Age of Ultron Countdown to the Age of Ultron

572 B.A.U.

eAEcRzk.jpg

I think Scarlet Witch having visions in her sleep becomes a theme of the book lol.

Wanda having prophetic dreams shows that her powers aren't just mutant-based. She has a mystical side as well.

571 B.A.U.

FRtZk9Y.jpg

Very high paced issue. Lot of stuff happening with Quicksilver sort of taking the league. It's interesting to watch how Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver's roles have been upped a little since their return.

570 B.A.U.

xcZLLvF.jpg

Continuing on from last issue, the Avengers are trapped in Nighthawk's world where everything is melting. Vision brings a very interesting idea at the end of the issue when they returned though, as to whether they returned to their own world or a different one identical to their own. Pretty foreboding, I don't know if it was ever picked up on again but if it wasn't, it would be a cool thing for a writer now, 10 years or so later Marvel time, to pick up on the idea that they never returned to their own world.

569 B.A.U.

1USBoZK.jpg

BP "origin story". Basically storytime by T'Challa. It's sort of weird how he was around for years and just got an origin story at the time of this issue. The twins are even worse I guess, their origin wasn't explained in-depth until issue 187 lol.

Also, I can see so much of Chiwetel Ejiofor in T'Challa in this issue, especially around the eyebrows.

568 B.A.U.

bkF2fNA.jpg

Just skimmed through this issue but Mr. Fantastic had a cameo.

565 B.A.U.

dzsaSBW.jpg

Avengers continue to deal with Kree politics.

564 B.A.U.

zONOjay.jpg

The original three show up to reprimand the current roster after they eff up.

To think of what I lost in the floods of 86 boggles my mind sometimes

563 B.A.U.

U5s9tfh.jpg

This issue was crazy. First we have Pym showing up as Ant-Man and going inside Vision to fix him. Very trippy stuff and the art was great. Then we find out the Avengers from last issue were Skrulls.

This is one of the best issues of Avengers ever. Ant Man's trip through the Vision is probably the best thing he ever did.

I'm not sure how I feel about magic being used in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. If it's accepted that there are mystical powers in the universe, why go to the trouble of having Asgardians as aliens, rather than gods?

I realise that Thor was the product of an entirely different crew than Avengers, but surely Marvel gave them the go-ahead to make these adaptations for the big screen.

I'm not sure how I feel about magic being used in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. If it's accepted that there are mystical powers in the universe, why go to the trouble of having Asgardians as aliens, rather than gods?

There's no particular reason Wanda's powers have to be magical; for years they were defined as some kind of mutant power to change probability, and gradually shifted toward magic because the stuff she did didn't make sense either as a mutant power or a probability power. But if they're introducing her for the first time they can make her powers whatever they want.

There's no particular reason Wanda's powers have to be magical; for years they were defined as some kind of mutant power to change probability, and gradually shifted toward magic because the stuff she did didn't make sense either as a mutant power or a probability power. But if they're introducing her for the first time they can make her powers whatever they want.

Awesome post - i'd be really happy with this!

562 B.A.U.

6R7ZCiw.jpg

SUPER SKRULL. MANDROIDS. Awesome issue. This was the first appearance of the Mandroids as well.

561 B.A.U.

A9bOnWs.jpg

And the Inhumans get in on the Kree-Skrull action...or at least Triton does. Meanwhile Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are still captured.

560 B.A.U.

sUDA8F0.jpg

Twins are still captured but they're broken out by Captain Marvel.

559 B.A.U.

OzlXBFW.jpg

The twins back in action kicks Skrull ash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"