Age of Ultron Countdown to the Age of Ultron

589 B.A.U.

Sav246Z.jpg

Another great issue. Dat last page...dem feels. T.T

This was pretty much completely dedicated to telling how Vision came to be and his initiation into the Avengers. Really hope they have this in the movie...doubtful though.

I don't think the the Vision will appear in the Age of Ultron. I think Ant Man will be his creator instead.

I think they should have him in the film and keep Ultron as his creator. It's the ultimate representation of Ultron making the same mistakes as the humans he thinks are inferior and is a great way to cap a movie on him and defeat him. They can even have Spader play Vision (if he's so inclined).

588 B.A.U.

aLQjDnr.jpg

And the first time we see Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch since they left the Avengers is a year later in Stan Lee's Spider-Man run. Explains they escaped the island with Toad and when Quicksilver went to get in contact with the Avengers they were in Africa (Avengers 62), so he tries to bring in Spider-Man who is wanted to redeem himself.

Would love to know the story behind why they dropped the twins for so long with no explanation for nearly a year.

587 B.A.U.

qkUEYHV.jpg

The twins and Toad get saved by the X-Men from Sentinels.

586 B.A.U.

zaxg3Pi.jpg

Just a quick appearance by the twins in a room with a bunch of other mutants.

585 B.A.U.

LEYX6VE.jpg

So after two years the twins are finally back in Avengers comics with Quicksilver returning with his classic blue outfit. Him, Wanda, and Toad went to Europe to figure out some way to get Wanda's powers back when they accidentally unleash Akron through a spell.

You skipped over an Ultron story in issues 66-68. It features the introduction of adamantium.

John Buscema in Avengers 75 established the Scarlet Witch's default appearance. Her hair in previous Avengers issues had been black, but is now brown. Her leotard is now strapless. The ridges in her boots are gone, and they are flat against her calves. Artists would change Wanda's costume over the years, but eventually Wanda would always come back to the default look established here.
Wanda's amnesia is gone, but she still doesn't have her powers back.

Oh crap you're right fffffff-. Uhhh, ****. I guess I'll do that after this arc.

You know why they decided to ice the twins for basically two years in the comics with the exception of that TASM issue and the quick appearance in X-Men?

584 B.A.U.

1rrD63v.jpg
[/img]​

The romance between Wanda and Akron was actually kind of touching. And she got her powers restored by crossing the Great Barrier.

584 B.A.U.

1rrD63v.jpg
[/img]​

The romance between Wanda and Akron was actually kind of touching. And she got her powers restored by crossing the Great Barrier.

Hawkeye/Goliath and Black Widow break up in this issue. After this, Hawkeye would transfer his affections to Wanda.

583 B.A.U.

jYsynkY.jpg
[/img]​

Backtracking to this here Ultron arc, we see Jan get mysteriously attacked, and of course the attack is revealed to be Ultron-6 in the last page. Art here was really good.

583 B.A.U.

jYsynkY.jpg
[/img]​

Backtracking to this here Ultron arc, we see Jan get mysteriously attacked, and of course the attack is revealed to be Ultron-6 in the last page. Art here was really good.

This is the issue that Thor and Iron Man return to the regular lineup, after 50 issues of having been away.

582 B.A.U.

6YBV3M2.jpg
[/img]​

Ultron attacking the Avengers on a super bike lol.

581 B.A.U.

9CZ2VZK.jpg

If there's any issue you need to see just how angry Ultron is at the Avengers and humanity and the way they should portray him in the movie then I would recommend this one.

580 B.A.U.

EczdBAO.jpg

Moving back forward, this issue starts out with the Avengers appearing to be randomly destroying a building. Turns out they're in debt, due to their relation to Tony Stark, to a profiteer named Van Lunt.

579 B.A.U.

WkGCVzl.jpg

Avengers show guest star in Incredible Hulk for what I think is the first time. I'm really interested in how they're going to portray the Hulk in AOU because in the (classic) comics he really never stays on the Avengers roster for long. He's a loner like Spider-Man.

578 B.A.U.

daorg7a.jpg

Taking on Black Panther's archnemesis Man-Ape, who seems to target Captain America for revenge for some reason (not really though).

577 B.A.U.

9ZCfHdN.jpg

Weird seeing Vision put on a human mask lol. But he leaves at the end. I wonder did they retcon out Quicksilver's flying power?

576 B.A.U.

Le8yrus.jpg

Well, he said he was leaving. Guess not. lol.

575 B.A.U.

OjoiE7p.jpg

Beginning of the classic romance :D

574 B.A.U.

CJ23Oea.jpg

Tentacle rape this issue. Great seeing Black Panther and Daredevil interact.

573 B.A.U.

yS1YMuN.jpg

I think this is the first time Black Widow has appeared in an Avengers comic with her updated, most well known look.

573 B.A.U.

yS1YMuN.jpg

I think this is the first time Black Widow has appeared in an Avengers comic with her updated, most well known look.

I love this issue. Black Widow didn't look that good before, but now she is really hot. Too bad that she broke up with Hawkeye.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"