Crisis on Infinite Earths, CW, December 2019 [discussion and speculation thread]

Flash525

The Scarlet Messenger
Reaction score
We know, via Elseworld, that it's coming, so we've got a year to predict, speculate and discuss.

It'll likely involve time travel, and it'll likely involve a sacrifice; with Arrow being on it's 8th Season the implication (or assumption) is that it'll be Ollie that makes that sacrifice play, but we'll ultimately see how that plays out, and whether the event is set in 2019 or 2024.

I'm hoping (as I'm sure many of you are) that it'll be more than a three episode-arc; either being a direct film featuring the necessary characters, or (at least) a six episode arc between the three or six CW Superhero shows.

Hopefully we'll also have met, or will meet Batman by this time. Seeing as we did essentially have the Smallville Earth too, I'm wondering whether there's potential here, or whether there'd ever be the possibility of involving other shows such as Syfy's Krypton, Gotham (the show), Titans, Doom Patrol etc - it is an endless multiverse afterall.

Speaking as someone with as many iffy memories as the show as I have good ones... Welling or bust.

A wink to the audience with the theme and the Kent Farm location is nice and all, but with Smallville being the network's precursor to the current shows (plus John Wesley Shipp's role in this crossover), they've gotta make it happen. Hell, promise Welling that he can be dressed as Clark Kent the whole time if that's what it takes.

If he isn't dead I hope JWS aka Earth-90 Flash has a bit more to do with a cool action scene.
Gotta' agree on this, cause JWS's role in Elseworld was kinda' pathetic. They had his tease at the end of each show prior to the crossover, and again at the start of the crossover, and yet he only had two (very minor) scenes. Such a waste.

The most that anyone can expect from other Earths would, I think, probably be either more of Shipp's Flash or the Smallville crew, given how tight that Amell is with them. And I suspect there could be something that brings Black Lightning into the frey as well.

Though since they've already got Routh on Legends, it'd be nice if we, for a moment, saw him suit up as Superman. We won't get any major film worlds, I'm sure, but it'd be great if they did like Turtles Forever and acknowledge them in a sort of multiverse:

latest

Earths I would like to see in next years crossover
-Smallville
- Lois and Clark
- Black Lightning
- More of Earth 90 Barry Allen

Hoping for 6 episodes at the most. Arrow, Supergirl, Flash, LOT, Black Lightning, and Batwoman, if it goes past the pilot stage.

-Smallville
- Lois and Clark
- Black Lightning

Hoping for 6 episodes at the most. Arrow, Supergirl, Flash, LOT, Black Lightning, and Batwoman, if it goes past the pilot stage.
I would like to see the Earth from Gotham thrown in there too, since Fox has announced the cancellation of that show.

Well, Gotham literally just wrapped, so you'd probably have to assemble that cast again. Heck, maybe even the Titans world could appear. It is a Berlanti-based project, after all.

The Earth-90 John Diggle's Green Lantern wouldn't go amiss either. ;)

I'd like six episodes, but I wouldn't be too fussed if the Legends weren't a part of this. Honestly, the only Legends I'd want involved are Ray & John as I think they'd have some relevance, whereas the likes of everyone else would just be there.

I would like to see the Earth from Gotham thrown in there too, since Fox has announced the cancellation of that show.
Well, Gotham literally just wrapped, so you'd probably have to assemble that cast again. Heck, maybe even the Titans world could appear. It is a Berlanti-based project, after all.
I wouldn't object to seeing both of these, in addition to the Krypton show, but some of these shows are telling a different story, and if you throw them into the mix, then there's going to be expectations surrounding them.

We've seen Smallville (Earth-90) already, and now people are wanting to see more of it, or interaction between those characters and ours. If we suddenly threw in Gotham, Krypton, Titans (etc etc) there would be expectations with them. I don't mind Gotham (cause it's on it's way out anyway) but I'd rather keep Krypton and Titans in their own little pocket universes. Depending on how they wrap Gotham, the one we could potentially visit may be a future version of it; I'm sure they can age some of the characters.

Smallville has nothing to do with Earth-90. There were a few easter eggs but Smallville is in no way connected to the Arrowverse. Earth-90 is the 1990 Flash series' earth, and it's not compatible with Smallville's history.

Smallville has nothing to do with Earth-90. There were a few easter eggs but Smallville is in no way connected to the Arrowverse. Earth-90 is the 1990 Flash series' earth, and it's not compatible with Smallville's history.
Are we sure? I thought a lot of the dead heroes in that scene were wearing their Smallville costumes? Wasn't that the whole concept of the Smallville Earth having been wiped out? Maybe I'm missing something...

Are we sure? I thought a lot of the dead heroes in that scene were wearing their Smallville costumes? Wasn't that the whole concept of the Smallville Earth having been wiped out? Maybe I'm missing something...
No. Majority were Arrowverse costumes.

The concept was E90 was wiped out. They named it Earth 90 because The Flash aired in the 90s.

Only Green Arrow had his Smallville costume and it was just an Easter egg.

-Smallville
- Lois and Clark
- Black Lightning

I'll add to that
-Burtons Batman
-Donner/Singer's Superman

Just finished rereading COIE for the first time in years and while I am excited to see it adapted for the Arrowverse I am also afraid since it is such a large scope of a storyline. It is best if they start building up to it in the shows last half of this season and beginning of next years. Legends can practically build half a season out of all the time traveling that goes on within the story and use that as a prelude before we see the main Earths Arrowverse has spent time on [E1/E2/E-38/E-X/E-19] be the last standing Earths fighting the Anti-Monitor and his forces.

Lyla for all intents and purposes should be part of Harbinger and may be best if this serves as a big catalyst to John losing her when she becomes Harbinger.

Since Barry/Kara are huge parts of the story, either killing them off and having them be "reborn' at the end or switching them with Wally/Clark may be the best way to go. Batwoman will most likely take Batgirls place as being bffs to Supergirl.

If they bring in an alternate version of Ronny Raymond as Firestorm, he and Killer Frost can have the same exact storyline they have in the comics.

Two of their biggest issues will be the use of Cisco (and essentially Gypsy) who makes jumping between Earths easy as hell (as opposed to the comics where it is a very hard thing to do) and taking down of the Anti-Moniter. The comics used a lot of heavy hitters to take him out but they arent going to have Green Arrow spend that much time on the sidelines and will probably change the story to have him be the one to deal the finishing blow to the Anti-Moniter.

I have a feeling that they may skip over the villains attempt to take over inbetween the Anti-Monitor defeat.

But this whole thing will take a lot of preparation outside of Elseworlds and all the main cast in all the shows will have to be utilized instead of centering around Oliver or the Trinity.

Just finished rereading COIE for the first time in years and while I am excited to see it adapted for the Arrowverse I am also afraid since it is such a large scope of a storyline. It is best if they start building up to it in the shows last half of this season and beginning of next years. Legends can practically build half a season out of all the time traveling that goes on within the story and use that as a prelude before we see the main Earths Arrowverse has spent time on [E1/E2/E-38/E-X/E-19] be the last standing Earths fighting the Anti-Monitor and his forces.

Lyla for all intents and purposes should be part of Harbinger and may be best if this serves as a big catalyst to John losing her when she becomes Harbinger.

Since Barry/Kara are huge parts of the story, either killing them off and having them be "reborn' at the end or switching them with Wally/Clark may be the best way to go. Batwoman will most likely take Batgirls place as being bffs to Supergirl.

If they bring in an alternate version of Ronny Raymond as Firestorm, he and Killer Frost can have the same exact storyline they have in the comics.

Two of their biggest issues will be the use of Cisco (and essentially Gypsy) who makes jumping between Earths easy as hell (as opposed to the comics where it is a very hard thing to do) and taking down of the Anti-Moniter. The comics used a lot of heavy hitters to take him out but they arent going to have Green Arrow spend that much time on the sidelines and will probably change the story to have him be the one to deal the finishing blow to the Anti-Moniter.

I have a feeling that they may skip over the villains attempt to take over inbetween the Anti-Monitor defeat.

But this whole thing will take a lot of preparation outside of Elseworlds and all the main cast in all the shows will have to be utilized instead of centering around Oliver or the Trinity.

Nice post :up:

I'm a big fan of CoIE - I never thought I'd see it in live-action!

Btw, I've just started reading vol 1 of the Crisis on Infinite Earths Companion (runs three volumes in all, collects all the tie-ins - for the first time - plus essays on the whole CoIE event by some of the creative team). Some of these tie-ins I'd never read before. I recommend it if you're a fan of Crisis.

I doubt they'll kill off Wally, but I can totally see them killing off Superman. I do feel they'll need to kill off a Speedster though, and I suspect that'll be Earth-90's Barry Allen.

In the comic, Barry Allen (of Earth-1) and Supergirl are the casualties. I think they'll follow suit in that a Speedster and a Kryptonian die, but that it'll be E90 Flash and Superman instead.

Unfortunately, I fear you may be right, though I'm sceptical how a guy with a bow and arrow can defeat a God. Hopefully it'll be someone else who gives the final blow (maybe Superman; before dying?)

I do hope we get the Lantern Corps (or at least a Green Lantern from one of the many multiverses) showing up in this, especially as they've already been hinted at. It's going to be real interesting just how many guest characters they throw into this crossover, or whether the focus will be on the Earth-1 heroes a little too much. Considering this very much is a multiverse event, you'd think they'd make the most of it.

If done right, this can be the crossover event of 2020, though short of Eobard Thawne, which other villains would be involved for this within the CW? Thawne is the only real reoccuring one at this point. Ollie's antagonists are dead, as are Kara's, so unless they're suddenly going to throw a bunch of new ones in? We're going to need more than the traditional city villain to partake in such an event.

I do think they do need to a big death in this and idk if 90s Flash will deliver that since we barely spent anytime with him, but it should be someone who has a mantle to give up. But of course they've already killed off Firestorm/Black Canary (and have like a billion Canaries on E1....), maybe Thea?

I do think that they will attempt to give us GL Diggle but everything to do with OA will most likely be ignored.

Since we should get some new doppelgangers, might as well take the time to give us Doppels of some of the villains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"