hop, live on their own, be on the Avengers, get paid, and drive Lamborghinis.

605 B.A.U.

n70axmR.jpg

Mr. Fantastic and Thing made a cameo. The twins doing their best to keep Hawkeye and Hercules from killing each other still while trying to help the Pyms.

611 B.A.U.

5qvWCRE.jpg

And just when you think the twins are back with the Avengers...they're captured by an alien. Nice fake out with Wanda, didn't see that coming.

Is there any link between the Ultroids and Ultron? Did Dr. Pym use Ultroid technology when designing Ultron? Is the similarity in names just a coincidence?

Not sure, I'll have to wait till I get to the Ultron stories. That would be interesting but there's probably no connection in-universe. Thomas probably just liked the Ultroids name for robots and decided to make it Ultron.

604 B.A.U.

ffxyXz6.jpg

lol Quicksilver flying. The art really is so much better.

603 B.A.U.

fR1eElk.jpg

And they finally save Black Widow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back