Sequels TASM3 Plot and Opening Scene Speculation

There's something about the way TASM2 cuts off that leads me to believe that we'll see the conclusion of the Rhino fight as TASM3 opens.

I also think the following things are a 'lock' for the movie:
* The return of both Osborns
* The introduction of MJ
* Something that facilitates Emma Stone's presence in the film
* The return of Felicia

Yes, I agree to all of these points.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Smythe, Menken, and Kafka are all dead now.

I know Kafka is dead but I don't remember Smythe or Menken dying. Is that something I missed in the film? I wouldn't be surprised considering how quickly everything happened.

^ I mistakenly thought Smythe was the guy that Electro killed when he and Harry showed up to confront Menken at Oscorp, and that Menken himself had been taken out by post-Goblinified Harry.

TASM3 will probably be used to continue setting up the Six before their solo movie focuses on them and tells the story from their point-of-view as they go after Spider-Man.

Webb has all but said that he really wants to do both Kraven and Mysterio, and unless he comes back for TASM4, TASM3 will be his last opportunity, so I'd put good money on those two being the driving force behind TASM3's storyline, with SS setup happening in the background (just as was the case in TASM2).

Hope your right & Webb has proven he's no fool when dealing with Arad & Co.

I really would have liked to have been in the room when Dan Slott told Marc that Mysterio would be great for next villain. He gestured to Matt Tolmach as if to say "see what did I tell you".

:word:

Yes, I agree to all of these points.

I know Kafka is dead but I don't remember Smythe or Menken dying. Is that something I missed in the film? I wouldn't be surprised considering how quickly everything happened.

I know some folk don't like this but Kafka becoming Doc Ock would that be so bad?

I thought he could be okay and sounded a bit like 90s cartoon Doc Ock.

I don't have a huge issue with Kafka but I don't think he should be Dr. Octopus. That would be a really, really bad move.

There's something about the way TASM2 cuts off that leads me to believe that we'll see the conclusion of the Rhino fight as TASM3 opens.

I also think the following things are a 'lock' for the movie:
* The return of both Osborns
* The introduction of MJ
* Something that facilitates Emma Stone's presence in the film
* The return of Felicia

Also, I'm pretty sure that Smythe, Menken, and Kafka are all dead now.

This. And Mysterio. Norman isn't really dead. It was a fake-out all along, Harry gets out of jail and rather than team up with his dad, he teams up with Peter since he feels bad about what he did and goes against his father who is now the Green Goblin.

It would be awesome to have ASM3 pick up exactly where 2 left off, showing us the fight with Rhino. Just like a cliffhanger in a month to month comic book.

I think Norman should stay dead. They can try and adapt some of the stuff from Spectacular Spider-Man, the comic that is, where Harry is behind the scenes wrecking having on Pete's life. I mean, of course they'll meet again, but just imagine Peter's wrath facing him after killing Gwen and doing who knows what else across the next film.

Lizard needs to come back in the S6, so does Electro in my opinion. Harry will definitely be in there, Rhino seems to be a member already, given the ending of ASM2.

Mysterio needs to be the next villain, he is the only one capable if delivering the spectacle to top Electro's visual effects, and all the crazy things they could do with him in 3D. Now is the perfect time.

I like the idea of Peter diving solely into his Spider-Man at the expense of his personal relationships. That is a journey we've yet to see him take on the big screen. Maybe not introduce MJ full on yet, but go the original route with May trying to hook him up and him trying to get out of it, reveal MJ at the end. Plus, with how successful Gwen has been with all the fans, it might be too soon for some.

This. And Mysterio. Norman isn't really dead. It was a fake-out all along, Harry gets out of jail and rather than team up with his dad, he teams up with Peter since he feels bad about what he did and goes against his father who is now the Green Goblin.

Norman's death was intended to be real; it just wasn't intended to be permanent, and I'm willing to bet that we see the video evidence of that added to the home media releases of TASM2.

Norman is definitely dead, but I don't think dead is forever in his case.

Norman will be back. Cooper said so. It's just when he'll be back is the bigger question. I, personally, feel he and Chameleon or Mysterio would be the best picks for the baddies in "ASM3" but Webb seems to have his eye on Kraven the Hunter.

But as for the Sinister Six, I don't want to see them be done as the Suicide Squad in their own movie, and I don't want to see a whole movie of them planning something big against Spider-Man. I'm sure, as smart as Drew Goddard is, he's aware of this and we'll give us a good show.

It would be cool if the Sinister Six was mostly about Doctor Octopus and his backstory, and why he was chosen by the Gentleman to lead the Sinister Six. But the film needs a good payoff, and Spider-Man MUST be in there to fight them!

^ Webb has all but said that he wants to do both Kraven AND Mysterio, and TASM3 May be his last chance, so I think we will see those two as the primary antagonists of TASM3 with some Sinister Six setup going on in the background (which could potentially include Norman's return).

^ Webb has all but said that he wants to do both Kraven AND Mysterio, and TASM3 May be his last chance, so I think we will see those two as the primary antagonists of TASM3 with some Sinister Six setup going on in the background (which could potentially include Norman's return).

Good point. I think he should only choose one of the two, either Kraven or Mysterio, so that way the villain have a proper amount of character development.

I'm still just not getting it.

Everything that has been shown points to the Sinister Six being the next set of villains for Spiderman to take on.

I guess there are two ways to do this, either all Six at once or one (or two) at a time). But the whole point of The Six was to join forces against Spiderman. So not having them as a team, which is really want we all want to see, would be a lost opportunity.

Webb is no dummy (I hope).

Which means, especially if this is his last hurrah, that he'll want this one bigger and badder than all of the previous. And that means the whole Sinister Six and not just two or three.

Now, as far as the start of TASM3, it can either be as a continuation of the Rhino fight, or it could end up being weeks or months (maybe years) later.

Rhino turned out to be a really poor villain, IMO. Yes, missles, cool. Yes, machine guns, whatever. But it a dude in a machine, so there's no chance for real contact, which is what made The Lizard slightly better and Electro and Goblin much better. Great, Peter will take the manhole cover and smack the robot with it, disabling it.

Woo hoo, yawn...

I really think the whole point of the Rhino was to show us that Spiderman has dealt, at least somewhat, with the pain of his loss, and is getting back up there on that horse. So he's Spiderman again, great. And he'll have to deal with even bigger threats in the future, great.

But unless the whole Sinister Six fights Spidey as a team, then what's the point?

Again, I could have almost understood a Sinister Six movie showing each of these petty baddies getting beat or having their plans defeated by Spidey (akin to what we saw happen to Aleskei at the beginning of TASM2) and each of them being given the chance to become super and join to take on Spidey, but that would only work if that film was prior to the Amazing Spider-Man The Sinister Six movie. From what we know it will be reverse, which doesn't work. The general audience wants to root for the good guy, not the group of bad guys!

Again, Webb wants to do the S6, and the audience has been shown the S6, so waiting for a Spiderman movie with the S6 until 2018 would be absolutely imbecile!

I really think they need to rethink what they are doing...

Wait, why do you think the Sinister Six wouldn't fight Spider-Man as a team? Nothing has ever suggested that. And Rhino will be coming back, that is certain.

Some are suggesting that it would only be Kraven and Mysterio, while the Sinister Six planning would be happening behind the scenes.

But my concern with that is that the villain must be defeated and there is almost always loss in order to make the message meaningful. In TASM1 it was Captain Stacy, and we all know who it was in TASM2. Who is it going to be in TASM3 and if the villain will be defeated "permanently", as we saw with Electro, then who and wouldn't bringing them back for a Sinister Six movie be a bit been there done that?

Same could be said for Electro, why bring him back? How is his story going to get better?

@Super Jim: Just because TASM2 was laying the groundwork for the eventual appearance of the Sinister Six doesn't mean they have to be the antagonists of TASM3.

It's actually a common storytelling tactic - especially in a multi-installment project - for seeds that were 'planted' in one installment to lay dormant for a while.

^ I agree that they could wait, but if Webb's last flick as Director is TASM3, then wouldn't he be wanting to do the whole Sinister Six?

Also, I don't think those were seeds, it was a darn tree. The whole ending was about the forming of the Sinister Six and Harry's questions of "who's first", and The Gentleman's response 'Aleskei', followed by the fight scene with Rhino, shows us that the Sinister Six plan is now, not in two years. Waiting until 2018 to give us the full Sinister Six, while we still have the Venom story to tell, doesn't make a lot of sense, unless...

Maybe they could tell the Eddie Brock Venom story in TASM3, with some more Sinister Six setup stuff, and then have Sinister Six in TASM4, after the Sinister Six movie which would be a set-up (forming) movie, but for some reason I don't think that is the plan.

Webb will want to go out with a bang and nothing could be bigger than the movie poster with Spiderman surrounded by 6 villains. He'll want to tell the Sinister Six, and all evidence points to that.

^ Sony is clearly thinking long-term, as is Webb (even if he's not going to be around to see things that he's 'seeded' come to fruition).

^ Long term, yes, but at the same time they've only set two more Amazing Spiderman movies (besides the whole Sinister Six and Venom movies that I dont get).

That means that it is likely that the Sinister Six will be the main threat in either TASM3 or TASM4, and my guess is that if Webb has his way in will be in the one that he will be directing.

^ Webb hasn't said anything about the Six other than that they're building towards introducing them and that the exact lineup is still being decided upon.

Conversely, though, he has all but explicitly stated he'd like to do stories involving Kraven and Mysterio.

^ Aren't Kraven and Mysterio staple members of the Sinister Six?

Would it really make sense to use those characters up in one movie and then bring them back in the next? Kind of like bringing Electro back after everything that just happened. Why would any actor, like Jamie Foxx for example, want to have almost a whole movie about his character, be defeated in an epic battle, and then come back through some poor story scheme, just to be relagated to being a background character?

Makes more sense to me that he is indicating that he wants Kraven and Mysterio to be part of the Sinister Six, which seems to match some of the spec pics we saw during the credits.

^ Yes, they are, but Webb spoke of his desire to use the characters as if it were a different issue than the membership of the Six, which leads me to believe that he's likely to push for using them independently of establishing the Six as a group and then have them possibly brought back for it.

^ Don't get me wrong, I believe that an amazing story could be used with both Kraven and Mysterio being two guys brought together to try to track and capture Spiderman in an attempt to get his blood, so Harry could be saved.

Actually, I believe that the Black Cat could be used for this as well, but she could be used in a different way in the movie so the tracking and capturing for the blood story would stay focused on Kraven and Mysterio.

Kraven could be lured to do this since it would be 'the greatest hunt of his life' and Mysterio could be lured to do this for money and/or power.

Kraven would be given some tracking and hunting tech, or a serum that would increase his senses, while Mysterio would be given holographic and chemical technology.

The idea would be that Kraven would track the Spider down while Mysterio would use his 'powers' to make him more vulnerable (that's where making him see Gwen could come in) so he could be captured.

This story could be really good!

I just cannot see Menken becoming Vulture especially after the trouble he gave Harry. Would he really be awarded the honour of donning those wings after all he's done?! Give me Toomes, Toomes I say! And please, no to Kafka as Doc Ock!!! :nono:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"