Sequels TASM3 Plot and Opening Scene Speculation

I just cannot see Menken becoming Vulture especially after the trouble he gave Harry. Would he really be awarded the honour of donning those wings after all he's done?! Give me Toomes, Toomes I say! And please, no to Kafka as Doc Ock!!! :nono:

I wouldn't mind Menken secretly being Adrian Toomes/Vulture except for the fact that he fled in the elevator and so was lost the access to the Vulture wings. Unless, he himself has a blueprint or could make a recreation of the wings.

At this point I totally agree with FVD. There is no reason to use Menken, Kafka, etc. for any of the villains that would make up the Six.

At one point it seemed to make sense that to do the Six in TASM3 properly Webb would need to use characters introduced previously, in TASM1 and TASM2, but in many ways I think all of that is out the window.

The viral site already mentioned Otto Octavius, not to mention that the androgenous Dr. Kafka was left in a state where I don't think he should be able to come back. Yes, a bit stupid to have a character changed to be almost what Otto is supposed to be (accent, look, etc.) just to bring Otto in, but hey, bigger mistakes have been made.

There should be no way that Harry would want to work with Menken and give him anything, other than a knife in the back. No, making him the Vulture at this point would be stupid. Yes, many of us believe they missed the mark with Feore, who looks so much like Toomes that it's a waste, but again, I think it's a bit late for that. Guess we can start fancasting Toomes again.

As far as Norman, we know they had the following picture, that was likely going to be a post-credits scene:

PHraFWCMmnEUvw_1_m.jpg

The question is whether this will make it into the DVD?

If not, then they likely changed their mind on things, again. If yes, then Norman is definitely coming back.

So, if they bring him back it would likely be in one of these two ways:

1. Turning him into a new Goblin. Maybe this would happen after Harry-Goblin is killed. This idea wouldn't be too bad, I guess, and he could look like this:

#2. Turning him into Venom. They do this I'm done with these movies! I DO NOT want to see Norman as Venom. Give us Brock!!!!! But, I could, unfortunately, see them have the Gentleman drop some black goop onto Norman's severed head and seeing a new body form. Venom needs to be a young character, not some mid-60's dude, so I really hope they don't go this route!

Personally, just leave Norman dead and let Harry be the schemer.

The viral site already mentioned Otto Octavius, not to mention that the androgenous Dr. Kafka was left in a state where I don't think he should be able to come back. Yes, a bit stupid to have a character changed to be almost what Otto is supposed to be (accent, look, etc.) just to bring Otto in, but hey, bigger mistakes have been made.

There should be no way that Harry would want to work with Menken and give him anything, other than a knife in the back. No, making him the Vulture at this point would be stupid. Yes, many of us believe they missed the mark with Feore, who looks so much like Toomes that it's a waste, but again, I think it's a bit late for that. Guess we can start fancasting Toomes again.

Personally, just leave Norman dead and let Harry be the schemer.

Good point about Menken. He wouldn't come back to join Harry or the Sinister Six unless forced ala they threaten his wife or kidnap his kid or something. But even then you have these two people who would rather kill each other then work with one another.

There was a rumor however that they filmed a scene of him being killed by Harry in "ASM2", but seeing as that got deleted/didn't happen and now comes word that Dr. Ratha might be coming back, those two could either turn against Oscorp ala creating a weapons and science-division/company of their own (this could then bring in Hobgoblin in a future movie) or one or the other is revealed to be Chameleon.

As for Dr. Octopus and Vulture themselves. Seeing as Menken could not be Vulture, this leads me to the idea that Otto Octavius will either be one of Oscorp's "foreign backers" with Kraven the Hunter being the other or they'll have small Smythe-like cameos which will then lead into being expanded for "The Sinister Six." Perhaps we'll see Otto in the earlier stages of his research and Oscorp's plan all along is for him to have an "accident" and Adrian Toomes is a corporate lackey/ass-kisser-type or someone who works in the military-division of Oscorp and is responsible for not only giving Norman Osborn a "new body" but also creating a new suit, glider, and perfecting the Vulture wings.

Lastly, I don't agree with your idea that Norman should just stay dead. Cooper promised his role would be bigger in "ASM3" and possibly future sequels and Cooper is too good of an actor to be reduced to a small cameo. Besides, if Harry can go through temporal cycles of the Goblin coming out, why can't Norman? Plus, with his return, it shows how much evil he really is: you lied to your son that you were going to die and now you're back, but because of your death you turned your son into a psychopathic monster who would hurt his friend and ultimately kill his girlfriend.

So you're saying that Norman faked his death? Why, what's the end game?

Why would he fake his death, just to come back, giving up control of his company?

Not sure that one makes sense.

Pretty sure his death is real. They could bring him back, thus that pic of his head in chamber #6, but how they would bring him back is the concern. If it's with venom, which makes him another Goblin, then the question is why? If it's using some symbiotic goop that turns him into Venom, then again I ask why, and then I throw things and rant on and on with how I will never again see an amazing Spider-Man movie!

The past 2 opening scenes have been introductory, human scenes.

With the parents storyline concluded, I could see the opening scene being Peter Parker monologue, possibly talking about seeing the people he let die everywhere, feeling like he's gone mad, possibly standing at the grave of Uncle Ben, Captain Stacy or Gwen. Could start in a melencholy way, whilst also setting up that he's seeing things. Last part of the opening scene could be him placing a flower on Gwen's grave, saying "I'm so sorry, I will never let this happen again" and then turning around her seeing "her" in the distance, screen fads to black, spiderman logo comes up, people are already just as confused as Peter! Could then fade into him swinging around the city again as spiderman.

Could see either a really sad slow song to this opening sequence of him seeing people, or even something like this;
[YT]/watch?v=y5Wmot_Nd1Q[/YT]

The reason I like Mysterio so much as a villian in TASM3 is that he ties together Peter's personal crisis so well, if he gets a believable motivation to do so, I think we'll end up with a really layered villian, who's ability is both a CGI spectacle and also a walking plotline packed with emotion. He's absolutely perfect for making the next movie both a good Spider-Man film and a good film in general

With the parents storyline concluded, I could see the opening scene being Peter Parker monologue, possibly talking about seeing the people he let die everywhere, feeling like he's gone mad, possibly standing at the grave of Uncle Ben, Captain Stacy or Gwen. Could start in a melencholy way, whilst also setting up that he's seeing things. Last part of the opening scene could be him placing a flower on Gwen's grave, saying "I'm so sorry, I will never let this happen again" and then turning around her seeing "her" in the distance, screen fads to black, spiderman logo comes up, people are already just as confused as Peter! Could then fade into him swinging around the city again as spiderman.

Could see either a really sad slow song to this opening sequence of him seeing people, or even something like this;

The reason I like Mysterio so much as a villian in TASM3 is that he ties together Peter's personal crisis so well, if he gets a believable motivation to do so, I think we'll end up with a really layered villian, who's ability is both a CGI spectacle and also a walking plotline packed with emotion. He's absolutely perfect for making the next movie both a good Spider-Man film and a good film in general

I also think Mysterio would make for great storytelling. He's the type of character who could be humorous yet still be straight up sinister (no pun intended).

Other than being able to use some great set pieces and VFX, the character himself can get all metafictional and at times seemingly break the 4th wall. It'd be cool to see Mysterio plot against Spider-Man and constantly reference story structure or narrative thread.

However, even with all those going for him, Mysterio could still be executed rather poorly.

So you're saying that Norman faked his death? Why, what's the end game?

Why would he fake his death, just to come back, giving up control of his company?

Not sure that one makes sense.

Pretty sure his death is real. They could bring him back, thus that pic of his head in chamber #6, but how they would bring him back is the concern. If it's with venom, which makes him another Goblin, then the question is why? If it's using some symbiotic goop that turns him into Venom, then again I ask why, and then I throw things and rant on and on with how I will never again see an amazing Spider-Man movie!

Norman couldn't come back and say, "The rumors of my death have been exaggerated. I'm back and here to reclaim my company after my son ran it into the ground"? I think it would be a great moment to see him on TV, looking healthy and rejuvenated, but only temporarily.

Harry could see this on the TV and there could be a prison break at Ravencroft.

To me it says a lot about Norman's character. He wanted his son to step up and show he could be the best; be everything his father wanted. He goes after Peter Parker, he runs his company, and it's mostly to see him grow into a Norman Jr. but ultimately Harry fails, Peter is still alive, and so Norman comes back to reclaim his rightful place as the chairman and leader of his company, he looks healthy and alive, he wants to take down Peter Parker once and for all, and thus in the end... it could lead to a Goblin showdown.

But that's not the motivation we got from Norman so far. What we got was that it was all about him and he failed. Everything he did was to try to save himself, and he failed.

Giving Harry his research was secondary. It was more of a 'well, I failed, so here, maybe you can save yourself'. So it wasn't that "he wanted his son to step up". It's not that Norman was tricking Harry into being better than he was.

Norman's death was real. Yes, in this universe nothing is permanent and he could come back, but I think he'd be relegated to behind the scenes, especially if the steps that brought him back from the dead changed him physically.

Also, the idea of Mysterio breaking the fourth wall? Um... he's not Deadpool. No one in TASM universe should be doing that.

As far as how each Amazing Spider-Man film has started with "introductory, human scenes" and how Peter monologued in TASM2, I could see that being done as well, just differently than what was indicated above.

If the movie does not start as a direct continuation of the Rhino battle, and I hope it does not, then I could easily see Peter sitting on a rooftop somewhere monologuing about how much the city has changed, his life and finding the balance, etc. Maybe something like:

"Man, so much has happened over this past year since I decided to be Spiderman again. The threats that this city has seen have become more intense, but so far I've been lucky and I've been able to handle them. It's tough though, trying to balance school, work, family and being Spiderman; but it's worth it. Man, I'm late for class. Good talk." (The camera pulls out, as Spiderman slings his web and swings away, to show that Spiderman was talking with to a pigeon (or a statue))

Something like this would establish the amount of time that has passed, that things have become more difficult as far as the threats he has had to deal with, that he is in college, that he is working (assumedly as a freelance photographer for the Bugle) and that balancing all of this is difficult. But it would also show that he no longer has someone who he can confide in, having lost the only person that admittendly knows that he is Spiderman. It would show that he needs someone who he can share these thoughts with. That he needs MJ... (ok, maybe 2 years have gone by).

Also, the idea of Mysterio breaking the fourth wall? Um... he's not Deadpool. No one in TASM universe should be doing that.

My post said "seemingly breaking the 4th wall." Not straight up talking to the audience the way Deadpool does.

I was more concerned with him being somewhat metafictional. Maybe during a VFX heavy battle against Spidey, I could totally see a cinematic Mysterio (no pun intended) saying "Wow, these are some nice VFX, I hope the audience liked that."

This goes in line with how he's now portrayed with the comics in which he's concerned about events following a 3 act structure and also caring a lot about his "audience."

I can see how that could work, as long as they set up Quentin with a good backstory.

I have always felt that it would be really good to see Quentin shown as a Vegas (or N.Y.) illusionist, but not getting the respect he needs. Maybe he's not drawing the crowds that he should. His show gets cancelled and he responds. He could either kill the owner in a rage and go on the run, or turn to a life of crime using the tech he uses for his tricks, etc. So much could be done with him from smoke, chemicals, etc. Spidey takes him down and he's put in prison. The gentleman breaks him out and provides him with holographic tech and Mysterio is born...

Anyone notice that a lot of Spidey's villains have green in their costumes/design? Green Goblin, Dock Ock, Mysterio, Scorpion, Sandman, Vulture, Lizard, Electro. At least in the comics.

If the movie does not start as a direct continuation of the Rhino battle, and I hope it does not, then I could easily see Peter sitting on a rooftop somewhere monologuing about how much the city has changed, his life and finding the balance, etc. Maybe something like:

"Man, so much has happened over this past year since I decided to be Spiderman again. The threats that this city has seen have become more intense, but so far I've been lucky and I've been able to handle them. It's tough though, trying to balance school, work, family and being Spiderman; but it's worth it. Man, I'm late for class. Good talk." (The camera pulls out, as Spiderman slings his web and swings away, to show that Spiderman was talking with to a pigeon (or a statue))

Though I was thinking of a "darker" opening, that would be a very Spidey moment to me if Spidey was talking to himself.
It would remind me of this in TAS, talking to Bruce the gargoyle.
T5D3c45.png

If they did that and actually called the gargoyle Bruce then that would be the GREATEST THING EVER!
Spider-Man was portrayed spot on in TASM2 and they need to be consistent with that in TASM3. Even the way that he handled Rhino, *spoilers* [BLACKOUT]months after Gwen's death[/BLACKOUT] *spoilers*, shows that though Peter goes through extremely hard times in life, or when he's going against a dangerous foe, he's still able to be quippy because Spider-Man is not necessarily a dark character; there are just dark moments in his life that he has to get through and that motivate him to do the best job he can as Spider-Man.

^ I think that would be great! Ok, replace my pigeon with Bruce the Gargoyle...

What do you think about these possible links to ASM3? Webb I think may use both Kraven & Mysterio

1 - If Webb wants Kraven then maybe he will add Kraven story that ties in with the Vermin hunt.

2 - The rumors of Iffran Khan returning as a villain could be as Vermin.

3 - The decaying body that was reported in Daily Bugle may be the link to Ratha losing his skin or something and turning into Vermin. I always thought the mutated Fred scene in ASM gave a small clue to Vermin's creation. Kraven maybe drafted in to hunt the rat down and end up coming into conflict with Spidey. I don't think an entire movie will be focused on Kraven. Mysterio can still be the main antagonist.

4 - Do we really know that it was Harry talking to The Gentleman at the close of ASM2? I mean we only saw his face in that broken mirror and really I am not quite sure it was Harry at all.

Just thoughts folks.

250px-Spider294.jpg

Last edited:

Maybe the Capt Stacy hallucinations were conjured up by Mysterio on behalf of The Gentleman?

I mean did you notice the spider sense sound at the time of the three appearances? I'm sure I did. :word:

^ I think that would be great! Ok, replace my pigeon with Bruce the Gargoyle...

A pigeon would still be funny!
Spidey could be crouched down on a rooftop, talking face to face to a pigeon (the pigeon is out of the shot) and then as Spidey's finished his conversation, the pigeon just randomly flies away and Spidey's just left there, all alone.

I really would like to see Black Cat as sort of a Catwoman and Batman relationship from the Dark Knight Rises. And then for the main villain as mysterio and maybe vulture. And I honestly do not want to see MJ yet. I think it's a little early. I would like to see them develop the black cat and spiderman relationship first.

They could show several minutes of how Felicia Hardy becomes black cat. They should reference the black cat from the animated series of spiderman in 1994 where she was given superhuman serum.

Oscorp will somehow be able to to make the superhuman serum but haven't tested it in humans. Harry will get a hold of it but unsure of its side effects. He is eager to test it on someone.

Felicia and Harry will somehow run into each other and Harry ask her out on a date. They go on a date, and it goes pretty well. During the date they Harry talks about the serum they have at Oscorp and ask if she wants to volunteer. She says no. They go to a park after the date and kiss while kissing Harry injects Felicia with the serum and she "dies". Harry and company will throw her body somewhere in a desert??? After a few days, the serum synthesizes and wakes up not knowing that she has powers. Oscorp erases her all the evidence of her existence: burn her house down and took all her belongings

She comes back to new york knowing she doesn't have anything she starts stealing banks and etc for money. This is how Spiderman will meet her. Spiderman will catch her and giver to the cops. She goes to jail. In the Jail, prison mates will try to rape her. And then as she struggles to fight the prison mates she somehow becomes stronger. She beats up everyone in Jail. She eventually escapes.

Harry will somehow find out that the serum eventually worked on her and sends one of the sinister six to get her to join. One of the villains meet up with her but she says she doesn't want to be a part of it. So they fight she get overpowered. Spiderman will somehow help her. This is how they will meet again.They will not get along due to what happen during their first meeting.

Spiderman will later face two/three villains and needs help. He will ask Black cat for help. Then Voila! There's your Black Cat!! they will also need character development tor the villain. I really like mysterio as main villain he could make some holograms of Gwen to mess with Spiderman's head

Well, I'd be really surprised if Felicity Jones's "Felicia" character from TASM 2 didn't turn out to be Felicia Hardy. Her working for Oscorp even gives her the perfect excuse to get her powers/costume/equipment. Quite honestly, I wasn't a huge fan of the Rhino ending. It struck me as a really tacked-on "we cannot ever have a sad ending" type of thing. I would have ended the movie with Peter visiting Gwen's grave. I would open TASM 3 with him still doing that, with him in a not so great place emotionally or psychologically, contemplating all of the people that he failed to save (Uncle Ben, the Stacy's, and even Harry and Electro to a certain degree). Then he has to refind his purpose as this new threat emerges (Mysterio hopefully). Also, I'd introduce MJ, but have them only be friends in this movie (any potential romance could be saved for TASM 4).

Well, I'd be really surprised if Felicity Jones's "Felicia" character from TASM 2 didn't turn out to be Felicia Hardy. Her working for Oscorp even gives her the perfect excuse to get her powers/costume/equipment. Quite honestly, I wasn't a huge fan of the Rhino ending. It struck me as a really tacked-on "we cannot ever have a sad ending" type of thing. I would have ended the movie with Peter visiting Gwen's grave. I would open TASM 3 with him still doing that, with him in a not so great place emotionally or psychologically, contemplating all of the people that he failed to save (Uncle Ben, the Stacy's, and even Harry and Electro to a certain degree). Then he has to refind his purpose as this new threat emerges (Mysterio hopefully). Also, I'd introduce MJ, but have them only be friends in this movie (any potential romance could be saved for TASM 4).

I've got to disagree with you there about the ending. I'm glad that it ended with the Spidey/Rhino fight; it made for a much more thrilling ending and honestly, if it had ended with [BLACKOUT]Gwen's death and Peter just standing at her grave[/BLACKOUT] then I would have walked out of the cinemas so depressed and sad, not really something I wanna do. :p Instead, we got a roller coaster of emotions as Spidey returned after his 5 month absence and the film ending with the logo appearing and the new Spidey theme; man, it was great!
They can, however, make Peter contemplate how he's so far let all those people down at the start of TASM3 which leads to Peter doing his ultimate best at being Spider-Man.

No it wasn't. Given what had just happened, a more melancholic ending would have been more than appropriate. And it would have been actual development. I instead, we get more Rhino idiocy and Peter's back to cracking jokes and being goofy like nothing happened, everything wrapped up in a nice little bow. I couldn't stand it. You know what didn't have a goofy feel-good ending, the Night Gwen Stacy Died storyline from the comics. I had a depressing ending because it was called for, and so was this movie. It would only have made Peter's rise in the next movie all that more heroic/triumphant.

Personally I would have rather seen Green Goblin get away and Peter, on his knees at Gwen's grave, with rage, swear that he will find him and make him pay for what he did.

That way it would be about revenge, retaliation, and vengeance; traits that are not normally hero qualities. And this motivation could even lead to the acquisition of the symbiote, which would enhance these emotions.

Just imagine Peter crouching over Goblin's body pummeling him in his rage, just to realize what he's doing, which causes him to pause, allowing Green Goblin to strike and possibly get away. Something like this could lead to Peter wanting to rid himself of the symbiote.

IMO, how could Peter not feel rage and a desire for vengeance against the Green Goblin for what happened?

I don't think this film should be overly burdened with setting up characters for the Sinister Six...I'd rather they do their own thing.

Hire the Spider-Man 2 writers.

Introduce Gwen Stacy, Mysterio, and Eddie Brock/Venom. This time, Eddie would be much more like he is in the comics/various animated series.

Mysterio has insane visual potential, they should really go all out with Mysterio.

The Symbiote being an Oscorp creation makes sense in this universe, but if they can make the space storyline work, I'd be all for it. I wasn't a fan of the way they handled the Symbiote's arrival on Earth in Spider-Man 3, or the way it randomly happened upon Peter...It didn't make sense.

It's pretty much confirmed that the symbiote will be an Oscorp creation though right? I don't really have a problem with that.

Ideally Spidey would get the black suit early on, and then he ditches it once he defeats Mysterio in the second act. the suit then latches onto Eddie Brock, and Venom is the central villain of the third act.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"