Creative talent (directors, writers, actors) that would get you genuinely excited for the MCU again?

Darkprime

Sidekick
Reaction score
Get someone like Jon Favreau, The Russo Brothers, Marcus and McFeely, Kenneth Branagh involved in a mcu production again and my hype would skyrocket.

I find this to be a hard question because a lot of otherwise great creatives may not do well within the environment of a Cinematic Universe where they have to take into account how their movie fits in with other peoples' work. Like if Edgar Wright had stayed on for Ant-Man that might've just led to more frustration between him and Marvel Studios in a bad way. And I think the same could happen with a lot of creatives who are more on the "visionary" or "auteur" side of the spectrum.

The Duffer Brothers would get me pretty pumped. I think bringing in fresh talent is the way to go, especially talent that's seen wild success in the TV world. And they obviously know how to collaborate with multiple creatives on episodic storytelling. Marvel has really lost the thread there for me, so that's how I think they find it in an exciting way.

Russo Brothers returning would be eXciting. But that movie would be in a LOT of pressure, just for the sake that those two directed Endgame/Infinity War. Their neXt Marvel movie must be great if not better to completely live up to eXpectations.

That's never going to happen.

A man can dream though. Unfortunately Marvel and DC in their infinite wisdom (sarcasm) turned both down. Cameron for Spider-Man, Spielberg for Superman; both directors were legitimately into depicting these heroes. Both were turned down. It's akin to how DC burned bridges with Robin Williams over how they treated him during the first Batman film.

Last edited:
Cord Jefferson:
He won an Emmy for his work as writer on the HBO Watchmen (2019) series and made his directorial debut last year with American Fiction which was nominated for Best Picture and won Best Adapted Screenplay.

Matt Reeves:
Director of The Batman (2022), War of the Planet of the Apes (2017), and Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014)

Gina Prince-Blythewood:
Director of The Woman King (2022), The Old Guard (2020), Beyond the Lights (2014), and Love & Basketball (2000)

Damon Lindelof:
Showrunner for Watchmen (2019) and Mrs. Davis (2023)

Gary Ross:
Director of Pleasantville (1998), Seabiscuit (2003), and Hunger Games (2011)

Francis Lawrence:
Director of Constantine (2005), I Am Legend (2007), Water for Elephants (2011), and Hunger Games films (2014-2023)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"