Crimes against Cinema

cerealkiller182

Must Get Deadpool Avatar
Reaction score
I once saw this article called Top 100 crimes against cinema. I didn't buy the mag but when i went back to find it I couldnt find it anywhere.

It had a few funny things like Ashton Kutcher and other unlikable filmmakers as crimes themselves.

One I that stuck out though was Scorsese losing Best Picture or Best Diretor for Goodfellas to Dancing with Wolves. I definitely like it better and I am still mad it took so long for Scorsese to get it. THe Departed was good but sometimes I wonder if it was a mercy win.

Also Taxi Driver didnt get a Best Pic. Rocky won that year. I love Rocky but Taxi Driver is the superior film. Didnt even get a Director nom.

Anybody else think of crimes against cinema?

I already see millions of posts about Uwe Boll and Jar Jar Binks. Not that I dont agree but Im kinda hoping for some creativity.

the "black people" comedies like Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins that all star the same actors like Cedric the Entertainer and Monique. If I was an black person I'd be offended that the only serious movies they get involve Denzel Washington.

the "black people" comedies like Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins that all star the same actors like Cedric the Entertainer and Monique. If I was an black person I'd be offended that the only serious movies they get involve Denzel Washington.
And Morgan Freeman.

I once saw this article called Top 100 crimes against cinema. I didn't buy the mag but when i went back to find it I couldnt find it anywhere.

It had a few funny things like Ashton Kutcher and other unlikable filmmakers as crimes themselves.

One I that stuck out though was Scorsese losing Best Picture or Best Diretor for Goodfellas to Dancing with Wolves. I definitely like it better and I am still mad it took so long for Scorsese to get it. THe Departed was good but sometimes I wonder if it was a mercy win.

Also Taxi Driver didnt get a Best Pic. Rocky won that year. I love Rocky but Taxi Driver is the superior film. Didnt even get a Director nom.

I already see millions of posts about Uwe Boll and Jar Jar Binks. Not that I dont agree but Im kinda hoping for some creativity.

Both those obsevations are a matter of opinion.
But I will say the true crime is the absurd amount of people you can find that have never even seen Taxi Driver.

It was a crime The Fountain didnt get nominated for anything.

Crimes against Cinema:

Chariots of Fire "score" winning Oscar over Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Brett Ratner doing anything that doesn't involve wearing a headset and asking people if they want to "biggie size" it.

Michael Bay.

Halle Berry winning an Oscar.

Paul Walker, in anything that doesn't involve riding on the back of a big truck and taking people's trash.

The prequels are a crime against the originals.

And I still can't believe Halle Berry has an Oscar. For acting. Eh..

the fact that terry gilliam cant get money for his adaptation of good omens

Jason Friedberg and Aaron Seltzer

The Simpsons Movie getting snubbed from the 2008 Academy Awards

Jar Jar Binks

. . . And what was so wrong with Vangelis's Chariots of Fire score (not that it was superior to Raiders, but it's not a bad score)?

. . . And what was so wrong with Vangelis's Chariots of Fire score (not that it was superior to Raiders, but it's not a bad score)?

I didn't say anything was wrong with it. It was only memorable for ONE track, as I owned the soundtrack and found the rest of the score pretty mediocre. I think the Academy had their heads up their asses and don't take that category seriously sometimes...I mean the WHOLE Raiders OST is beautiful, not just the one Raider's March main theme. I think the award should reflect the quality of the entire score.

But anyway, Raiders March >>> Chariots of Fire anyday.. :woot:

in a way although he seems to be in a supporting role more than a leading roll

will smith?

obviously there are other black actors other than Denzel but I don't see them featured in too many primarily black movies. Soul Plane, Who's Your Caddy and Backyard BBQ or whatever are a few more movies that come to mind

Kinda off topic, but mercy win or not The Departed was still Best Picture that year. :)

I do feel like it is the same cast in those films, just a different star.

Disney movies getting half of the "Best Song" nominations at the Oscars EVERY DAMNED YEAR.

JENNIFER HUDSON winning a f**king Oscar.

Matthew Lillard starring in a Uwe Boll movie.

Romeo Must Die.

Nicolas Cage's performance in Ghost Rider.

Catwoman (CINO).

Yeah, like the "white people" comedies that all star the same actors too, right? :whatever: :whatever:

-TNC

Denzel winning an oscar for training day..and not for Malcom X..wtf

The prequels are a crime against the originals.

And I still can't believe Halle Berry has an Oscar. For acting. Eh..

She made it look like she was having sex with Billy Bob.... AND ENJOYING IT.

Oscar-worthy.

She made it look like she was having sex with Billy Bob.... AND ENJOYING IT.

Oscar-worthy.
*holds hands together*

Please..please, let's not go down that road again!

-TNC

epic movie was a crime againts cinema....please tell me it wasn't shot on 35mm film....:csad:

and yes...i did watch the whole thing (for free)...at least now i can say it was the worst film i've ever seen...i wouldn't have been honest if i said that by only watching 10 minutes, like the 10 minutes i watched of date movie (doesn't diserve caps)....but still, 10 minute of it...tells you everything about it....:o

See the movie This Film is Not Yet Rated. A must see for movie fans. It talks about the contradictions/unjust decisions of the MPAA

epic movie was a crime againts cinema....please tell me it wasn't shot on 35mm film....:csad:

and yes...i did watch the whole thing (for free)...at least now i can say it was the worst film i've ever seen...i wouldn't have been honest if i said that by only watching 10 minutes, like the 10 minutes i watched of date movie (doesn't diserve caps)....but still, 10 minute of it...tells you everything about it....:o

Do they make fun of Narnia in that one, I've lost track...if so that stunk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"