Cyberpunk 2077

I mean I'll get the game because of the gameplay, but if that new trailer is an indicator of the story... it's gonna be disappointing. You just cant write crap dialogue in a high end game like this.
this is an RPG where many things can happen it's possible your latino cyborg won't die like that if you take a nother course of action. but We'll have to see.

1 day ago
CYBERPUNK 2077 Quest Designer Confirms Players Will Be Able To Explore More Than Just Night City
While every major trailer has focused on the action inside of Night City, the lead quest designer for Cyberpunk 2077 has confirmed that there will be more areas for players to exlpore. More past the jump.Read more

Also with

9 hours ago
CD Projekt Red On Whether CYBERPUNK 2077 Will Be Released On The PlayStation 5 & Xbox's Project Scarlett
Cyberpunk 2077's lead game designer recently spoke about whether CD Projekt Red will be porting the highly-anticipated game over to the upcoming next-generation consoles.Read more

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more!

cyberpunk-2077-keanu-reeves-213x120.jpg

Can you have sex with Keanu Reeves in Cyberpunk 2077? “We don’t want to share too much”
6 days ago |
Keanu Reeves will be in Cyberpunk 2077, and his appearance on the Microsoft E3 presentation is rivaled only by a literal dog on the Ubisoft stage as the greatest moment at the 2019 show. We know Keanu will play Johnny Silverhand in the game, and that’s a pretty significant character in Cyberpunk lore. Now fans are asking the most important question: “Can I have sex with Keanu Reeves in this game?”

In response, the official Cyberpunk Twitter says “Johnny is an important character within the game – but we don’t want to share too much story details yet.” As fans have already noted, that’s not a no. So your dreams of romancing Keanu – at least digitallyRead more

cyberpunk-2077-dialogue-213x120.jpg

Keanu Reeves has more dialogue than any other NPC in Cyberpunk 2077 \

3 days ago |
Keanu Reeves is rarely the chatty type. Whether he’s John Wick, Neo, or ‘Fortnite guy’ he tends to let his stunts, action moves, and pallid beauty do the talking for him. Not so in his latest incarnation now that Keanu Reeves is Johnny Silverhand in Cyberpunk 2077, however.

In CD Projekt’s gritty, futuristic open world, you can hardly get a word in edgeways with him – mostly because he’s a digital ghost who lives inside your head and “doesn’t give a rat’s dick how you look”. In an interview on E3 Coliseum (spotted by VG247) with Geoff Keighley, CD Projekt Red CEO Marcin Iwinski,Read more

cyberpunk-2077-character-creator-213x120.jpg

In Cyberpunk 2077 Keanu Reeves is a ghost that doesn’t “give a rat’s dick how you look”
5 days ago
Keanu Reeves has been the talk of the videogaming contingent of LA ever since he appeared on stage during the Xbox keynote address at E3 2019. Frankly, we’re still a bit stunned even now, but we’re all going to have to get a bit more used to him being around when Keanu Reeves plays Johnny Silverhand in Cyberpunk 2077.

This is because Silverhand is dead, probably, and lives as a digital ghost inside your head. If you skip to 3:45 in the cinematic trailer – which you can watch in full further down this article – you can see the character’s ethereal body flicker in and out of view, as if it’s a technical glitch. Reeves essentially lives in your brain and follows your throughout your time in Cyberpunk 2077. He even taunts you when you’re agonising over the character creator: “You really think they give a rat’s dick how you look”.

He might be mean – or at least a touch curmudgeonly – but we love him anyway. You’ve got to sympathise with him, actually: Johnny Silverhand, one of the biggest names in the franchise’s lore,Read more

cyberpunk-2077-213x120.jpg

US Cyberpunk 2077 players will get a physical PC release after all

6 days ago |
Cyberpunk 2077’s appearance at the Microsoft E3 conference was pretty memorable. We found out the release date, where we’ll be able to grab it, and that the game has already shot to the top of Steam’s bestsellers list. Oh, and that Keanu Reeves will be in it, playing Johnny Silverhand. What we didn’t know is that the PC version of the game might only be available in digital format for US-based PC players – but that’s alright, because plans have already changed.

In a tweet, the official Cyberpunk account confirms that Marcin Momot,

Read more

source: PC Games news and reviews from PCGamesN.com

Last edited:
The controversy has been nothing but manufactured outrage and hot garbage, but at least this idiot apologized for basically calling Cyberpunk creator Mike Pondsmith racist.

I haven't been keeping up with this, but I will say, as excited as I am for this game, I do think it was telling that both my brother and I had the same reaction to the Hispanic NPC when he was revealed.

I haven't been keeping up with this, but I will say, as excited as I am for this game, I do think it was telling that both my brother and I had the same reaction to the Hispanic NPC when he was revealed.

Which one are you referring to? V's partner Jackie? What was the problem specifically?

Which one are you referring to? V's partner Jackie? What was the problem specifically?
Very stereotypical macho Latin "gangster". It is funny this comes up as we were watching the Daily Show and saw Arturo Castro was being interviewed. I realized I had no idea what he sounded like normally. And then I realized how many Latino actors that applied to. Because so many roles they seem to be cast in is very stereotypical and then they ask them to put on an accent of some sort.

I didn't even notice that stuff and I'm Hispanic

But it seems like he still thinks the game is racist.

I would say that turning a gang that is apparently a bunch of white people appropriating voodoo iconography and turning them black, might not have been the most racially sensitive ideas.

My take away:

A bunch of gangsters that probably behave like animals choosing to call themselves Animals...seems legit.

A Haitian gang using voodoo iconography...that's about as racist as an Scandinavian gang using norse mythology iconography or an indian gang using native american mythology iconography. Which is to say its not racist at all.

Also these are gangs and violent criminals so I dont expect them to be the most progressive and sensitive individuals.

6 days ago
CD Projekt Red On Whether CYBERPUNK 2077 Will Be Released On The PlayStation 5 & Xbox's Project Scarlett
Cyberpunk 2077's lead game designer recently spoke about whether CD Projekt Red will be porting the highly-anticipated game over to the upcoming next-generation consoles.Read more

4 days ago
CYBERPUNK 2077 Developer Confirms E3 2019 Gameplay Demo Will Be Made Public At PAX West
To the disappointment of many fans, CD Projekt Red didn't publicly reveal their new gameplay demo for Cyberpunk 2077 at E3 2019. However, it looks like the developer will now release the footage at PAX West.Read more

3 days ago
CYBERPUNK 2077 Developer Confirms Vehicles Can Be Summoned Like Roach In THE WITCHER 3
Cyberpunk 2077 is the latest RPG from CD Projekt Red, and now we've finally learned some new details on how players will be able to access and use vehicles in the upcoming game. Hit the jump for more info.Read more

cyberpunk-2077-pacifist-213x120.jpg

Cyberpunk 2077 romances will be “very similar” to The Witcher 3
20 hours ago |
June 21, 2019 Cyberpunk 2077 will feature long-term relationships with their own plotlines, Witcher 3-style.

News on what we can expect from upcoming dystopian RPG Cyberpunk 2077 continues to surface. We already know that the game will feature romance options, from flirting to full-frontal nudity and one-night flings. We also know that players will have some big choices to make throughout the game. Now it’s becoming clearer how these two features will combine. The game will feature long-term relationship options with their own entire plotlines, Witcher 3-style – and there will be more than just heterosexual opportunities on offer.

User Magired1234 has posted a screenshot on Reddit of what he says is a DM Twitter conversation with Cyberpunk 2077 lead quest designer Paweł Sasko (which seems to be authentic based on his Twitter profile). In it, Sasko drops some extra nuggets of knowledge on how romance will work in the game.

Sasko says “so in terms of romances – you can think that it’s going to be similar to how Witcher 3 was – there were whole plotlines regarding character and if […] NPCs were treated well and interested in Geralt, something was happening”. He added “so here it’s going to be very similar”, adorning his message with a winking smiley face.

The game will also feature some LGBTQ+ relationship options, confirmed in Sasko’s comments: “and of course players will have way more options th[a]n only heterosexual,Read more

cyberpunk-2077-pacifist-213x120.jpg

Multiple Cyberpunk 2077 endings mean your choices matter
5 days ago |
It looks like the choices you’ll make in upcoming dystopian RPG Cyberpunk 2077 can lead to some potentially big endgame consequences – game developer CD Projekt Red has confirmed that the plot will feature multiple endings.

As spotted by GameSpot, the game’s Quest Director Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz recently told YongYea in an interview that Cyberpunk 2077 will feature more than one ending. In the interview, around 15 minutes in, Tomaszkiewicz simply answers “yes” to the question of whether there are multiple endings – but he didn’t elaborate any further on how many there will be,Read more

cyberpunk-keanu-reeves-213x120.jpg

Cyberpunk 2077 fans are campaigning for an achievement called ‘You’re Breathtaking’

3 days ago |
At Microsoft’s E3 presentation, a new Cyberpunk 2077 trailer revealed Keanu Reeves in the role of Johnny Silverhand. Then he appeared on stage, a fan shouted “you’re breathtaking,” he shouted the same thing in response, and then revealed the Cyberpunk 2077 release date. The internet has not let this moment go, and now fans have declared that this moment should be memorialised in the game itself.

It started with a tweet from YouTuber Skill Up: “Petition to name the Cyberpunk 2077 100% completion trophy: ‘YOU’RE BREATHTAKING!’ Make it so, CD Projekt Red.” That got 1,000 retweets, then 50,000 upvotes on Reddit (via Gamebyte), then a Change.org petition, and now a PCGamesN article. Clearly, the people have spoken.

Trophies and achievements are more of a console phenomenon,Read more

cyberpunk-2077-trans-characters-213x120.jpg

Cyberpunk 2077 devs “want to” include transgender options in character creation
8 days ago |
It’s been a mixed week for CD Projekt Red, all told. Following excitement over the revelation that Keanu Reeves will play Johnny Silverhand in Cyberpunk 2077, the studio was criticised when a sexualised image of a transgender person surfaced in the game. Since then, CDPR has said it would like to widen your gender choices in the game’s character creator. In an interview with Gamasutra at E3 2019, quest director Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz said that “one of the things we want to do in the final game is to give players as many options of customisation in the beginning of the game as we can”. He went on to state that “we want to do this thing where, as you create your character, after you choose the body type, you can, for example,Read more

source: GameFragger.com: Video Game News, Reviews, Trailers and more! & PC Games news and reviews from PCGamesN.com

My take away:

A bunch of gangsters that probably behave like animals choosing to call themselves Animals...seems legit.

A Haitian gang using voodoo iconography...that's about as racist as an Scandinavian gang using norse mythology iconography or an indian gang using native american mythology iconography. Which is to say its not racist at all.

Also these are gangs and violent criminals so I dont expect them to be the most progressive and sensitive individuals.

It reminds me of the people who complain about Tarantino's characters and language they use...

These are stories about unsavoury criminals and their world. How do you expect them to be?

And it always seems to be white people who complain... even though it's got **** all to do with them.

Or the white people who complained about Scarlett Johansson being cast as the Major in GitS... and Japanese people were like "no, it's cool. Shes a cyborg".

It reminds me of the people who complain about Tarantino's characters and language they use...

These are stories about unsavoury criminals and their world. How do you expect them to be?

And it always seems to be white people who complain... even though it's got **** all to do with them.

Or the white people who complained about Scarlett Johansson being cast as the Major in GitS... and Japanese people were like "no, it's cool. Shes a cyborg".
Nice try, sneaking that last one in there. As a mutt I called that out as another example of Hollywood whitewashing, as did my Latino cousins and Ali Wong. Correct me if I'm wrong cuz my memory has gone to ****, but wasnt she an Android? Specifically, an Android meant to look Japanese? Her real name was Japanese in the movie IIRC. I know it's somewhat murky in this case with the Ghost in the Shell universe, but whitewashing should always be *****ed about when applicable because EVERY SINGLE TIME it happens it screws a chance for a minority actor to get a role. Asians get it the worst in Hollywood. Marvel alone screwed them over with The Ancient One and The Mandarin recently. Don't forget DC and Nolan; if he had chosen a villain from the comics that was black we know it would've gone to Bruce Willis or Sean Bean.

Nice try, sneaking that last one in there. As a mutt I called that out as another example of Hollywood whitewashing, as did my Latino cousins and Ali Wong. Correct me if I'm wrong cuz my memory has gone to ****, but wasnt she an Android? Specifically, an Android meant to look Japanese? Her real name was Japanese in the movie IIRC. I know it's somewhat murky in this case with the Ghost in the Shell universe, but whitewashing should always be *****ed about when applicable because EVERY SINGLE TIME it happens it screws a chance for a minority actor to get a role. Asians get it the worst in Hollywood. Marvel alone screwed them over with The Ancient One and The Mandarin recently. Don't forget DC and Nolan; if he had chosen a villain from the comics that was black we know it would've gone to Bruce Willis or Sean Bean.

I'm not trying to sneak anything in there. It's a fact. Japanese people were totally cool with it. They understood that 1. The Major is a cyborg and that even in the Manga/Anime she doesn't really look Asian. And 2. The only reason that 150 million dollar budgeted film even got made was because it had a megastar in the lead role.

As far as I'm concerned, Japanese opinion is the only one that matters in regards to Ghost in the Shell. I dont give a *uck that Sally or Barry from Wisconsin were offended by it. And no one else should either.

Same thing here. If loads of Latin people come out and started complaining about this gangsters portrayal... I'd support them. Their opinions matter. But if a bunch of white people who have nothing better to do than be offended start whinging? Shushhhhh. Its patronizing and kinda cringey.

I'm latino and don't find this stereotypically latino gangster at all. I didn't even know he was one but if he is then yay yay!

Why does it matter, it is an american remake of a japanese film? Asian films have made plenty of remakes of american films and had asians playing the roles. Nobody seems to bat an eye at that.

As said they needed a huge female lead to get the financing for the film. There isn't a big enough japanese actress that would have got the money. How many asian actors/actresses were in this film? If it wasn't made none of them would have got the job.

Last edited:
Why does it matter, it is an american remake of a japanese film? Asian films have made plenty of remakes of american films and had asians playing the roles. Nobody seems to bat an eye at that.

As said they needed a huge female lead to get the financing for the film. There isn't a big enough japanese actress that would have got the money. How many asian actors/actresses were in this film? If it wasn't made none of them would have got the job.
So they should be happy they got all the support roles? I call bull****. There were Japanese people and Asian people who were rightfully offended. I don't have any numbers, but I've heard criticism coming from multiple races, whether or not you care to accept that doesn't matter to me. We won't be changing each other's minds, so I'm going back to talking about the game.

As someone who has recently realized he is bisexual, I love knowing I can play a bisexual character. I usually play women when I get the chance (Mass Effect 1 and 2, Dragon Age: Inquisition) because most of the games I buy star men. I might get this game day one if I beat 3 of Dishonored/Nioh/Witcher 3 first expansion/Divinity: Original Sin/Persona 5 before then. I have put 10-30 hours in all of them, so it shouldn't be too hard.

The japanese and asians are perfectly capable of making their own great films (it was a remake). They don't need americans to make them for them. Much of the stuff coming out of asia is superior to hollywood anyway.

This great white saviour mentality needs to stop. Showing how great you are by saving the poor unfortunate minorities that are incapable of helping themselves. Being offended for them because they don't have a voice. They are capable and have a voice and they will be listened to far more than a middleclass white dude who feels guilt or wants to show how liberal he is.

The whining about the Major's casting always seemed like people just trying to virtue signal or people that werent actually familiar with the anime and manga:

clzo8bc1ul47mvm7mu0f

major_motoko_kusanagi_ws_wp_by_seniortwinkie.jpg

the-major.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

gits1.jpg

Physically the Major has never been distinctly asian. And her name being asian doesnt mean jack ****. It doesnt change the fact that she doesnt look asian and isnt asian. A name doesnt determine a person's race. Plus she's a cyborg so she isnt really any human race at all.

Also was there outrage when Scorsese remade Infernal Affairs as the Departed and cast a bunch of white people in the roles? Or when The Ring and Grudge were remade with white actors in the lead roles?

Last edited:
Wow, even more stupid arguments. Characters in anime tend to have wide eyes, it's so they have mass appeal. Also, wrong on both accounts, assuming I'm white and middle class.

Wow, even more stupid arguments. Characters in anime tend to have wide eyes, it's so they have mass appeal. Also, wrong on both accounts, assuming I'm white and middle class.

I didn't assume you were anything. I was talking in general. People were offended on behalf of mike pondsmith for cyberpunk 2077 for being racist (which pissed him off, as he actually helped develop the game), people are offended on others behalf a lot of the time. Which is bloody stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"