Couple of Iron Man and Hulk questions

Sundancer

Cynicist
Reaction score
Around which vol. and issue did Tony develop his problem with alcohol?

Around which vol. and issue did the gray appearance of the Hulk first come back? And when did he become Joe Fixit?

The gray Hulk returned in Volume 2 of TIH #324, and regularly appeared until issue #377 with The "Merged" Professor Hulk taking over. The first appearance of Joe Fixit took place in Volume 2. #347 after it was assumed that the gray hulk had perished.

Sorry, cant help ya on Iron Man. :o

Around which vol. and issue did Tony develop his problem with alcohol?

I can tell you that the story arc that focused on his alcoholism started in vol. I issue number 163 in the year 1982.In the story Stark loses controling interest of Stark Enterprises, becomes homeless and turns over his his Ironman armor to Jim Rhodes, who becomes the new Iron Man.

I'm not sure if Tony ever had a problem with alcohol before then.

Stark had his first bout with the bottle about 35 issues, and three years, earlier. He was first shown to be drinking too much around issue 120 when a cell of hardliners within SHIELD tried to assasinate him because he stopped manufacturing weapons for SHIELD. It all came to a head eight or nine issues later in "Demon in a Bottle", (don't remember the exact issue number), when Stark managed to conquor his addiction, at least for a while, after almost succumbing when SHIELD took control of Stark International. Tony got control back the next issue btw, but I think it was an editorial descision. It was too rushed a resolution. I'm pretty sure David and Bob were planning at least a 3-issue arc.

Stark had his first bout with the bottle about 35 issues, and three years, earlier. He was first shown to be drinking too much around issue 120 when a cell of hardliners within SHIELD tried to assasinate him because he stopped manufacturing weapons for SHIELD. It all came to a head eight or nine issues later in "Demon in a Bottle", (don't remember the exact issue number), when Stark managed to conquor his addiction, at least for a while.

Iron Man #128

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"