Arrowverse General CRISIS on Infinite Earths - 5 show crossover (TAG SPOILERS!)

We haven't had CoIE here in the UK yet. Which was better?

"Crisis on Earth X", despite it's own shortcomings, is still the superior crossover when compared to "Crisis on Infinite Earths".

The stakes felt more real, the action sequences were much better, and it felt like one cohesive story.

Hell, even Martin Stein's death felt more emotional than Oliver's.

The only things that "Crisis on Infinite Earths" has over the former are the cameos and Brandon Routh's brief scene stealing reprisal as Superman.

"Crisis on Earth X", despite it's own shortcomings, is still the superior crossover when compared to "Crisis on Infinite Earths".

The stakes felt more real, the action sequences were much better, and it felt like one cohesive story.

Hell, even Martin Stein's death felt more emotional than Oliver's.

The only things that "Crisis on Infinite Earths" has over the former are the cameos and Brandon Routh's brief scene stealing reprisal as Superman.

Crisis On Earth-X and Elseworlds are the two best crossovers.

I seem to be in a minority but my favourite crossover so far (as I said, yet to see CoIE) is Invasion!

I rewatched them all recently and I honestly think Elseworlds was the best. It’s got more rewatch value than any of the others imo mostly because there are tons of easter eggs, of which I pick up more each time I watch it. I will say though there isn’t a major crossover that I haven’t enjoyed.

Last edited:
With no new Arrowverse episodes for the foreseeable future, The CW is re-airing all five parts of "Crisis on Infinite Earths" next week:

Tuesday, April 7
8:00 p.m. EDT - Part One: Supergirl
9:00 p.m. EDT - Part Two: Batwoman

Wednesday, April 8
8:00 p.m. EDT - Part Three: The Flash
(The 9:00 spot is a Nancy Drew repeat)

Thursday, April 9
8:00 p.m. EDT - Part Four: Arrow
9:00 p.m. EDT - Part Five: Legends of Tomorrow

I wonder if the DCU Streaming universe will do its own version of Crisis On Infinite Earths with Titans, Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, and Star Girl, along with past TV and film DC heroes since its budget is higher than CW's.

I wonder if the DCU Streaming universe will do its own version of Crisis On Infinite Earths with Titans, Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, and Star Girl, along with past TV and film DC heroes since its budget is higher than CW's.

I'd say that's a hard no.

Here's Part 2 of Deepfake Man of Steel with Tom Welling.

I'm in the UK and yet to see this, but I wondered; given all the nods to previous DC TV shows and the cameos - especially Burt Ward, was there any kind of 'dedicated to/in memory of' for Adam West in any of the credits?

I'm in the UK and yet to see this, but I wondered; given all the nods to previous DC TV shows and the cameos - especially Burt Ward, was there any kind of 'dedicated to/in memory of' for Adam West in any of the credits?

Nope.

With how the seasons of the Flash & Supergirl have been post Crisis looking back on the Crossover I really think they missed an opportunity to really kill off some major characters and in doing so trimming down the casts of several of these shows. Flash & Supergirl feel especially bloated now. Personally I would have left Argo dead in the post Crisis world aswell as killing off several others cast members or both shows. I liked Crisis but really it wasn’t typical CW adaptation much like their adaption of Flashpoint where it feels like a neutered version of the story.

I am hoping if they do decide to do several smaller crossovers next season then I hope it’s a crossover just with the Justice League members against Brainiac or Starro or someone.

I don’t know about anyone else but I think the crossovers would be better off as their own episodes. So we don’t have the Supergirl episode of the crossover, the Flash episode and so on. The only crossover that didn’t feel like that really was Crisis on Earth X where it felt like 4 parts of the same story.

Last edited:
So, with all the news about the Flashpoint movie and Keaton's (possible!) casting, does anybody think this will more or less seal a definite connection between the movies and the TV world from both sides? In other words, rather than an Agents of Shield situation where the connections only seem to be acknowledged by the TV people, an actual mutually (TV & film) acknowledged multiversal connection, through both Crisis and Flashpoint?

So, with all the news about the Flashpoint movie and Keaton's (possible!) casting, does anybody think this will more or less seal a definite connection between the movies and the TV world from both sides? In other words, rather than an Agents of Shield situation where the connections only seem to be acknowledged by the TV people, an actual mutually (TV & film) acknowledged multiversal connection, through both Crisis and Flashpoint?

I still wouldnt my breath. I think WB wanted to remind the audience that Ezra's Flash still existed and to get hype (that is now failed anyway because of the long timing) for his movie. I'd be surprised if they bring anyone from tv to the big screen even as a cameo.

It's not something that I thought would ever happen. The thing that has me wondering now isn't Miller's appearance in Crisis. It's that Crisis basically said 'Yep, the Burtonverse exists in our multiverse' (something TPTB at WB would have had to sign-off on). If Flashpoint says the same thing it's a pretty heavily implied connection between the three worlds. I'm not for a moment suggesting there would ever be storylines bridging the CWDC and the DCEU (in the way that some fans thought/hoped would happen with Agents of Shield and the MCU), but I am wondering; if not an actual in-story reference, could we at least get a DCEU director/producer finally acknowledging 'It's all out there'?

Last edited:
It will probably be a very scaled down version much like movie Civil War was really Civil Skirmish.

Although what are the chances of the movie getting Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney, Bale and Affleck back as multiple Batmen?

I don't think so personally. I think this will be another Agents of Shield situation; the TV shows may acknowledge that the film universe exists, but it'll never be the other way around.

Ezra's Flash in CW Crisis was probably only ever intended to be an easter egg, and as @Primal Slayer has stated, to remind us that WB have a Flash focused film in their line-up - when they actually get around to it.

I'm not remotely expecting the DCEU to expand on, nor include the CWDC shows; the tone of the shows is too different from the DCEU for starters. I just don't think it would transition. Besides the fact, we don't quite know why or where Keaton's Batman is going to feature yet; will he be an alternate timeline Batman, a multiverse Batman, an Affleck replacement Batman? I guess time will tell...

Keaton's Batman will appear in many forms after experimenting with Multiplicity.

It will probably be a very scaled down version much like movie Civil War was really Civil Skirmish.

Although what are the chances of the movie getting Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney, Bale and Affleck back as multiple Batmen?

Can't see it happening. Kilmer is sadly not in great health anymore and can't really speak due to his throat cancer, and I honestly can't see Bale being involved in an ensemble type thing like this. Affleck? Perhaps, but his Batman tenure is still pretty recent and it sounds like he made a very firm decision to walk away from it. Clooney could be a maybe, unfortunately he doesn't really look back on his time as Batman with much sentimentality, he's ridiculed Batman & Robin more than once (and rightfully so...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"