Cruise Planning Scientology Movie Starring Ex-Spice Girl?

FadingCB said:
All I knew about Scientology prior was the southpark episode, and that John Travolta, Tom Cruise, and Isaac Hayes were in it. Well that and that you have to pay money to be in it. I guess I can toss....Battlefield Earth...in with that now :huh:.

Jason Lee, Juliette Lewis, Jeffrey Tambor and Tom Cruise cousin William Mapother aka Ethan from LOST is are also Scientologists.

225px-Jasonleeobraz.jpg

Juliette-Lewis-To-Pose-Topless-2.jpg

tambor.jpg

1autographwilliammapther1.jpg

BlackHardKnight said:
Concerns arose prior to the film's release that it reportedly contained subliminal messages. [3] Scientology researcher Lawrence Wollersheim, in a press release, claimed the Church of Scientology "has placed highly advanced subliminal messages in the Battlefield Earth film master to surreptitiously recruit new members from the movie audience and to get the audience to develop a revulsion for psychiatry and current mental health organizations and practices." [4]
By the time the film was released on DVD, it had been drastically edited from the original theatrical version. [5]

....guess it's good I only watched the DVD version then, and a rental at that. I would have been more upset if I had paid $20 for that movie. Of course that would explain the sudden urge to suddenly send $100 to a stranger that I got mid way thru that movie (a joke :woot:).

chamber-music said:
Jason Lee, Juliette Lewis, Jeffrey Tambor and Tom Cruise cousin William Mapother aka Ethan from LOST is are also Scientologists.

So it's basically rich Hollywood types and Kyalesyin's towns volunteers?

Jason Lee tho?

I hope you all enjoy the sound of the Spice Skanks singing "If you wanna meet Ron Hubbard..." in your head all damn day like I have since I opened this thread. :cmad:

jag

jaguarr said:
I hope you all enjoy the sound of the Spice Skanks singing "If you wanna meet Ron Hubbard..." in your head all damn day like I have since I opened this thread. :cmad:

jag

It is now in my head. It wasn't until I read this post. Grrrr.

Hades said:
I knew it.

Cruise is going the Glibson route and is going to make the passion of Hubbard.

Then in a few years he'll be caught for driving under the influence of whatever the hell Cruise gets off on, which is probably something freaky and gross. And he'll make anti-...well, I guess he can't really dig a deeper hole for his carreer then he already has, huh:huh:

The Passion of Xenu.

FadingCB said:
....guess it's good I only watched the DVD version then, and a rental at that. I would have been more upset if I had paid $20 for that movie. Of course that would explain the sudden urge to suddenly send $100 to a stranger that I got mid way thru that movie (a joke :woot:).

So it's basically rich Hollywood types and Kyalesyin's towns volunteers?

Jason Lee tho?

There are many actors and actresses who are members of the Bank of Scientology, er i meant church

BlackHardKnight said:
Tom Cruise may be planning to follow in the footsteps of John Travolta and make a movie based on the ideas of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard. According to the London Daily Star, Cruise has already cast former Spice Girl Victoria Beckham, the wife of soccer star David Beckham, to star in the movie, titled The Thetan in the role of an "alien bride." In Hubbard's thinking, "the thetan" is the spiritual part of man that advances from one lifetime to the next, inhabiting the minds and bodies of generations of individuals. According to the tabloid, Cruise is financing the movie on his own after the major studios rejected it. Travolta's $73-million movie based on Hubbard's sci-fi novel Battlefield Earth was a major flop, grossing just $21 million at the domestic box office.

This just has to be a joke rumor. I really can't see Cruise being involved with a project that would make him and his beliefs look even more ridiculous than they already do.

BlackHardKnight said:
Concerns arose prior to the film's release that it reportedly contained subliminal messages. [3] Scientology researcher Lawrence Wollersheim, in a press release, claimed the Church of Scientology "has placed highly advanced subliminal messages in the Battlefield Earth film master to surreptitiously recruit new members from the movie audience and to get the audience to develop a revulsion for psychiatry and current mental health organizations and practices." [4]
By the time the film was released on DVD, it had been drastically edited from the original theatrical version. [5]

lol I guess that explains why when I saw it in theatres I really liked it, but when it came on USA a few years later I thought it was a piece of crap.

BTW, I thought David Becham was Catholic?

Is this serious? hes losing enough fans and respect by going on about scientology as much as he is... this is mabe going a little far.

Cruise was a great actor 10 years ago, now he is a mad dude, who has scientology as 2nd bible.

His time has passed :( :down

Scientology is such a joke. lol It's like we're living in the MIB World. LoL Come on Cruise and Travolta.

jaguarr said:
Yo, I'll tell you what Ron wants, what he really really wants,
So tell me what Ron wants, what he really really wants,
I'll tell you what Ron wants, what he really really wants,
He wanna, he wanna, he wanna, he wanna, he wanna really
really really wanna zigazig ha.

If you want a future forget your past,
If you wanna get with Xenu better make it fast,
Now don't go wasting that precious time,
Get your Thetan right it could be just fine

I'll tell you what Ron wants, what he really really wants,

If you wanna meet Ron Hubbard, you gotta get with Xenu friends,
Make it last forever 'cuz Xenu never ends,
If you wanna meet Ron Hubbard, you have got to give,
Taking is so easy, but that's the way it is.

What do you think about Tom now you know how he feels,
Say you can handle Ron's love are you for real,
He won't be hasty, he'll give you a try
If you're really glib to him then he'll say goodbye.

Yo I'll tell you what Tom wants, what he really really wants,
So tell me what Tom wants, what he really really wants,

Faking is so easy, but that's the way it is.

So here's a story from A to N, you wanna get with Ron
you gotta take it all in,
We got Tom C. in the place who likes it in your face,
we got G like Kirstie who likes it on an
Johnny T doesn't come for free, he's a real OG,
and as for me..ah you'll see,
Slam your sanity down and wind it all around
Slam your belief down and wind it all around.

Making up religion's easy, but that's the way it is.

If you wanna meet Ron Hubbard, you gotta, you gotta, you
gotta,
you gotta, you gotta, slam, slam, slam, slam
Slam your faith down and wind it all around.
Slam your brain down and wind it all around.
Slam your gullibility down and wind it all around.
Slam your trust down zigazig ah
If you wanna meet Ron Hubbard.

:dry:

jag

Wow. I'd barely woken up when I did that. It shows, too. :dry:

jag

Assassin said:
BTW, I thought David Becham was Catholic?

I believe he has a cross tattooed on the back of his neck.

I actually thought Battlefield earth was fun to watch. :dry:

i hope this Bankrupts this mother.
that would be hilarious if it was all about the birth of Scientology and it was called Scientology Begins and had a plot of Posh Spice moving to some remote city in Asia and learning how to fight her fears as well as the rest of the League of Shadows only to come back and spread the will of Scientology to everyone.

No Denials From Tom or Posh About Reported Scientology Movie

Expected denials of British press reports that Tom Cruise was planning on funding a Scientology-influenced movie, The Thetan, and had cast Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham in the lead failed to materialize Tuesday, leading some to conclude that the seemingly unlikely project may in fact be in the works. Spokespersons for Cruise and Beckham remained curiously silent about the report, which first appeared in the London tabloid, The Star.

Erundur said:

In the Got milk? Ads on the back of my comic books, he's wearing that necklace that Catholics wear, the one that has 2 pictures on it, i dont know much about it but..and wern't his children baptised by the pope or at the vadican or something like that?

Erundur said:

He does, as well as a freaking great angel across his back, although a lot of press speculation suggests that its a fashion thing not a faith thing. Wearing a cross is a fashion statement here, not a declaration of faith.

Kyalesyin said:
He does, as well as a freaking great angel across his back, although a lot of press speculation suggests that its a fashion thing not a faith thing. Wearing a cross is a fashion statement here, not a declaration of faith.

Jesus would be proud....

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"